FCM-Type Fuzzy Clustering of Mixed Databases Considering Nominal Variable Quantification
Katsuhiro Honda, Ryo Uesugi, and Hidetomo Ichihashi
Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, 1-1 Gakuen-cho, Nakaku, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
-  J. C. Bezdek, “Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms,” Plenum Press, 1981.
-  J. C. Bezdek, C. Coray, R. Gunderson, and J. Watson, “Detection and characterization of cluster substructure 2. fuzzy c-varieties and convex combinations thereof,” SIAM J. Appl. Math., Vol.40, No.2, pp. 358-372, 1981.
-  J. B. MacQueen, “Some methods of classification and analysis of multivariate observations,” Proc. 5th Berkeley Symposium on Math. Stat. and Prob., pp. 281-297, 1967.
-  Z. Huang, “Extensions to the k-means algorithm for clustering large data sets with categorical values,” Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 283-304, 1998.
-  O. M. San, V.-N. Huynh, and Y. Nakamori, “A clustering algorithm for mixed numeric and categorical data,” Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 562-571, 2003.
-  Z. Huang and M. K. Ng, “A fuzzy k-modes algorithm for clustering categorical data,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 446-452, 1999.
-  D.-W. Kim, K. H. Lee, and D. Lee, “Fuzzy clustering of categorical data using fuzzy centroids,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.25, pp. 1263-1271, 2004.
-  C. Hayashi, “On the prediction of phenomena from qualitative data and the quantification of qualitative data from the mathematical statistical point of view,” Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Vol.3, pp. 69-98, 1952.
-  A. Gifi, “Nonlinear Multivariate Analysis,” Wiley, 1990.
-  J. Bond and G. Michailidis, “Homogeneity analysis in Lisp-Stat,” Journal of Statistical Software, Vol.1, Issue 2, 1996.
-  P. Whittle, “On principal components and least square methods of factor analysis,” Skand. Akt., Vol.36, pp. 223-239, 1952.
-  F. W. Young, Y. Takane, and J. de Leeuw, “Principal components of mixed measurement level multivariate data: An alternating least squares method with optimal scaling features,” Psychometrika, Vol.43, pp. 279-281, 1978.
-  S. van Buuren and W. J. Heiser, “Clustering N objects into K groups under optimal scaling of variables,” Psychometrika, Vol.54, No.4, pp. 699-706, 1989.
-  K. Honda and H. Ichihashi, “Linear fuzzy clustering techniques with missing values and their application to local principal component analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 183-193, 2004.
-  K. Honda and H. Ichihashi, “Regularized linear fuzzy clustering and probabilistic pca mixture models,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 508-516, 2005.
-  R. N. Davé, “Characterization and detection of noise in clustering,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.12, No.11, pp. 657-664, 1991.
-  R. Krishnapuram and J. M. Keller, “A possibilistic approach to clustering,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.1, pp. 98-110, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.