Generation of Interesting Story from Picture Information
Shigeru Kato* and Takehisa Onisawa**
*Yuge National College of Maritime Technology, 1000 Shimoyuge, Yuge, Kamijima-cho, Ochigun, Ehime 794-2593, Japan
**University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba 305-8573, Japan
This study aims at construction of the system which explains pictures contents considering interestingness. The input to the system is information on some pictures and the output is interesting linguistic expressions explaining pictures. This paper also shows the experimental results for the confirmation of the usefulness of the present system.
-  M. M. Faebood, E. Pasztor, and K. Jennings, “Hyperscore: A Graphical Sketchpad for Novice Composers,” Computer Graphics and Applications, the IEEE Computer Society, pp. 50-54, Jan./Feb., 2004.
-  K. Aoki and H. Takagi, “3-D CG Lighting with an Interactive GA,” 1st International Conference on Conventional and Knowledgebased Intelligent Electronic Systems, pp. 296-301, May, 1997.
-  J. Hoshino and Y. Hoshino, “Intelligent Story-board for Prototyping Animation,” IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, Conference CD-ROM FAI.03, 2001.
-  S. Bocconi, “VOX POPULI: Automatic Generation of Biased Video Sequences,” Proc. of Frist ACM Workshop on Story Representation, Mechanism and Context, pp. 9-16, 2004.
-  K. Kuriyama, T. Terano, and M. Numao, “Story Composition Support by IGA and CBR,” Proc. of the Third Asian Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 485-488, Korea, 1998.
-  M. Mates and P. Sengers, “Narrative Intelligence,” Proc. of AAAI Fall Symposium, AAAI Press, Technical Report FS-99-01, pp. 1-10, 1999.
-  R. Pérez y Pérez and M. Sharples, “Three Computer-Based Models of Storytelling: BRUTUS, MINSTREL and MEXICA,” Knowledge-Based Systems Journal, Vol.17, Issue 1, pp. 15-29, 2004.
-  S. Kato and T. Onisawa, “Generation of Story-like Linguistic Expressions from Pictures,” Proc. of SICE Annual Conference, Okayama, pp. 3681-3686, Aug., 2005.
-  M. Iwata and T. Onisawa, “Linguistic Expression Generation Model of Subjective Contents in a Picture,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 56-65, 1999.
-  M. Iwata, T. Onisawa, and S. Tano, “Creation of Explanatory Sentences for a Series of Pictures by Analyzing Their Relation,” Proc. of IECON2000, Nagoya, Tokyo, pp. 1900-1905, 2000.
-  S. Kato and T. Onisawa, “Generation of Consistent Linguistic Expressions of Pictures,” Journal of Japan Society for Fuzzy Theory and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 232-242, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  S. Kato and T. Onisawa, “Subjective Explanation of Pictures Considering Feelings of Objects in Pictures,” Proc. of ICCAS 2003, Gyeongju, Korea, Oct., 2003.