Process Knowledge Integrated Assembly Sequence Planning for Control Panel
Atsuko Enomoto*,, Noriaki Yamamoto*, Yoshio Yamamura**, and Yoshio Sugawara**
*Research & Development Group, Hitachi, Ltd.
292 Yoshidacho, Totsuka-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 244-0817, Japan
**Insight Group, Control System Platform Division, Omika Works, Hitachi, Ltd., Hitachi, Japan
Completely automated assembly sequence planning for control panels is proposed. The proposed algorithm generates the manufacturing bill of material for the assembly processes and total assembly sequence. The algorithm integrates the knowledge of assembly process into a near optimum assembly sequence generation.
-  L. S. H. de Mello and A. C. Sanderson, “AND/OR graph representation of Assembly plans,” IEEE Trans. Robotics Automat., Vol.6, No.2, pp. 188-199, 1990.
-  L. S. H. de Mello and A. C. Sanderson, “A Correct and Complete Algorithm for the Generation of Mechanical Assembly Sequences,” IEEE Trans. of Robotics and Automation, Vol.7, Issue 2, pp. 228-240, 1991.
-  T. de Fazio and D. Whitney, “Simplified Generation of All Mechanical Assembly Sequence,” IEEE J. of Robotics and Automation, Vol.3, Issue 6, 1987.
-  V. N. Rajan and S. Y. Nof, “Minimal Precedence Constraints for Integrated Assembly and Execution Planning,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, Issue 2, pp. 175-186, 1996.
-  T. Kanehara, T. Suzuki, A. Inaba, and S. Okuma, “On algebraic and graph structural properties of assembly Petri net,” Proc. 1993 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robotics and Systems, Yokohama, Japan, pp. 2286-2293, 1993.
-  A. J. D. Lambert, “Linear programming in disassembly/clustering sequence generation,” Computer & Industrial Engineering, Vol.36, pp. 723-738, 1999.
-  A. J. D. Lambert, “Automatic determination of transition matrices in optimal disassembly sequence generation,” Proc. 4th 2001 IEEE Int. Symp. on Assembly and Task Planning, Fukuoka, Japan, pp. 220-225, 2001.
-  A. J. D. Lambert, “Determining optimum disassembly sequence in electronic equipment,” Computer & Industrial Engineering, Vol.43, pp. 553-575, 2002.
-  A. Schrijver, “Combinatorial Optimization: Polyhedra And Efficiency,” Springer, 2003.
-  Y. Wang and D. Tian, “A weighted assembly precedence graph for assembly sequence planning,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol.83, pp. 99-115, 2016.
-  C. Sinanoglu, “Design of an artificial neural network for assembly sequence planning system,” Int. J. of Industrial. Eng., Vol.15, No.1, pp. 92-103, 2008.
-  Y. Wang and J. H. Liu, “Chaotic particle swarm optimization for assembly sequence planning,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, Vol.26, Issue 2, pp. 212-222, 2010.
-  Q. Guan, J. H. Liu, and Y. F. Zhong, “A concurrent hierarchical evolution approach to assembly process planning,” Int. J. of Production Research, Vol.40, Issue 14, pp. 3357-3374, 2002.
-  D. Agrawal, P. T. Nallamothu, S. R. Mandala, S. Kumara, and D. A. Finke, “Automated disassembly sequence planning and optimization,” Proc. of the 2013 Industrial and System Engineering Research Conf., pp. 122-131, 2013.
-  C. Zeng, T. Gu, L. Chang, and F. Li, “A novel multi-agent evolutionary algorithm for assembly sequence planning,” J. of Software, Vol.8, No.6, pp. 1518-1525, 2013.
-  A. T. Mathew and C. S. Rao, “Implementation of genetic algorithm to optimize the assembly sequence plan based on penalty function,” ARPN J. of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 453-456, 2014.
-  X. Niu, H. Ding, and Y. Xiong, “A hierarchical approach to generating precedence graphs for assembly planning,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.43, Issue 14, pp. 1473-1486, 2003.
-  T. Murayama, B. Takemura, and F. Oba, “Assembly Sequence Planning Using Inductive Learning,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.11, No.4, pp. 315-320, 1999.
-  A. Enomoto, Y. Aoyama, Y. Yamauchi, and N. Yamamoto, “Near optimal assembly sequence generation,” Proc. of Int. Symp. on System and Integration, Sapporo, Japan, pp. 95-101, 2016.
-  A. Enomoto, N. Yamamoto, Y. Yamamura, and Y. Sugawara, “Assembly sequence planning for control panel with flexible wiring components,” 17th Int. Conf. on Precision Engineering (ICPE2018), A-1-1, 2018.
-  D. B. Johnson, “A Note on Dijkstra’s Shortest Path Algorithm,” J. of the ACM (JACM), Vol.20, Issue 3, pp. 385-388, 1973.
-  https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/algorithm/sort [Accessed December 17, 2019]