Fuzzy Based Brightness Compensation for High Dynamic Range Images
Annamária R. Várkonyi-Kóczy*, András Rövid*,
and Péter Várlaki**
*Dept. of Measurement and Information Systems, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Magyar tudósok körútja 2. H-1117 Budapest, Hungary
**Dept. of Mathematics, Széchenyi István University, Egyetem tér 1. 9026 Győr, Hungary
High dynamic range of illumination may cause serious distortions and other problems in viewing and further processing of digital images. In this paper a new fuzzy based tone reproduction pre-processing algorithm is introduced which may help in developing hardly or nonviewable features and content of the images making easier the further processing of it.
and Péter Várlaki, “Fuzzy Based Brightness Compensation for High Dynamic Range Images,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.10, No.4, pp. 549-554, 2006.
-  F. Russo, “Fuzzy Filtering of Noisy Sensor Data,” Proc. of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, Brussels, Belgium, pp. 1281-1285, June 4-6, 1996.
-  F. Russo, “Recent Advances in Fuzzy Techniques for Image Enhancement,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol.47, No.6, pp. 1428-1434, Dec., 1998.
-  E. H. Adelson, and A. P. Pentland, “The Perception of Shading and Reflectance,” D. Knill and W. Richards (eds.), Perception as Bayesian Inference, New York: Cambridge University Press, pp. 409-423, 1996.
-  E. H. Adelson, “Lightness perception and lightness illusions,” The Cognitive Neurosciences, 2nd ed., Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, pp. 339-351, 2000.
-  A. Gilchrist, C. Kossyfidis, F. Bonato, T. Agostini, J. Cataliotti, X. Li, B. Spehar, V. Annan, and E. Economou, “An anchoring theory of lightness perception,” Psychol. Rev., Vol.106, No.4, pp. 795-834, Oct., 1999.
-  M. E. Rudd, and I. K. Zemach, “The highest luminance anchoring rule in lightness perception,” Journal of Vision, Vol.3, No.9, 56a, 2003.
-  J. Theiler, and G. Gisler, “A contiguity-enhanced k-means clustering algorithm for unsupervised multispectral image segmentation,” Proc SPIE 3159, pp. 108-118, 1997.
-  G. Ward, “A contrast-based scalefactor for luminance display,” Graphics Gems IV, P. Heckbert, Ed. Academic Press, Boston, pp. 415-421, 1994.