Evolution and Learning Mediated by Differences in Developmental Timing
Kei Ohnishi*, Masato Uchida**, and Yuji Oie***
*Human Media Creation Center / Kyushu, 3-8-1 Asano, Kokura-Kita-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 802-0001, JAPAN
**Network Design Research Center, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 3-8-1 Asano, Kokura-Kita-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 802-0001, JAPAN
***Faculty of Computer Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawazu, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, JAPAN
-  A. Cangelosi, “Heterochrony and Adaptation in Developing Neural Networks,” Proc. of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference 1999, San Francisco, CA, pp. 1241-1248, 1999.
-  K. Deb and D. E. Goldberg, “Analyzing Deception in Trap Functions,” Foundations of Genetic Algorithms, Vol.2, pp. 93-108, 1993.
-  D. E. Goldberg, B. Korb, and K. Deb, “Messy Genetic Algorithms: Motivation, Analysis, and First Results,” Complex Systems, Vol.3, No.5, pp. 493-530, 1989.
-  S. J. Gould, “Ontogeny and Phylogeny,” Harvard Univ. Press, Oxford, 1977.
-  G. R. Harik and D. E. Goldberg, “Learning Linkage,” Foundations of Genetic Algorithms, Vol.4, pp. 247-262, 1996.
-  H. Kitano, “Designing Neural Networks Using Genetic Algorithms with Graph Generation System,” Complex Systems, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 461-476, 1990.
-  P. Larranaga and J. A. Lozano, “Estimation of Distribution Algorithms: A New Tool for Evolutionary Computation, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001.
-  K. Ohnishi, K. Sastry, Y.-P. Chen, and D. E. Goldberg, “Inducing Sequentiality Using Grammatical Genetic Codes,” Proc. of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference 2004, Seattle, WA, pp. 1426-1437, 2004.
-  M. Pelikan, D. E. Goldberg, and F. Lobo, “A Survey of Optimization by Building and Using Probabilistic Models,” IlliGAL Report No.99018, Illinois Genetic Algorithms Lab., Univ. of Illinois, Urbana, IL, 1999.
-  C. Ryan, J. J. Collins, and M. O’Neill, “Grammatical Evolution : Evolving Programs for an Arbitrary Language,” Proc. of the First European Conference on Genetic Programming, pp. 83-96, 1998.
-  C. Ryan, M. Nicolau, and M. O’Neill, “Genetic Algorithms Using Grammatical Evolution,” Proc. of the Fifth European Conference on Genetic Programming (EuroGP 2002), pp. 278-287, 2002.
-  H. Satoh, M. Yamamura, and S. Kobayashi, “Minimal Generation Gap Model for GAs Considering Both Exploration and Exploitation,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, Neural Networks and Soft Computing (Iizuka’96), pp. 494-497, 1996.
-  G. Syswerda, “A Study of Reproduction in Generational and Steady State Genetic Algorithms,” Foundations of Genetic Algorithms, Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo, CA, pp. 94-101, 1991.
-  D. Thierens and D. E. Goldberg, “Mixing in Genetic Algorithms,” Proc. of the 5th Int. Conf. on Genetic Algorithms (ICGA-93), pp. 38-45, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.