A Commanding and Visualization Software Suite for Controlling the Mars Rovers and Other Planetary Robots
Frank R. Hartman, Brian Cooper, Scott Maxwell, John Wright, and Jeng Yen
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology Pasadena, CA, USA
-  B. Cooper, “Driving on the Surface of Mars Using the Rover Control Workstation,” Proc. of SpaceOps’98, Tokyo, Japan, 1998.
-  B. Green et al., “Processing and Analysis of the Mars Pathfinder Science Data,” J. of Geophysical Research, Vol.104, pp. 8831-8852, April, 1999.
-  J. Wright, F. R. Hartman, and B. Cooper, “Immersive Visualization for Mission Operations: Beyond Mars Pathfinder,” Proc. of SpaceOps’98, Tokyo, Japan, 1998.
-  J. Wright, F. R. Hartman, and B. Cooper, “Immersive Environment Technologies for Mars Exploration,” Concepts and Approaches for Mars Exploration, Lunar and Planetary Institute, Houston, Texas, 1999.
-  S. Maxwell, B. Cooper, F. R. Hartman, J. Wright, and J. Yen, “The Design and Architecture of the Rover Sequencing and Visualization Program,” Proc. of SpaceOps 2004, Montreal, Canada, 2004.
-  S. Maxwell, B. Cooper, F. R. Hartman, J. Wright, and J. Yen, “The Best of Both Worlds: Integrating Textual and Visual Command Interfaces for Mars Rover Operation,” Proc. of IEEE SMC 2005, Waikoloa, Hawaii, 2005.
-  J. Wright, F. R. Hartman, B. Cooper, S. Maxwell, and J. Morrison, “Terrain Modeling for Immersive Visualization for the Mars Exploration Rovers,” Proc. of SpaceOps 2004, Montreal, Canada, 2004.
-  J. Yen, B. Cooper, F. R. Hartman, S. Maxwell, and J. Wright, “Sequence Rehearsal and Validation on Surface Operations of the Mars Exploration Rovers,” Proc. of SpaceOps 2004, Montreal, Canada, 2004.
-  J. N. Maki, J. F. Bell, K. E. Herkenhoff, S. W. Squyres, A. Kiely, M. Klimesh, M. Schwochert, T. Litwin, R. Willson, A. Johnson, M. Maimone, E. Baumgartner, A. Collins, M. Wadsworth, S. T. Elliot, A. Dingizian, D. Brown, E. C. Hagerott, L. Scherr, R. Deen, D. Alexander, and J. Lorre, “The Mars Exploration Rover Engineering Cameras,” J. Geophys. Res., 108(E12), 8071, December, 2003.
-  J. S. Norris, M. W. Powell, M. A. Vona, P. G. Backes, and J. V. Wick, “Mars Exploration Rover Operations with the Science Activity Planner,” To appear in Proc., IEEE Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Barcelona, Spain, April, 2005.
-  S. Goldberg, M. Maimone, and L. Matthies, “Stereo Vision and Rover Navigation Software for Planetary Exploration,” Proc. of the 2002 IEEE Aerospace Conf., Vol.5, Big Sky, Montana, March, 2002.
-  R. Bonitz et al., “NASA Mars 2007 Phoenix Lander Robotic Arm and Icy Soil Acquisition Device,” J. of Geophysical Research, 113(E00A01), June, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.