Neural Network Model for Word Sense Disambiguation Using Up/Down State and Morphoelectrotonic Transform
Norifumi Watanabe and Shun Ishizaki
Graduate School of Media and Governance, Keio University, 5233 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520, Japan
-  K. Kitano, “Two-State Membrane Potential Transitions of Striatal Spiny Neurons as Evidenced by Numerical Simulations and Electrophysiological Recordings in Awake Monkeys,” J. Neuroscience, Vol.22, RC230, pp. 1-6, 2002.
-  A. M. Zador, “The morphoelectrotonic transform: A Graphical Approach to Dendritic Function,” J. Neuroscience, Vol.15, pp. 1669-1682, 1995.
-  J. L. Elman, “Distributed representations, simple recurrent networks, and grammatical structure,” Machine Learning, Vol.7, pp. 195-225, 1991.
-  E. Agirre and G. Rigau, “Word sense disambiguation using conceptual density,” Proc. of 1996 International Conference on Computational Linguistics COLING96, pp. 16-22, 1996.
-  N. Takahashi, “Applying layered neural networks to Japanese lexical disambiguation – a context-based approach,” Proc. of SNLP ’95, Bangkok, 1995.
-  K. Shirai and T. Yagi, “Learning a Robust Word Sense Disambiguation Model using Hypernyms in Definition Sentences,” 20th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, pp. 917-923, 2004.
-  K. Shirai, “SENSEVAL-2 Japanese Dictionary Task,” Natural Language Processing, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 3-24, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  J. Okamoto and S. Ishizaki, “Associative concept dictionary construction and its comparison with electronic concept dictionaries,” Proc. of 2003 Pacific Association for Computational Linguistics Conference, pp. 1-7, 2003.
-  N. Masuda, H. Miwa, and N. Konno, “Geographical threshold graphs with small-world and scale-free properties,” Physical Review E, Vol.71, 036108, 2005.
-  J. N. Kerr and D. Plenz, “Dendritic calcium encodes striatal neuron output during Up-states,” J. Neuroscience, Vol.22, pp. 1499-1512, 2002.
-  N. Masuda and K. Aihara, “Global and local synchrony of coupled neurons in small-world networks,” Biol. Cybern., Vol.90, pp. 302-309, 2004.
-  D. J. Watts, “Small Worlds,” Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.