Evaluation of Appropriate Body Placement and Notification Modality of a Wearable Clip-on Notifier Using an Experimental Platform
Vlaho Kostov*, Eiichi Naito**, Takashi Tajima**, and Jun Ozawa**
*Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (Panasonic), Corporate R&D, 1006 Kadoma, Kadoma-shi, Osaka 571-8501, Japan
**Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (Panasonic), Advanced Technology Research Laboratories, 3-4 Hikaridai, Seika-cho, Soraku-gun, Kyoto 619-0237, Japan
-  C. T. Chen and T. S. Wei, “An Information Push-delivery System Design for Personal Information Service on the Internet,” Information Processing and Management International Journal, Vol.39, No.6, Pergamon Press, pp. 873-888, 2003.
-  S. Kinoshita, T. Shiroshita, and T. Nagata, “The Real Push Network: A New Push-type Content Delivery System Using Reliable Multicasting,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol.44, No.4, pp. 1216-1224, 1998.
-  M. G. Underwood, P. P. Maglio, and R. Barrett, “User Centered Push for Timely Information Delivery,” In Proc. of the 7th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW7), Brisbane, Australia, pp. 33-41, 1998.
-  L. Barkhuus and A. Dey, “Is Context Aware Computing Taking Control Away From the User? Three levels of Interactivity Examined,” In Proc. of UbiComp 2003, pp. 149-156, 2003.
-  M. Weiser, “The Computer for the 21st Century,” Scientific American, Vol.265, No.3, pp. 66-75, 1991.
-  B. Schilit, N. Adams, and R. Want, “Context Aware Computing Applications,” In Proc. of the 1st Int. Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, pp. 85-90, 1994.
-  K. Cheverst, N. Davies, and K. Mitchell, “Investigating Contextaware Information Push vs. Information Pull to Tourists,” In Proc. of Mobile HCI 2001, IHM-HCI 2001, pp. 1-6, 2001.
-  T. Erickson, “Some Problems with the Notion of Context-aware Computing: Ask not for whom the cell phone tolls,” Communications of the ACM, Vol.45, No.2, pp. 102-104, 2002.
-  P. Tarasewich, C. S. Campbell, T. Xia, and M. Didels, “Evaluation of Visual Notification Cues for Ubiquitous Computing,” UbiComp 2003, LNSC 2864, pp. 349-366, 2003.
-  N. Kern and B. Schiele, “Context-Aware Notification for Wearable Computing,” In Proc. of ISWC’03, pp. 223-230, 2003.
-  R. W. Lindeman, J. L. Sibert, C. E. Lathan, and J. M. Vice, “The Design and Deployment of a Wearable Vibrotactile Feedback System,” In Proc. of ISWC’04, pp. 56-59, 2004.
-  K. Tsukada and M. Yasumura, “ActiveBelt: Belt-type Wearable Tactile Display for Directional Navigation,” In Proc. of UbiComp 2004, pp. 384-399, 2004.
-  V. Kostov, J. Ozawa, and S. Matsuura, “Analysis of Wearable Interface Factors for Appropriate Information Notification,” In Proc. of IEEE ISWC‘04, pp. 102-109, 2004.
-  R. Likert, “A Technique for the Measurement of Attitudes,” Archives of Psychology, No.140, p. 55, 1932.
-  J. Brooke, “SUS: A Quick and Dirty Usability Scale,” In P. W. Jordan, B. Thomas, B. A. Weerdmeester, and I. L. McClelland (Eds.), Usability Evaluation in Industry, pp. 189-194, London, UK, Taylor & Francis, 1996.
-  F. Gemperle, C. Kasabach, J. Stivoric, M. Bauer, and R. Martin, “Design for Wearability,” In Proc. of ISWC’98, Digest of Papers, pp. 116-122, 1998.
-  Y. Kishino et al., “Bloom Accessory: Accessories Using LEDs with Remote Control,” in Proc. of ISWC’04, pp. 180-181, 2004.
-  O. Amft, M. Lauffer, S. Ossevoort, F. Macaluso, P. Lukowicz, and G. Troester, “Design of the QBIC Wearable Computing Platform,” In Proc. of IEEE ASAP’04, pp. 398-410, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.