Development of Japan’s Photovoltaic Deployment Scenarios in 2030
Yusuke Kishita† and Yasushi Umeda
Department of Precision Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
-  United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), 2016. http://unfccc.int/2860.php [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  Y. Oda, M. Fujishima, and Y. Takeuchi, “Energy-Saving Machining of Multi-Functional Machine Tools,” Int. J. of Automation Technol., Vol.9, pp. 135-142, 2015.
-  Y. Umeda, “Special Issue on Design and Manufacturing for Environmental Sustainability,” Int. J. of Automation Technol., Vol.8, p. 625, 2014.
-  M. Matsumoto, N. Mishima, and S. Kondoh, “Tele-Inverse Manufacturing – An International E-Waste Recycling Proposal,” Int. J. of Automation Technol., Vol.3, pp. 11-18, 2009.
-  Y. Kishita, E. Kunii, S. Fukushige, Y. Umeda, and J. Fujimoto, “Scenario Analysis of Global Resource Circulation with Traceability Index Targeting Sustainable Manufacturing,” Int. J. of Automation Technol., Vol.3, pp. 3-10, 2009.
-  Y. Mizuno, Y. Kishita, S. Fukushige, and Y. Umeda, “Envisioning Sustainable Manufacturing Industries of Japan,” Int. J. of Automation Technol., Vol.8, pp. 634-643, 2014.
-  K. van der Heijden, “Scenarios: The Art of Strategic Conversation,” John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 1996.
-  Foresight Horizon Scanning Centre, “Scenario Planning: Guidance Note,” The Government Office for Science, 2009.
-  Y. Kishita, K. Hara, M. Uwasu, and Y. Umeda, “Research Needs and Challenges Faced in Supporting Scenario Design in Sustainability Science: A Literature Review,” Sustainability Science, Vol.11, pp. 331-347, 2016.
-  Statista, Global Cumulative Installed Solar PV Capacity from 2000 to 2015, 2016, http://www.statista.com/statistics/280220/global-cumulative-installed-solar-pv-capacity/ [Accessed December 12, 2016]
-  T. D. Conture, K. Cory, C. Kreycik, and E. Williams, “A Policymaker’s Guide to Feed-in Tariff Policy Design,” National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), NREL/TP-6A2-44849, 2010.
-  European Photovoltaic Industry Association, “Global Market Outlook for Photovoltaics 2013-2017,” 2013.
-  International Energy Agency (IEA), “Trends 2016 in Photovoltaic Applications: Survey Report of Selected IEA Countries between 1992 and 2005,” Report IEA PVPS T1-30, IEA PVPS Programme, 2016.
-  W. Cole, H. Lewis, B. Sigrin, and R. Margolis, “Interactions of Rooftop PV Deployment with the Capacity Expansion of the Bulk Power System,” Applied Energy, Vol.168, pp. 473-481, 2016.
-  Energy Information Administration (EIA), “Model Documentation Report: Residential Sector Demand Module of the National Energy Modeling System,” U.S. Department of Energy, 2013.
-  National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), “Renewable Electricity Futures Study,” NREL, 2012.
-  P. Zhai and E.D. Williams, “Analyzing Consumer Acceptance of Photovoltaics (PV) Using Fuzzy Logic Model,” Renewable Energy, Vol.41, pp. 350-357, 2012.
-  Y. Shimoda, Y. Yamaguchi, T. Okamura, A. Taniguchi, and Y. Yamaguchi, “Prediction of Green-house Gas Reduction Potential in Japanese Residential Sector by Residential Energy End-Use Model,” Applied Energy, Vol.87, pp. 1944-1952, 2010.
-  E. L. Ratnam, S. R. Weller, and C. M. Kellett, “Scheduling Residential Battery Storage with Solar PV: Assessing the Benefits of Net Metering,” Applied Energy, Vol.155, pp. 881-891, 2015.
-  G. Lorenzi and C. A. S. Silva, “Comparing Demand Response and Battery Storage to Optimize Self-consumption in PV Systems,” Applied Energy, Vol.180, pp. 524-535, 2016.
-  H. Tsuchiya, “Electricity Supply Largely from Solar and Wind Resources in Japan,” Renewable Energy, Vol.48, pp. 318-325, 2012.
-  Y. Nomaguchi, K. Kawakami, K. Fujita, Y. Kishita, K. Hara, and M. Uwasu, “Robust Design of System of Systems Using Uncertainty Assessment Based on Lattice Point Approach: Case Study of Distributed Generation System Design in a Japanese Dormitory Town,” Int. J. of Automation Technol., Vol.10, pp. 678-689, 2016.
-  H. Wada, Y. Kishita, Y. Mizuno, M. Hirosaki, S. Fukushige, and Y. Umeda, “Proposal of a Design Support Method for Sustainability Scenarios – 1st Report: Designing Forecasting Scenarios,” Proc. of the 18th CIRP Int. Conf. on Life Cycle Engineering 2011, pp. 189-194, 2011.
