Effect of Genetic Encoding on Evolution of Efficient Neural Controllers
Graduate School of Science and Engineering for Research, University of Toyama, Gofuku Campus, 3190 Gofuku, Toyama 930-8555, Japan
-  R. Schwaiger, H. A. Mayer, and R. Huber, “Evolution of low complexity artificial neural networks for land cover classification from remote sensing data,” Proc. of the 20th workshop of the Austrian Association for Pattern Recognition, pp. 75-86, 1996.
-  R. Kamimura, “Multi-layered greedy network growing algorithm: extension of greedy network growing algorithm to multi-layered networks,” Int. J. Neural Syst, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 9-26, 2004.
-  S. Nolfi, “Evolving robots able to self-localize in the environment: The importance of viewing cognition as the result of processes occurring at different time scales,” Connection Science, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 231-244, 2002.
-  G. Capi, “A New Method for Simultaneous Evolution of Robot Behaviors based on Multiobjective Evolution,” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4133-4137, 2006.
-  R. Odagiri, Y. Wei, T. Asai, O. Yamakawa, and K. Murase, “Measuring the complexity of the real environment with evolutionary robot: Evolution of a real mobile robot Khepera to have minimal structure,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC98), pp. 348-353, 1998.
-  L. Marti, “Genetically Generated Neural Networks II: Searching for an Optimal Representation,” in: IEEE Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks, Vol.2, pp. 221-226, 1992.
-  V. Maniezzo, “Searching among search spaces: hastening the genetic evolution of feedforward networks,” In Proc. of the Conf. on Artificial Neural Nets and Genetic Algorithms, pp. 635-642, 1993.
-  J. R. Koza and J. P. Rice, “Genetic Generation of Both the Weights and Architecture for a Neural Network,” In Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks, IJCNN-91, Vol.2, pp. 397-404, 1991.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.