An Application of Binary Decision Trees to Pattern Recognition
Department of Intelligent Systems Design Engineering, Toyama Prefectural University, 5180 Kurokawa, Imizu, Toyama 939-0398, Japan
-  L. Breiman, J. H. Friedman, R. A. Olshen, and C. H. Stone, “Classification and Regression Trees,” Chapman & Hall, 1984.
-  Z. Pawlak, “Rough Sets –Theory and Applications–,” Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1991.
-  J. R. Quinlan, “C4.5 Programs for Machine Learning,” Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 1993.
-  U. M. Fayyad, “Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining,” MIT Press, 1996.
-  M. Kudo and M. Shimbo, “Optimal Subclasses with Dichotomous Variables for Feature Selection and Discrimination,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.19, No.5, pp. 1194-1199, 1989.
-  M. Kudo, Y. Torii, Y. Mori, and M. Shimbo, “Approximation of Class Regions by Quasi Convex Hulls,” Pattern Recognition Letter, Vol.19, pp. 777-786, 1998.
-  S. M. Weiss and C. A. Kulikowski, “Computer Systems That Learn – Classification and Prediction Methods from Statistics, Neural Nets, Machine Learning, and Expert Systems,” Morgan Kaufman Publishers, Inc., 1991.
-  N. Sun, M. Abe, and Y. Nemoto, “A Handwritten Character Recognition System by Using Improved Directional Element Feature and Subspace Method,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, DII, Vol.J78-D-II, No.6, pp. 922-930, 1995.
-  T. Nakajima, T. Wakabayashi, F. Kimura, and Y. Miyake, “Accuracy Improvement by Compound Discriminant Functions for Resembling Character Recognition,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, D-II, Vol.J83-D-II, No.2, pp. 623-633, 2000.
-  M. Suzuki, N. Kato, Y. Nemoto, and H. Ichimura, “A Discriminant Method of Similar Characters with Quadratic Compound Function,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, D-II, Vol.J84-D-II, No.8, pp. 1557-1565, 2001.
-  J. W. Grzymala-Busse, “LERS – A System for Learning From Examples Based on Rough Sets,” Handbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory, Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 3-18, 1992.
-  J. G. Bazan and M. Szczuka, “RSES and RSESlib – A Collection of Tools for Rough Set Computations,” Proc. of Rough Sets and Current Trends in Computing 2000, Lecture Note in Artificial Intelligence 2005, Springer-Verlag, pp. 106-113, 2001.
-  http://www.is.aist.go.jp/etlcdb/
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.