Fuzzy Logic Based Lane Change Model for Microscopic Traffic Flow Simulation
Madhu Errampalli*, Masashi Okushima**, and Takamasa Akiyama**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Gifu University
**Department of Civil Engineering, Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
-  R. M. Pendyala, R. Kitamura, C. Chen, and E. I. Pas, “An Activitybased Microsimulation Analysis of Transportation Control Measures,” Transport Policy, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 183-192, 1997.
-  J. Barcelo and J. Casas, “Dynamic Network Simulation with AIMSUN,” Proc. Intl. Sym. on Transport Simulation, Japan, 2002.
-  J. Wu, M. Brackstone, and M. McDonald, “Fuzzy Sets and Systems for A Motorway Microscopic Simulation Model,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.116, pp. 65-76, 2000.
-  P. Hidas, “Modelling Lane Changing and Merging in Microscopic Traffic Simulation,” Transportation Research C, Vol.10, pp. 351-371, 2002.
-  P. G. Gipps, “A Model for the Structure of Lane-changing Decisions,” Transportation Research B, Vol.35(5), pp. 107-120, 1986.
-  Q. Yang and H. S. Koutsopoulos, “A Microscopic Traffic Simulator for Evaluation of Dynamic Traffic Management Systems,” Transportation Research C, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 113-129, 1996.
-  M. Errampalli, M. Okushima, and T. Akiyama, “Microscopic Simulation Model Considering Public Transport Policy,” Journal of Eastern Asia Society for Transport Studies (EASTS), Vol.6, pp. 2718-2733, 2005.
-  M. Errampalli, M. Okushima, and T. Akiyama, “Evaluation of Bus Lane Policy by Microscopic Simulation Model,” Proc. 4th ITS Symposium, ITS Japan, pp. 187-192, 2005.
-  Y. Takihi, M. Okushima, and T. Akiyama, “Application of Inflow Control Method with Fuzzy Logic for Urban Expressway,” Proc. of SICS & ISIS, CD-ROM No.20611, 2002.
-  B. J. Kim, “Design of fuzzy PD+I controller for tracking control,” Proc. of American Control Conference, pp. 2124-2129, 2002.
-  S. Kikuchi and P. Chakroborty, “Car-following model based on a fuzzy inference system,” TRR 1365, TRB, pp. 82-91, 1992.
-  M. Errampalli, M. Okushima, and T. Akiyama, “Evaluation of Bus Priority System by Microscopic Simulation Model,” Infrastructure Review, Vol.23, No.4, JSCE, pp. 945-953, 2006.
-  P. Chakroborty and S. Kikuchi, “Evaluation of General Motors based Car-following Models and Proposed Fuzzy Inference Model,” Transportation Research C, Vol.7, pp. 209-235, 1999.
-  J. Wu, M. Brackstone, and M. McDonald, “The Validation of a Microscopic Simulation Model: A Methodological Case Study,” Transportation Research C, Vol.11, pp. 463-479, 2003.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy Sets as a basis for a Theory of Possibility,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.100 Supplement, pp. 9-34, 1999.
-  D. Dubios and H. Prade, “Fuzzy Sets and Systems: Theory and Applications,” Academic Press Inc., New York, 1980.
-  D. Dubios and H. Prade, “Ranking Fuzzy Numbers in the Setting of Possibility Theory,” Information Sciences, Vol.30, pp. 183-224, 1983.
-  T. Akiyama, “Extended Traffic Assignment Models with Fuzzy Travel Time,” Proc. 4th AFSS, Japan, Vol.1, May-Jun., pp. 587-592, 2000.
-  T. Akiyama and T. Nomura, “The Proposal of Fuzzy Traffic Assignment Models,” Journal of EASTS, Vol.3(6), pp. 263-277, 1999.
-  K. Mizutani and T. Akiyama, “A Descriptive Hybrid Model of Modal Choice using Fuzzy Reasoning,” Proc. 4th AFSS, 2000, Vol.1, May-Jun., pp. 593-598, 2000.
-  H. P. Tai, T. Akiyama, and M. Okushima, “Development of Combined Modal Split/Traffic Assignment Model with Fuzzy Logic,” Proc. EASTS, Vol.4, pp. 663-677, 2003.
-  K. Tanaka, “An Introduction to Fuzzy Logic for Practical Applications,” Springer-Verlag, New York, 1997.
-  H. J. Zimmermann, “Fuzzy Set Theory - and its Applications,” Kluwer Nijhoff Publishing, Hingham, USA, 1985.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.