-  Y. Kishita, Y. Ohishi, M. Uwasu, M. Kuroda, H. Takeda, and K. Hara, “Evaluating the Life Cycle CO2 Emissions and Costs of Thermoelectric Generators for Passenger Automobiles: A Scenario Analysis,” J. of Cleaner Production, Vol.126, pp. 607-619, 2016.
-  Japan Photovoltaic Energy Association (JPEA), PV Shipment Statistics, 2017. http://www.jpea.gr.jp/en/statistic/index.html [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  M. Matsumoto, S. Kondoh, J. Fujimoto, and K. Masui, “A Modeling Framework for the Diffusion of Green Technologies,” M. H. Sherif and T. M. Khalil (Eds.), Management of Technology Innovation and Value Creation, World Scientific Publishing Company, pp. 121-136, 2008.
-  V. R. Rao, “Applied Conjoint Analysis,” Springer, 2014.
-  F. M. Bass, “A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables,” Management Science, Vol.15, pp. 215-227, 1969.
-  S. Radas, “Diffusion Models in Marketing: How to Incorporate the Effect of External Influence?,” Economic Trends and Economic Policy, Vol.15, pp. 30-51, 2005.
-  S. H. Madaeni, R. Sioshansi, and P. Denholm, “Comparison of Capacity Value Methods for Photovoltaics in the Western United States,” NREL/TP-6A20-54704, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2012. http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy12osti/54704.pdf [Accessed April 30, 2017]
-  Y. Kishita, Y. Mizuno, S. Fukushige, Y. Umeda, Y. Yamaguchi, T. Ikegami, Y. Iwafune, K. Ogimoto, and Y. Shimoda, “Describing Electricity Demand Scenarios Focusing on the Diffusion of Low-carbon Technologies in 2030,” Proc. of EcoDesign 2015: 9th Int. Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing, pp. 899-905, 2015.
-  K. Ogimoto, K. Kataoka, T. Ikegami, Y. Udagawa, and M. Akai, “Study of Best Mix of Long-term Power Demand and Supply (2),” Proc. of the 29th Energy Systems, Economy and Environment Conf., 1-1, 2013 (in Japanese).
-  New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), Photovoltaics Roadmap (PV2030+), 2009 (in Japanese). http://www.nedo.go.jp/content/100080327.pdf [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), Photovoltaics Development Strategy (NEDO PV Challenges), 2014 (in Japanese). http://www.nedo.go.jp/content/100573590.pdf [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), Rate Calculation, 2015 (in Japanese). http://www.tepco.co.jp/index-j.html [Accessed March 20, 2015]
-  Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Statistics Bureau, Housing and Land Survey (FY 2008), 2008 (in Japanese). http://www.stat.go.jp/data/jyutaku/2008/index.htm [Accessed February 1, 2017]
-  Japan Photovoltaic Energy Association (JPEA), PV Installation Capacity Data for Households, 2015 (in Japanese). http://www.jpea.gr.jp/en/statistic/index.html [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan (METI), 2015. Settlement of FY2014 Purchase Prices for Newcomers and FY2014 Surcharge Rates under the Feed-in Tariff Scheme for Renewable Energy (in Japanese). http://www.meti.go.jp/english/press/2014/0325_03.html [Accessed March 20, 2015]
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Survey of Land Ownership and Usage by Corporations (FY 2008), 2008 (in Japanese). http://tochi.mlit.go.jp/shoyuu-riyou/kihon-chousa [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  Ministry of Environment (MOE), Study of Potential for the Introduction of Renewable Energy (FY 2010), 2011 (in Japanese). https://www.env.go.jp/earth/report/h23-03/ [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  Japan Meteorological Agency, Meteorological Statistics, 2013 (in Japanese). http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/menu/report.html [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Energy Balance Table (FY 2015), 2015 (in Japanese), http://www.enecho.meti.go.jp/statistics/total_energy/ [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Long-term Energy Supply-demand Outlook, 2009.
-  Japan Photovoltaic Energy Association (JPEA), JPEA PV Outlook 2030, 2012 (in Japanese). http://www.jpea.gr.jp/pdf/t120925.pdf [Accessed January 27, 2017]
-  E. G. Hertwich, T. Gibon, E. A. Bouman, A. Arvesen, S. Suh, G. A. Heath, J. D. Bergesen, A. Ramirez, M. I. Vega, and L. Shi, “Integrated Life-cycle Assessment of Electricity-supply Scenarios Confirms Global Environmental Benefit of Low-carbon Technologies,” Proc. of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol.112, pp. 6277-6282, 2015.
-  L. C. Salisbury and F. M. Feinberg,“Future Preference Uncertainty and Diversification: The Role of Temporal Stochastic Inflation,” J. of Consumer Research, Vol.35, pp. 349-359, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.