Dedicated Floorplanning Engine Architecture Based on Genetic Algorithm and Evaluation
Masaya Yoshikawa, and Hidekazu Terai
Department of VLSI System Design, Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Nojihigashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
-  J. Cong, Z. Pan, L. Hei, C. K. Koh, and K. Y. Khoo, “Interconnect design for deep submicron ICs,” Dig.Tech.Papers ICCAD, pp. 478-485, 1997.
-  K. Bazargan, S. Kim, and M. Sarrafzadeh, “A floorplanner of uncertaindesigns,” IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Vol.18, No.4, pp. 389-397, 1997.
-  S. M. Sait, and H. Youssef, “VLSI Physical Design Automation,” IEEE Press, 1995.
-  H. Murata, K. Fujiyoshi, S. Nakatake, and Y. Kajitani, “VLSI module placement based on rectangle-packing by the sequence-pair,” IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Vol.15, No.12, pp. 1518-1524, 1996.
-  K. Hatta, S. Wakabayashi, and T. Koide, “Solving the rectangular packing problem by an adaptive GA based on sequence pair,” Proc. Asia-South Pacific Design Automation Conference, pp. 181-184, 1999.
-  S. Nakaya, T. Koide, and S. Wakabayashi, “An adaptive genetic algorithm for VLSI floorplanning based on sequence-pair,” Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Vol.3, pp. 65-68, 2000.
-  J. Holland, “Adaptation in Natural Artificial Systems,” the University of Michigan Press (Second edition; MIT Press), 1992.
-  S. D. Scott, A. Samal, and S. Seth, “HGA: A Hardware-Based Genetic Algorithm,” Int. Symposium on Field-Programmable Gate Array, pp. 53-59, 1995.
-  P. Graham, and B. Nelson, “Genetic Algorithm in Software and in Hardware A performance Analysis of Workstation and custom Computing Machine Implementations,” FPGAs for Custom Computing Machines, pp. 216-225, 1996.
-  N. Yoshida, T. Moriki, and T. Yasuoka, “GAP: Genetic VLSI Processor for Genetic Algorithms,” Proc. Second Int7l ICSC Sym. On Soft Computing, pp. 341-345, 1997-9.
-  “GSRC: Gigascale System Research Center”
( http://www.gigascale.org )
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.