Adaptive Sliding Mode Fault-Tolerant Control for Uncertain Systems with Time Delay
Pu Yang*,, Zhangxi Liu*, Yuxia Wang**, and Dejie Li*
*College of Automation Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
29 Yudao Street, Nanjing, Jiangsu 211106, China
**Chinese Flight Test Establishment, Shanxi, China
In this work, an adaptive sliding mode fault-tolerant controller is proposed for a class of uncertain systems with time delay. The integral term is added to the traditional sliding surface to improve the robustness of the control system, and then a type of special sliding surface is designed to cancel the reaching mode based on global sliding mode method. Without the need for fault detection and isolation, an adaptive law is proposed to estimate the value of actuator faults, and an adaptive sliding mode fault-tolerant controller is designed to guarantee the asymptotic stability of sliding dynamics. Finally, the presented control scheme is applied to the position control of a Qball-X4 quad-rotor UAV model to verify the effectiveness.
-  S. Xu, G. Sun, and W. Sun, “Fault-Tolerant Finite Frequency H∞ Control for Uncertain Mechanical System with Input Delay and Constraint,” Asian J. of Control, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 765-780, 2017.
-  D. Wenjie, W. Dayi, and L. Chengrui, “Integral Sliding Mode Fault-Tolerant Control for Spacecraft With Uncertainties and Saturation,” Asian J. of Control, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 372-381, 2017.
-  L. Chen, X. Huang, and M. Liu, “Observer-Based Piecewise Fault-Tolerant Control for Discrete-Time Nonlinear Dynamic Systems,” Asian J. of Control, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 2051-2061, 2017.
-  Y. Wang et al., “Fault-tolerant finite time consensus for multiple uncertain nonlinear mechanical systems under single-way directed communication interactions and actuation failures,” Automatica, Vol.63, pp. 374-383, 2016.
-  D. Zhao, D. Li, and Y. Wang, “A novel boundary control solution for unstable heat conduction systems based on active disturbance rejection control,” Asian J. of Control, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 595-608, 2016.
-  X. Song, C. Liu, and S. Zhang, “Adaptive Active Fault Tolerant Control for Discrete-Time Systems with Uncertainties,” Asian J. of Control, Vol.18, No.4, pp. 1417-1426, 2016.
-  A. Nasiri et al., “Passive actuator fault tolerant control for a class of MIMO nonlinear systems with uncertainties,” Int. J. of Control, Vol.92, No.3, pp. 693-704, 2017.
-  L. Su and H. Shen, “Fault-tolerant mixed H∞/passive synchronization for delayed chaotic neural networks with sampled-data control,” Complexity, Vol.21, No.6, pp. 246-259, 2016.
-  Y. Li, S. Tong, and T. Li, “Hybrid fuzzy adaptive output feedback control design for uncertain MIMO nonlinear systems with time-varying delays and input saturation,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.24, No.4, pp. 841-853, 2016.
-  W. Chen and Z. Zhang, “Nonlinear adaptive learning control for unknown time-varying parameters and unknown time-varying delays,” Asian J. of Control, Vol.13, No.6, pp. 903-913, 2011.
-  L. Yao, H. Wang, and V. Cocquempot, “Adaptive Nonlinear Actuator Fault Diagnosis for Uncertain Nonlinear Systems with Time-Varying Delays,” Asian J. of Control, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 1057-1065, 2014.
-  S. Yin et al., “An adaptive NN-based approach for fault-tolerant control of nonlinear time-varying delay systems with unmodeled dynamics,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Vol.28, No.8, pp. 1902-1913, 2017.
-  M. Van, S. S. Ge, and H. Ren, “Finite time fault tolerant control for robot manipulators using time delay estimation and continuous nonsingular fast terminal sliding mode control,” IEEE Trans. on Cybernetics, Vol.47, No.7, pp. 1681-1693, 2017.
-  L.-B. Wu and G.-H. Yang, “Robust adaptive fault-tolerant control for a class of uncertain nonlinear systems with multiple time delays,” J. of Process Control, Vol.41, pp. 1-13, 2016.
-  J. Yao et al., “High-accuracy tracking control of hydraulic rotary actuators with modeling uncertainties,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 633-641, 2014.
-  D. X. Ba, K. K. Ahn, and N. T. Tai, “Adaptive Integral-Type Neural Sliding Mode Control for Pneumatic Muscle Actuator,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.8, No.6, pp. 888-895, 2014.
-  H. Zhong, J. Yu, and H. Ran, “Characteristic Model-Based Discrete Adaptive Sliding Mode Control for System with Time Delay,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.10, No.2, pp. 282-287, 2016.
-  L. Sun and Z. Zheng, “Finite-Time Sliding Mode Trajectory Tracking Control of Uncertain Mechanical Systems,” Asian J. of Control, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 399-404, 2017.
-  S. Mobayen, and F. Tchier, “A novel robust adaptive second-order sliding mode tracking control technique for uncertain dynamical systems with matched and unmatched disturbances,” Int. J. of Control, Automation and Systems, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 1097-1106, 2016.
-  D. P. Yu, G. S. Hong, and Y. S. Wong, “Integral Sliding Mode Control for Fast Tool Servo Diamond Turning of Micro-Structured Surfaces,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.5, No.1, pp. 4-10, 2011.
-  S. Mobayen, “Finite-time stabilization of a class of chaotic systems with matched and unmatched uncertainties: An LMI approach,” Complexity, Vol.21, No.5, pp. 14-19, 2016.
-  S. Shi et al., “Robust output-feedback finite-time regulator of systems with mismatched uncertainties bounded by positive functions,” IET Control Theory & Applications, Vol.11, No.17, pp. 3107-3114, 2017.
-  L. Wu, X. Su, and P. Shi, “Sliding mode control with bounded L2 gain performance of Markovian jump singular time-delay systems,” Automatica, Vol.48, No.8, pp. 1929-1933, 2012.
-  Y.-X. Li and G.-H. Yang, “Robust Adaptive Fault-Tolerant Control for a Class of Uncertain Nonlinear Time Delay Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, Vol.47, No.7, pp. 1554-1563, 2017.
-  X. Qi, C. Zhang, and J. Gu, “Robust fault-tolerant control for uncertain networked control systems with state-delay and random data packet dropout,” J. of Control Science and Engineering, Vol.2012, Article ID 734758, 2012.
-  P. Yang et al., “The Adaptive global robust sliding mode control for uncertain systems with time-varying delay,” Control and Decision, Vol.29, No.9, pp. 1688-1692, 2014 (in Chinese).
-  F. Zhao et al., “Integral sliding mode control of time-delay systems with mismatching uncertainties,” J. of Systems Engineering and Electronics, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 273-280, 2010.
-  L. Xie, “Output feedback H∞ control of systems with parameter uncertainty,” Int. J. of Control, Vol.63, No.4, pp. 741-750, 1996.
-  A. Chamseddine et al., “Flatness-based trajectory planning for a quadrotor unmanned aerial vehicle test-bed considering actuator and system constraints,” 2012 American Control Conf. (ACC), pp. 920-925, 2012.
-  F. Sharifi et al., “Fault tolerant control of a quadrotor UAV using sliding mode control,” 2010 Conf. on Control and Fault-Tolerant Systems (SysTol), pp. 239-244, 2010.
-  R. Guo, “Sliding mode predictive fault-tolerant control method for uncertain discrete systems with time delay,” Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2017.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.