Auction-Based Consensus Mechanism for Cooperative Tracking in Multi-Sensor Surveillance Systems
Ahmed M. Elmogy, Fakhreddine O. Karray, and Alaa M. Khamis
University of Waterloo 200 University Avenue, West, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
-  I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “Wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Computer Networks 38, pp. 393-422, 2002.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-organization and Associative Memory,” Springer, ISBN: 0-387-51387-6, 1989.
-  B. P. Gerkey and M. J. Mataric, “Sold!: Auction Methods for Multirobot Coordination,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 785-768, Oct. 2002.
-  M. R. Endsley, “Toward a Theory of Situation Awareness in Dynamic Systems,” Human Factors, Vol.37, No.1, pp. 32-64, 1995.
-  J. O’Rourke, “Art Gallery Theorems and Algorithms,” London, U.K.: Oxford Univ. Press, 1987.
-  K. Hsiang, W. Leow, and M. Ang, “Autonomic Mobile Sensor Network With Self- Coordinated Task Allocation and Execution,” IEEE Trans. On SMC- Part C, Vol.36, No.3, pp. 315-327, May 2006.
-  N. Heo and P. Varsheny, “Energy Efficient Deployment of Intelligent Mobile sensor Networks,” IEEE Trans. on SMC- Part A, Vol.35, No.1, pp. 78-92, Jan. 2005.
-  H. Qi, S. S. Iyengar, and K. Chakrabarty, “Distributed sensor fusion-a review of recent research,” J. Franklin Inst., Vol.338, pp. 655-668, 2001.
-  A. Howard, M. J. Mataric, and G. S. Sukhatme, “Mobile sensor network deployment using potential fields: A distributed, scalable solution to the area coverage problem,” in Proc. 6th Int. Conf. Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems, Fukuoka, Japan, pp. 299-308, 2002.
-  J. Cortes, S. Martnez, T. Karatas, and F. Bullo, “Coverage Control for Mobile Sensing Networks,” IEEE Trans. On Robotics and Automation, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 243-255, April 2004.
-  R. E. Kalman, “A New Approach to Linear Filtering and Prediction Problems,” J. of Basic Engineering, Vol.82, No.1, pp. 35-45, 1960.
-  J. K. Uhlmann, “General Data Fusion for Estimates with Unknown Cross Covariances,” Proc. of the SPIE AeroSense Conf., 1996.
-  A. R. Benaskeur and J. Roy, “A Consistent Filter for Robust Decentralized Data Fusion,” Defense Research & Development Canada — Valcartier, Technical Report, 2002.
-  L. D. Stone, C. A. Barlow, and T. L. Corwin, “Bayesian Multiple Target Tracking,” Artech House Books, ISBN: 0 58053 024 9, 2000.
-  D. Simon, “Optimal State Estimation: Kalman, H Infinity, and Nonlinear Approaches,” Wiley, 2006.
-  F. Amoozegar, A. Notash, and H. Y. Pang, “Survey of fuzzy logic and neural network technology for Multi-Target Tracking,” In Proc. of 8th Conf. on Automatic Target Recognition, Vol.3371, pp. 160-171, ISBN 0-8194-2820-5, 1998.
-  Y. Dong, “Energy Efficiency and Surveillance Applications in Mobile Sensor Networks,” Purdue University, Ph.D. Thesis, 2006.
-  Y. B. Shalom and T. E. Fortmann, “Tracking and data Association,” Academic Press, Inc., Orlando, Florida, 1988.
-  P. L. Bogler, “Radar principles with applications to tracking systems,” John Wiley & Sons, New York 1990.
-  F. Gustafsson, F. Gunnarsson, K. Bergman, U. Forssell, J. Jansson, R. Karlsson, and P. J. Nordlund, “Particle filters for positioning, navigation, and tracking,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol.50, No.2, pp. 425-437, Feb. 2002.
-  M. Isard and A. Blake, “Condensation- conditional propagation for visual tracking,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.29, No.1, pp. 5-28, 1998.
-  D. Liu and L. C. Fu, “Target tracking in an environment of nearly stationary and biased clutter,” In Proc. of the 2001 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1358-1363, Maui, Hawaii, Oct. 2001.
-  W. Zhang and G. Cao, “Optimizing free reconfiguration for mobile target tracking in sensor network,” In Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Communication, pp. 2434-2445, March 2004.
-  R. Murrieta, H. G. Banos, and B. Tavar, “A reactive motion planner to maintain visibility of unpredictable targets,” In Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4242-4247, Washington DC, May 2002.
-  L. E. Parker, “Distributed algorithms for multi-robot observation of multiple moving targets,” Int. J. of Autonomous Robots, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 231-255, 2002.
-  L. E. Parker, “Cooperative robotics for multi-target Observation,” Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, special issue on Robotics Research at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 5-19, 1999.
-  A. Kolling and S. Carpin, “Multi-robot cooperation for surveillance of multiple moving targets — a new behavioral approach,” In Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and automation, pp. 1311-1316, 2006.
-  A. Kolling and S. Carpin, “Cooperative observation of multiple moving targets: an algorithm and its formalization,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.26, No.9, pp. 935-953, Nov. 2007.
-  B. Jung and G. S. Sukhatme, “Tracking targets using multiple robots: The effect of environment occlusion,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.13, No.3, pp. 191-205, 2002.
-  W. W. Ltu, C. H. Jing, B. W. Wang, Y. Shi, and H. U. Fen, “Study on Combining Subtractive Clustering with Fuzzy C-Means Clustering,” Proc. of the Second Int. Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Xian, 2-5 November 2003.
-  J. B. MacQueen, “Some Methods for classification and Analysis of Multivariate Observations,” Proc. of 5-th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, Berkeley, University of California Press, 1, pp. 281-297, 1967.
-  T. Kanungo, D. M. Mount, N. S. Netanyahu, C. D. Piatko, R. Silverman, and A. Y. Wu, “An Efficient k-Means Clustering Algorithm: Analysis and Implementation,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.24, No.7, pp. 881-891, July 2002.
-  L. M. Gambardella and C. Versino, “Learning The Visuomotor Coordination Of A Mobile Robot By Using The Invertible Kohonen Map,” From Natural to Artificial Neural Computation, Int. Workshop on Artificial Neural Networks Proc., pp. 1084-1091, Berlin, 1995.
-  G. R. Mir: Mobot Simulator, Available at: http://www.mobotsoft.com/mobotsim.htm, Oct. 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.