A Novel Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System with Multi-Level Membership Function for Classification Applications
Cheng-Jian Lin*, Chi-Yung Lee**, and Cheng-Hung Chen*
*Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, Chaoyang University of Technology, Taichung, Taiwan 413, R.O.C.
**Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, Nankai Institute of Technology, Nantou, Taiwan 542, R.O.C.
-  P. O. Duda and P. E. Hart, “Pattern Classification and Scene Analysis,” New York: Wiley, 1973.
-  R. Setiono and H. Liu, “Neural-network feature selector,” IEEE Trans. Neural Network, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 654-662, 1997.
-  H. M. Lee, C. M. Chen, J. M. Chen, and Y. L. Jou, “An efficient fuzzy classifier with feature selection based on fuzzy entropy,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern., pt. B, Vol.31, pp. 426-432, 2001.
-  D. Nauck and R. Kruse, “A neuro-fuzzy method to learn fuzzy classification rules from data,” Fuzzy Sets and Syst., Vol.89, pp. 277-288, 1997.
-  J. S. Wang and C. S. George Lee, “Self-adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference systems for classification applications,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.10, No.6, pp. 790-802, 2002.
-  G. Purushothaman and N. B. Karayiannis, “Quantum neural networks (QNNs): inherently fuzzy feedforward neural networks,” IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 679-693, 1997.
-  R. Kretzschmar, R. Bueler, N. B. Karayiannis, and F. Eggimann, “Quantum neural networks versus conventional feedforward neural networks: an experimental study,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Signal Processing, Vol.1, pp. 328-337, 2000.
-  L. Fei, Z. Shengmei, and Z. Baoyu, “Quantum neural network in speech recognition,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Signal Processing, Vol.6, pp. 1267-1270, 2000.
-  M. Leshno, V. Y. Lin, A. Pinkus, and S. Schocken, “Multilayer feedforward networks with a nonpolynomial activation function can approximate any function,” Neural Networks, Vol.6, No.6, pp. 861-867, 1993.
-  P. K. Simpson, “Fuzzy min-max neural networks-Part I: Classification,” IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, Vol.3, pp. 776-786, Sept., 1992.
-  H. M. Lee, “A neural network classifier with disjunctive fuzzy information,” Neural Networks, Vol.11, No.6, pp. 1113-1125, 1998.
-  T. P. Wu and S. M. Chen, “A new method for constructing membership functions and fuzzy rules from training examples,” IEEE Trans. Syst. Man. Cybern., pt. B, Vol.29, pp. 25-40, Feb., 1999.
-  B. C. Lovel and A. P. Bradley, “The multiscale classifier,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Machine Intell., Vol.18, pp. 124-137, 1996.
-  C. J. Lin and Y. J. Xu, “A self-adaptive neural fuzzy network with group-based symbiotic evolution and its prediction applications,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.157, pp. 1036-1056, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.