Rain-Area Identification Using TRMM/TMI Data by Data Mining Approach
Shan-Tai Chen*, Chien-Chen Wu*, Wann-Jin Chen**,
and Jen-Chi Hu**
*Dept. of Computer Science, Chung Cheng Institute of Technology, National Defense University, No.190, Sanyuan 1
st St., Tashi, Taoyuan, Taiwan
**School of Defense Science, Chung Cheng Institute of Technology, National Defense University
-  K. S. Cheng and S. F. Shih, “Rainfall Area Identification Using GOES Satellite Data,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, Vol.118, No.1, pp. 179-190, January/February, 1992.
-  M. H. Gonzalez and I. Velasco, “Rainfall area identification using satellite data,” Climate Research, Vol.5, pp. 259-267, 1995.
-  C. Kummerow and L. Giglio, “A method combining passive microwave and infrared rainfall observations,” Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 12, pp. 33-45, 1995.
-  G. J. Huffman, R. F. Adler, D. T. Bolvin, G. Gu, E. J. Nelkin, K. P. Bowman, Y. Hong, E. F. Stocker, and D. B. Wolff, “The TRMM Multisatellite Precipitation Analysis (TMPA): Quasi-Global, Multiyear, Combined-Sensor Precipitation Estimates at Fine Scales,” Journal of Hydrometeorology, Vol.8, Issue 1, pp. 38-55, February, 2007.
-  V. L. Sanderson, C. Kidd, and G. R. McGregor, “A Comparison of TRMM Microwave Techniques for Detecting the Diurnal Rainfall Cycle,” J. Hydrometeor., 7, pp. 687-704, 2006.
-  T. T. Wilheit, A. T. C. Chang, and L. S. Chiu, “Retrieval of monthly rainfall indices from microwave radiometeric measurements using probability distribution functions,” Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 8, pp. 118-136, 1991.
-  F. S. Marzano, “Recent developments on precipitation retrieval by spaceborne microwave radiometry,” Toward new Sensors and New Retrievals in Radiometry, Report following the COST-712 Project 2+3 Workshop in Amsterdam, version 1, pp. 33-53, 18-19, January, 2000.
-  J. C. Hu, W. J. Chen, G.-R. Liu, M. H. Chang, and H. P. Gang, “Quantitative rain rate over ocean using microwave observations during the typhoon season,” Weather Forecasting and Analyzing, Vol.185, No.380, pp. 21-30, 2005.
-  W. J. Chen, J. C. Hu, G. R. Liu, and M. H. Chang, “Quantitative precipitation over ocean using TMI microwave observations during the typhoon season,” Journal of Atmospheric Science, Vol.34, No.1, pp. 67-88, 2006.
-  N. C. Grody, “Classification of Snow Cover and Precipitation Using the Special Sensor Microwave Imager,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.96, pp. 7423-7435, 1991.
-  W. J. Chen and C. C. Li, “Oceanic Rain Rate Retrievals Using TRMM Microwave Imager Multi-Channel Brightness Temperatures During the 1998 SCSMEX,” Terrestrial, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Vol.11, pp. 765-788, 2000.
-  M. A. Goodberlet, C. T. Swift, and J. C. Wilkerson, “Remote Sensing of Ocean Surface Winds with the Special Sensor Microwave/Imager,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.94, C10, pp. 14547-14555, 1989.
-  C. Kummerow, Y. Hong, W. S. Olson, S. Yang, R. F. Adler, J. Mc-Collum, R. Ferraro, G. Petty, D. B. Shin, and T. T. Wilheit, “The evaluation of the Goddard Profiling Algorithm (GPROF) for rainfall estimation from passive microwave sensors,” J. Appl. Meteor., Vol.40, pp. 1801-1820, 2001.
-  C. C. Li, “Retrievals and application of rainfall rate over ocean using TMI microwave observation,” The thesis of Ph. D. of National Defense University, 2002.
-  J. C. Principe, N. R. Euliano, and W. C. Lefebvre, “Neural and Adaptive System : Fundamentals through Simulations,” John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2000.
-  T. H. Martin, B. D. Howard, and B. Mark, “Neural Network Design,” Thomson Learning, Boston, 1996.
-  C. Kummerow, W. Barnes, T. Kozu, J. Shiue, and J. Simpson, “The Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) Sensor Package,” Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 809-817, 1998.
-  C. Kummerow, “Beamfilling Error in Passive Microwave Rainfall Retrievals,” J. Appl. Meteor., Vol.37, pp. 356-370, 1998.
-  W. J. Chen, J. C. Hu, and M. D. Tsai, “Over-ocean rainfall retrieval from TRMM/TMI data during the Typhoon season,” 14th Conf. on Satellite Meteorology and Oceanography, Atlanta, U.S.A, Jan.28-Feb.02, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.