Effect on EEGs When Listening to Harmony
Ryosuke Yamanishi*, Shohei Kato*, Tsutomu Kunitachi**,
and Hidenori Itoh*
*Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
**Daido Institute of Technology, 10-3 Takiharu-cho, Minami-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 457-8530, Japan
-  S. Saito, “Depression and Suicide,” The journal of the Association of Life Insurance Medicine of Japan, Vol.103, pp. 297-309, 2005.
-  E. Hoshino, “What is music therapy? : The use of various powers inherent in the roots of music,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of Japan, Vol.64, pp. 468-474, 2008.
-  K. Okada, A. Kurita, Y. Horiguchi, B. Takase, Y. Kusama, and H. Atarashi, “OJ-327 Music Therapy is Useful for Cardiac Autonomic Nerve Functions in Octogenarian Patients with Cerebral Vascular Disorders,”Dementia and Heart Failure (Autonomic nervous system-2 (H) OJ55, Oral Presentation (Japanese), The 70th Anniversary Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society), Circulation journal: official journal of the Japanese Circulation Society, Vol.70, p. 316, 2006.
-  L. B. Meyer, “Emotion and Meaning in Music,” University of Chicago Press, 1956.
-  S. Kiyota, S. Korematsu, and T. Izumi, “The Effects of Music Therapy on Bronchial Asthma and Autonomic Nervous System Activity in Children,” The journal of child health, Vol.66, pp. 644-648, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  M. Suzuki, M. Kanamori, S. Nagasawa, T. Isowa, and T. Saruhara, “Music therapy-induced changes in behavioral evaluations, and saliva chromogranin A and immunoglobulin A concentrations in elderly patients with senile dementia,” Geriatrics & gerontology international, Vol.7, pp. 61-71, 2007.
-  G. Takeda, Y. Hirose, and S. Yamamoto, “A Study of Time Varying EEG Responses in the Processes of Chord Cognition,” Journal of Acoustical Society of Japan, Vol.2003, pp. 861-862, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  T. Iwaki, “Psychophysiological study of arousal modulation effects of music,” Memories of Graduate school of biosphere science, Hiroshima University IV, 23, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Mitani, K. Tsutsumoto, and N. Nakasako, “Evaluation of Emotions for Music Sounds with Different Tones Based on Emotional Spectrum Analysis Method Using Brain Waves,” Memories of Faculty of Engineering, Fukuyama University, 29, 1-8, 2005, 861-862, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  M. Nuki, K. Nagata, and H. Kawakami, “The Relations among EEG, Mood, Preference, Personality, and Spectrum Power Analysis in Listening to Healing Music,” Information Processing Society of Japan (Special Interest Groups of Music) Technical Report, Vol.2004, pp. 35-40, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Okumura, K. Igawahara, and K. Matunami, “Emotional Change in Elderly Persons Induced by Old Japanese Popular Songs -A study with EEG and Questionnaire Method-,” Japanese Journal of Music Therapy, Vol.5, pp. 177-187, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  M. H. Thaut, “Rhythm, Music, And The Brain: Scientific Foundations and clinical applications,” Kyodoisho DTP station, 2006.
-  Y. Mori, K. Kazai, and H. Katayose, “Measurement of Brain Activity while listening to Minimal Music,” IPSJ SIG technical reports, 2007, 37, pp. 77-80, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  S. Chikahisa, M. Mitani, and H. Araki, “Effect of Music Constitution on Alpha-Wave Changes,” Journal of physiological anthropology and applied human science, Vol.21, p. 137, 2002.
-  Y. Ueda, H. Kashiba, M. Ishii, T. Yanagida, Y. Kitamura, and Y. Saeki, “Sound Effect of a Music Box on EEG,” Journal of International Society of Life Information Science, Vol.18, pp. 269-275, 2000.
-  S. Yamamoto, Y. Hirose, and Y. Sagawa, “EEG Power variation while listening to chords of synthetic piano tones,” Journal of Japan Society of Kansei Engineering, Vol.6, pp. 51-60, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  M. Miura, Y. Aoyama, and H. Taniguchi, “AMOR: A System for Yielding Harmony to Given Melodies of Popular Styles,” Information Processing Society of Japan, Vol.46, pp. 1176-1187, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  E. Lloyd, “Handbook of Applicable Mathematics,” A Wiley-Interscience Publication, 1984.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.