Realization of Rapid Movement for Legged Entertainment Robots Using Two New Actuators, the Inertia Actuator and the Cam Charger
Amir Ali Forough Nassiraei*,**, Kazuo Ishii**, Seiji Masakado**,
Takayuki Matsuo**, Kodai Ichikawa**, Hajime Fukushima**,
Masayuki Murata**, Takashi Sonoda**, Isao Takahira**,
and Tsutomu Miki**
*FAIS-Robotics Development Support Office, Collaboration Center 4F, 2-1 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka 808-0196, Japan
**Graduate School of Life Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 2-4 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka 808-0196, Japan
-  K. Matsuoka, “A mechanical model of repetitive hopping movements,” Biomechanisms, Vol.5, pp. 251-258, 1980.
-  M. H. Raibert, H. B. Brown, Jr., and M. Chepponis, “Experiments in balance with a 3D one-legged hopping machine,” Int. J. Robot. Res., Vol.3, No.2, pp. 75-92, 1984.
-  M. Raibert, “Legged Robots that balance,” MIT Press, Cambridge, 1986.
-  H. Okubo, M. Handa, and E. Nakano, “Design of a Jumping Machine Using Self-energizing Spring-Jumping by Small Actuators,” Journal of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 57-63, 1988.
-  S. Hyon and T. Mita, “Development of a biologically inspired hopping robot-Kenken,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3984-3991, 2002.
-  K. Arikawa and T. Mita, “Design of Multi-DOF jumping robot,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3992-3997, 2002.
-  S. Hyon, N. Yokoyama, and T. Emura, “Back Handspring of a Multi-link Gymnastic Robot- Reference model approach,” Advance Robotics, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 93-113, 2006.
-  P. Fiorini and J. Burdisk, “The development of hopping capabilities for small robots,” Auton. Robots, Vol.14, No.2-3, pp. 239-254, Mar./May, 2003.
-  S. A. Stoeter and N. Papanikolopoulos,“Kinematic Motion Model for Jumping Scout Robots,” IEEE Transaction on robotics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 398-403, 2006.
-  B. Thornton, T. Ura, Y. Nose, and E. Turnock, “Zero-G Class Underwater Robots and Unrestricted Attitude Control using Control Moment Gyros,” CD-ROM Proc. OCEANS’06, Singapore, 2006.5.
-  N. M. Mayer, R. S. Guerra, M. Ogino, and M. Asada, “Stabilizing a Biped Robot by Using a Symmetric Rotor,” CD-ROM Proc. of RoboMec 2005, 1P2-S-045, 2005.
-  J. E. Shigley and C. R. Mischke, “Mechanical Engineering Design,” McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.