Access Control and Scalable Encryption Using a Stream Cipher for JPEG 2000 Encoded Images
Ayman Haggag*, Mohamed Ghoneim*, Jianming Lu**,
and Takashi Yahagi**
*Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
**Graduate School of Advanced Integration Science, Chiba University
-  Information Technology – JPEG 2000 Image Coding System, ISO/IEC International Standard 15444-1, ITU Recommendation T.8000, 2000.
-  D. Taubman and M. Marcellin, “JPEG 2000: Image Compression Fundamentals, Standards and Practice,” Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2002.
-  JPSEC Final Draft International Standard, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29 WG1 N3297, March 2005.
-  B. Zhu, M. D. Swanson, and S. Li, “Encryption and authentication for scalable multimedia: current state of the art and challenges,” Proceedings of SPIE, Vol.5601, pp. 157-170, 2001.
-  R. Grosbois, P. Gerbelot, and T. Ebrahimi, “Authentication and access control in the JPEG 2000 compressed domain,” SPIE, Vol.4472, pp. 95-104, 2001.
-  R. H. Deng, Y. Wu, and D. Ma, “Securing JPEG 2000 codestreams,” International Workshop on Advanced Developments in Software and Systems security, Dec. 2003.
-  Y. Wu, D. Ma, and R. H. Deng, “Progressive protection of JPEG 2000 codestreams,” IEEE International Conf. on Image Processing, pp. 3439-3442, Oct. 24-27, 2004.
-  Y. Wu and R. H. Deng, “Complient encryption of JPEG 2000 codestreams,” IEEE International Conf. on Image Processing, pp. 3447-3450, Oct. 24-27, 2004.
-  C. Serrao, A. Serra, P. Fonseca, and J. Dias, “A method of protecting and controlling access to JPEG2000 images,” Proceedings of SPIE, Vol.5203, pp. 272-286, 2003.
-  S. Wee and J. Apostolopoulos, “Secure Scalable Video Streaming for Wireless Networks,” In IEEE Proc. Int. Conf. on Acoustic, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSO), May 2001.
-  S. Wee and J. Apostolopoulos, “Secure Scalable Streaming Enabling Transcoding without Decryption,” In IEEE Proc. Int. Conf. on Image Processing (ICIP), Oct. 2001.
-  S. Wee and J. Apostolopoulos, “Secure Scalable Streaming and Secure Transcoding with JPEG 2000,” In IEEE Proc. Int. Conf. on Image Processing (ICIP), Sept. 2003.
-  S. Wee and J. Apostolopoulos, “Secure Transcoding with JPSEC Confidentiality and Authentication,” In IEEE Proc. Int. Conf. on Image Processing (ICIP), 2004.
-  A. Haggag, M. Ghoneim, J. Lu, and T. Yahagi, “Scalable Access Control for JPEG 2000 Encoded Images Using JPSEC Protection Tools,” SCIS&ISIS, pp. 804-808, Sept. 20-24, 2006.
-  P. Ekdahl and T. Johansson, “SNOW – a new stream cipher,” Proceedings of the first NESSIE Workshop, Heverlee, Belgium, 2000.
-  P. Ekdahl and T. Johansson, “A new version of the stream cipher SNOW,” Selected Areas in Cryptography, 9th Annual International Workshop, SAC, 2002.
-  Information Technology –Security Techniques– Encryption Algorithms– Part 4: Stream Ciphers, ISO/IEC International Standard 18033-4, 2005.
-  FIPS 180-2, Secure Hash Standard (SHS), August 2002.
-  JJ2000, An implementation of JPEG2000 in JAVATM,
available at http://jj2000.epfl.ch/ .
-  Kakadu, A fully compliant software toolkit for JPEG2000 developers,”
available at http://www.kakadusoftware.com/ .
-  SNOW 2.0, A fast implementation of SNOW 2.0,
available at http://www.it.lth.se/cryptology/snow/ .
-  SHA-256, A fast software implementation in C of the FIPS 180-2 hash algorithms,
available at http://www.ouah.org/ogay/sha2/ .
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.