Influencing Factors on Rotate Vector Reducer Dynamic Transmission Error
Shou-Song Jin, Xiao-Tao Tong, and Ya-Liang Wang
College of Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University of Technology
No.288 Liuhe Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310023, China
The factors influencing rotate vector (RV) reducer dynamic transmission error were studied using virtual prototyping technology, which contained the elastic deformation, working load, part manufacturing error, and assembly clearance. According to the error transmission relationship of the RV reducer, 15 influencing factors were selected to design an orthogonal simulation test. The virtual prototype of the RV reducer was built using CREO and ANSYS, and imported into ADAMS for multi-body dynamics simulation. The simulation method reliability was verified via experiments. The results show that the circle center radius error of the pin gear, the amount of equidistant modification of the cycloid gear, the amount of radial-moving modification of the cycloid gear, the clearance between the support bushing and planet carrier, and the clearance between the crankshaft and the support bushing were positively correlated with the RV reducer dynamic transmission error. Among these, the circle center radius error of the pin gear has the greatest influence on the dynamic transmission error of the RV reducer followed by the amount of equidistant modification of the cycloid gear. The elastic deformation of the part and the load fluctuation show a certain gain effect on the transmission error, the elastic deformation of the cycloid gear has a great influence, and the elastic deformation of the pin gear has the least.
-  J. G. Blanche and D. C. H. Yang, “Cycloid Drives with Machining Tolerances,” J. of Mechanisms Transmissions and Automation in Design, Vol.111, No.3, pp. 337-344, 1989.
-  D. C. H. Yang and J. G. Blanche, “Design and application guidelines for cycloid drives with machining tolerances,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol.25, No.5, pp. 487-501, 1990.
-  T. Hidaka, H. Y. Wang, T. Ishida, K. Matsumoto, and M. Hashimoto, “Rotational transmission error of K-H-V planetary gears with cycloid gear: first report, analytical method of the rotational transmission error,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, Vol.60, No.570, pp. 645-653, 1994.
-  T. Ishida, H. Y. Wang, T. Hidaka, and M. Hashimoto, “Rotational transmission error of k-h-v-type planetary gears with cycloid gears: second report, effects of manufacturing and assembly errors on rotational transmission error,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, Vol.60, No.578, pp. 3510-3517, 1994.
-  L. S. Han, Y. W. Shen, and H. J. Dong, “Research on Dynamic Transmission Error for 2K-V-type Drive based on Non-linear Dynamics,” China Mechanical Engineering, Vol.18, No.9, pp. 1039-1042, 2007.
-  W. D. He and L. J. Shan, “Research and Analysis on Transmission Error of RV Reducer Used in Robot,” Recent Advances in Mechanism Design for Robotics, pp. 231-238, 2015.
-  Z. J. Meng, L. Z. Jiang, and X. J. He, “Transmission Error Analysis of RV Reducer,” J. of Residuals Science & Technology, Vol.13, No.8, pp. 333.1-333.6, 2016.
-  L. J. Shan, Y. T. Liu, and W. D. He, “Analysis of Nonlinear Dynamic Accuracy on RV Transmission System,” Advanced Materials Research, Vol.510, pp. 529-535, 2012.
-  Y. G. Sun, X. F. Zhao, and F. Jiang, “Backlash analysis of RV Reducer based on Error Factor Sensitivity and Monte-Carlo Simulation,” Int. J. of Hybrid Information Technology, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 283-292, 2014.
-  H. M. Zhao, M. Wang, and L. L. Zhang, “Static Backlash Analysis and Study on Error Distribution of RV Reducer,” J. of Tianjin University (Science and Technology), Vol.49, No.2, pp. 164-170, 2016.
-  L. S. Han and F. Guo, “Global Sensitivity Analysis of Transmission Accuracy for RV-type Cycloid-pin Drive,” J. of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol.30, No.3, pp. 1225-1231, 2016.
-  C. N. Li, J. Y. Liu, and T. Sun, “Study on Transmission Precision of Cycloid Pin Gear in 2K-V Planetary Drives,” J. of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.37, No.4, pp. 61-65, 2001.
-  X. Y. Chu, H. H. Xu, and X. M. Wu, “The method of selective assembly for the RV reducer based on genetic algorithm,” ARCHIVE Proc. of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part C, J. of Mechanical Engineering Science, Vol.232, pp. 921-929, 2018.
-  Y. H. Li, Q. Zang, and W. Li, “Robust Design of Decreasing RV Reducer’s Transmission Error,” Science Research Management, Vol.28, No.3, pp. 142-147, 2013.
-  X. H. Wu and W. D. He, “Transmission Accuracy test and Virtual Prototype Simulation of the RV Reducer used in the Robot,” J. of Machine Design, Vol.7, pp. 73-77, 2017.
-  H. M. Liu, X. P. Qin, and J. J. Huang, “Simulation of Virtual Prototype and Research of Transmission Accuracy for RV Reducer,” J. of Mechanical Transmission, Vol.40, No.5, pp. 55-60, 2016.
-  B. Zhu, “Simulation and Analysis for Dynamical Transmission Precision of 2K-V Cycloid Pin Gear Reducer based on Multi-body System Dynamics,” Chongqing University, 2015.
-  H. Li, H. H. Xu, and K. Wu, “Analysis of Transmission Error of RV Reducer based on Orthogonal Experiment,” J. of Mechanical Transmission, Vol.41, No.2, pp. 71-76, 2017.
-  H. Tanaka and M. Kitamura, “Machinability of Thermo-Plastic Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic in Inclined Planetary Motion Milling,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.12, No.5, pp. 750-759, 2018.
-  Y. Wu, W. Yang, M. Fujimoto, and L. Zhou, “Mirror Surface Finishing of Silicon Wafer Edge Using Ultrasonic Assisted Fixed-Abrasive CMP (UF-CMP),” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.7, No.6, pp. 663-670, 2013.
-  Z. Zhang, G. R. Zhang, and H. W. Zhang, “The Calculation of Practical Handbook of Gear Design,” Machinery Industry Press, pp. 941-945, 2010.