An Online Incremental Semi-Supervised Learning Method
Furao Shen*, Hui Yu*, Youki Kamiya**, and Osamu Hasegawa**
*The State Key Laboratory for Novel Software Technology, and Jiangyin Information Technology Research Institute, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, P.R. China
**The Imaging Science and Engineering Lab., Tokyo Institute of Technology, R2-52, 4259 Nagatsuda, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
-  S. Grossberg, “Nonlinear neural networks: principles, mechanisms, and architectures,” Neural Networks, Vol.1, pp. 17-61, 1988.
-  F. H. Hamker, “Life-long Learning Cell Structures – Continuously Learning without Catastrophic Interference,” Neural Networks, Vol.14, No.4, pp.551-572, 2001.
-  F. Shen and O. Hasegawa, “An Incremental Network for On-line Unsupervised Classification and Topology Learning,” Neural Networks, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 90-106, 2006.
-  O. Chapelle, B. Schölkopf, and A. Zien, editors, “Semi-Supervised Learning,” MIT Press, 2006.
-  X. Zhu, “Semi-Supervised Learning Literature Survey,” Technical Report 1530, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2005.
-  A. Dong and B. Bhanu, “Active Concept Learning in Image Databases,” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SYSTEMS, MAN, AND CYBERNETICSBłPART B: CYBERNETICS, Vol.35, No.3, pp. 450-466, 2005.
-  J. Tang, X.-S. Hua, M. Wang, Z. Gu, G.-J. Qi, and X. Wu, “Correlative Linear Neighborhood Propagation for Video Annotation,” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SYSTEMS, MAN, AND CYBERNETICSBłPART B: CYBERNETICS, Vol.39, No.2, pp. 409-416, 2009.
-  T. Kohonen, editor, “Self-Organizing Maps,” Springer Series in Information Sciences, Springe, Heidelberg, 1997.
-  H. Bauer and T. Villmann, “Growing a hypercubical output space in a self-organizing feature map,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 218-226, March 1997.
-  B. Fritzke, “Growing Cell Structures – A Self-organizing Network for Unsupervised and Supervised Learning,” Neural Networks, Vol.7, No.9, pp. 1441-1460, 1994.
-  B. Fritzke, “A Growing Neural Gas Network Learns Topologies,” In Neural Information Processing Systems, Vol.7, pp. 625-632, Denver, USA, 1995, MIT Press.
-  Y. Prudent and A. Ennaji, “An Incremental Growing Neural Gas Learns Topologies,” In Proc. of the IEEE-INNS-ENNS Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks (IJCNN ’05), pp. 1211-1216, Montreal, Canada, 2005.
-  S. Grossberg, “Adaptive Pattern Recognition and Universal Encoding II: Feedback, Expectation, Olfaction, and Illusions,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.23, pp. 187-202, 1976.
-  G. A. Carpenter, S. Grossberg, N. Markuzon, J. H. Reynolds, and D. B. Rosen, “Fuzzy ARTMAP: A Neural Network Architecture for Incremental Supervised Learning of Analog Multidimensional Maps,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol.3, No.5, pp. 698-713, 1992.
-  G. C. Anagnostopoulos, M. Bharadwaj, M. Georgiopoulos, S. J. Verzi, and G. L. Heileman, “Exemplar-based Pattern Recognition via Semi-Supervised Learning,” In Proc. of the IEEE-INNSENNS Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks (IJCNN ’03), Vol.3, pp. 1350-1356, 2003.
-  F. Shen, T. Ogura, and O. Hasegawa, “An enhanced self-organizing incremental neural network for online unsupervised learning,” Neural Networks, Vol.20, pp. 893-903, 2007.
-  T. M. Martinetz, “Competitive Hebbian Learning Rule Forms Perfectly Topology Preserving Maps,” In Proc. of Int. Conf. on Artificial Neural Network (ICANN), pp. 427-434, 1993.
-  T. M. Martinetz and K. J. Schulten, “Topology Representing Networks,” Neural Networks, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 507-522, 1994.
-  V. Sindhwani, P. Niyogi, and M. Belkin, “Beyond the Point Cloud: from Transductive to Semi-Supervised Learning,” In Proc. of the 22nd Int. Conf. onMachine Learning (ICML 05), pp. 824-831, New York, NY, USA, 2005, ACM Press.
-  T. M. Cover and P. E. Hart, “Nearest Neighbor Pattern Classification,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, IT-13, No.1, pp. 21-27, 1967.
-  C. Merz and M. Murphy, “UCI Repository of Machine Learning Databases,” Technical report, University of California Department of Information, Irvine, CA.
-  A. P. Bradley, “The Use of the Area Under the ROC curve in the Evaluation of Machine Learning Algorithms”, Pattern Recognition, Vol.30, No.7, pp. 1145-1159, 1997.
-  V. Vapnik, editor, “Statistical Learning Theory,” Wiley, New York, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.