Semantic Query Optimization: Correctness and Control
Pongtawat Chippimolchai*, Kiyoshi Akama**, and Vilas Wuwongse*
*Computer Science and Information Management Program, Asian Institute of Technology, Km. 42, Paholyothin Highway, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
**Division of Large-Scale Computational Systems Information Initiative Center, Hokkaido University, Kita 11 Nishi 5, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0811, Japan
-  K. Akama, Y. Kawaguchi, and E. Miyamoto, “Equivalent Transformation for Member Constriants on Term Domain,” Journal of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, 13(2), pp. 274-282, 1998.
-  K. Akama, Y. Shigeta, and E. Miyamoto, “Solving Problems by Equivalent Transformation of Logic Programs,” Journal of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, 12(2), pp. 266-275, 1997.
-  K. Akama, E. Nantajeewarawat, and H. Koike, “A Class of Rewriting Rules and Reverse transformation for Rule-Based Equivalent Transformation,” Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, 59(4), pp. 1-16, 2001.
-  K. Akama, E. Nantajeewarawat, and H. Koike, “Program Synthesis Based on the Equivalent Transformation Computation Model,” In Proc. 12th International Workshop on Logic Based Program Development and Transformation (LOPSTR 2002), pp. 285-304, Madrid, Spain, 2002.
-  U. S. Chakravarthy, J. Grant, and J. Minker, “Foundations of Semantic Query Optimization for Deductive Databases,” Foundations of Deductive Databases and Logic Programming, 1987.
-  U. S. Chakravarthy, J. Grant, and J. Minker, “Logic-Based Approach to Semantic Query Optimization,” ACM Transactions on Database Systems, 15, pp. 162-207, 1990.
-  P. Godfrey, J. Grant, J. Gryz, and J. Minker, “Integrity Constraints: Semantics and Applications,” In Logics for Databases and Information Systems, pp. 265-306, Kluwer, 1998.
-  J. W. Lloyd, “Foundations of Logic Programming,” Springer-Verlag, second, extended edition, 1987.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.