Genetic Algorithm for the Optimization of Collaborative Systems
Tad Gonsalves*, Shinichiro Baba**, and Kiyoshi Itoh*
*Laboratory of Information & Systems Engineering, Faculty of Science & Technology, Sophia University, 7-1 Kioicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8554, Japan
**Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 1776-15-402 Maginu, Miyamae, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216-0035, Japan
-  T. Gonsalves and K. Itoh, “Generic Core Life Cycle and Conceptual Architecture for the Development of Collaborative Systems,” P. Bernus and M. Fox (Eds.), Knowledge Sharing in the Integrated Enterprise: Inter-operability Strategies for the Enterprise Architect, Springer, New York, 2005.
-  A. Hasegawa, S. Kumagai, and K. Itoh, “Collaboration Task Analysis by Identifying Multi-Context and Collaborative Linkage,” CERA, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 61-71, 2000.
-  J. Banks and J. S. Carson II, “Discrete-Event System Simulation,” Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1984.
-  J. Banks, J. S. Carson II, B. L. Nelson, and D. M. Nicol, “DES Simulation (3rd ed.),” Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 2001.
-  T. Gonsalves, K. Itoh, and R. Kawabata, “Performance Design and Improvement of Collaborative Engineering Systems by the Application of Knowledge-Based Qualitative Reasoning,” Knowledge Based Design Series, The ATLAS, Vol.1, pp. 1-31, 2005
-  J. Kuipers, “Qualitative Reasoning Modeling and Simulation with Incomplete Knowledge,” The MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1994.
-  J. H. Holland, “Adaptations in Natural and Artificial systems,” The University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor MI, 1975.
-  D. E. Goldberg, “Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning,” Addison-Wesley, Reading MA, 1989.
-  M. Mitchell, “An Introduction to Genetic Algorithm,” MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1996.
-  Z. Michalewicz, “Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs,” Springer-Verlag, 1996.
-  L. Davis (Ed.), “The Genetic Algorithms Handbook,” Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1991.
-  J. R. Koza, “Genetic Programming,” MIT Press, MA, 1992.
-  S. Forrest, “Genetic Algorithms,” Computing Surveys, Vol.28:1, pp. 77-80, 1996.
-  C. Reeves, “Genetic Algorithms,” F. Glover and G. A. Kochenberger (Eds.), Handbook of Metaheuristics, Kluwer Academic Publications, Boston, 2003.
-  A. M. Law and W. D. Kelton, “Simulation Modeling and Analysis,” (2nd ed.), McGraw-Hill, New York, 1991.
-  F. S. Hillier, “Economic Models for Industrial Waiting Line Problems,” Management Science, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 119-130, 1963.
-  D. R. Anderson, D. J. Sweeney, and T. A. Williams, “An Introduction to Management Science: Quantitative Approaches to Decision Making (10th ed.),” Thomson South-Western, Ohio, 2003.
-  K. Itoh, S. Honiden, J. Sawamura, and K. Shida, “A Method for Diagnosis and Improvement on Bottleneck of Queuing Network by Qualitative and Quantitative Reasoning,” Journal of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 92-105, 1990 (in Japanese).
-  R. Jain, “The Art of Computer Systems Performance Analysis: Techniques for Experimental Design, Measurement, Simulation, and Modeling,” John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1991.
-  K. Deb, “Genetic Algorithms for Function Optimization,” F. Herra and J. L. Verdegay (Eds.), Genetic Algorithms and Soft Computing, Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1996.
-  E. K. Chong and S. H. Zak, “An Introduction to Optimization (2nd ed.),” John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2001.
-  K. Deb, “Optimization for engineering design: Algorithms and examples,” Prentice Hall, Delhi, 1995.
-  A. E. Smith and D. W. Coit, “Penalty Functions,” Handbook of Evolutionary Computation, T. Baeck, D. Fogel, and Z.Michalewicz (Eds.), A Joint Publication of Oxford University Press and Institute of Physics Publishing, Oxford, 1995.
-  R. L. Haupt and S. E. Haupt, “Practical Genetic Algorithms,” John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1991.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.