Development of a Haptic Device with Wire-Driven Parallel Structure
Carlo Ferraresi†, Carlo De Benedictis, and Francesco Pescarmona
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Politecnico di Torino
Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, Torino 10129, Italy
-  P. Batsomboon, S. Tosunoglu, and D. W. Repperger, “A survey of telesensation and teleoperation technology with virtual reality and force reflection capabilities,” Int. J. Model Simul., Vol.20, No.1, pp. 79-88, 2000.
-  W. Conklin and S. Tosunoglu, “Conceptual design of a universal bilateral manual controller,” Proc. of 1996 Florida Conf. on Recent Advances in Robotics, pp. 187-191, 1996.
-  D. A. McAffee and P. Fiorini, “Hand controller design requirements and performance issues in telerobotics,” Proc. of Advanced Robotics, 1991; Proc. of Robots in Unstructured Environments, 91 ICAR, pp. 186-192, 1991.
-  J. S. Albus, R. V. Bostelman, and N. G. Dagalakis, “The NIST ROBOCRANE,” J. Robot Syst., Vol.10, pp. 709-724, 1993.
-  S. Havlik, “Cable robotic manipulators,” 8th Workshop of Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region (RAAD ’99), pp. 303-308, 1999.
-  S. Kawamura and K. Ito, “A new type of master robot for teleoperation using a radial wire mechanism,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 55-60, 1993.
-  A. Pott and T. Bruckmann, “Cable-Driven Parallel Robots,” Proc. of the Second Int. Conf. on Cable-Driven Parallel Robots, Mechanisms and Machine Science, Vol.32, 2015.
-  S. Kawamura, W. Choe, S. Tanaka, and S. R. Pandian, “Development of an ultrahigh speed robot FALCON using wire drive system,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 215-220, 1995.
-  E. E. Hernández-Martinez, M. Ceccarelli, G. Carbone, C. S. López-Cajún, and J. C. Jáuregui-Correa, “Characterization of a cable-based parallel mechanism for measurement purposes,” Mech. Based Des. Struc., Vol.38, No.1, pp. 25-49, 2010.
-  V. D. Nguyen, “Constructing force-closure grasps in 3D,” Proc. of the 1987 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 240-245, 1987.
-  C. Gosselin and S. Bouchard, “A gravity powered mechanism for extending the workspace of a cable-driven parallel mechanism: application to the appearance modelling of objects,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 372-379, 2010.
-  C. A. Coello Coello, G. B. Lamont, and D. A. Van Veldhuizen, “Evolutionary Algorithms for Solving Multi-Objective Problems,” Second Edition, Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Series, 2007.
-  R. T. Marler and J. S. Arora, “Survey of multi-objective optimization methods for engineering,” Struct Muldiscip O, Vol.26, No.6, pp. 369-395, 2004.
-  G. Carbone, M. Ceccarelli, P. J. Oliveira, and S. F. P. Saramago, “An optimum path planning for Cassino Parallel Manipulator by using inverse dynamics,” Robotica, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 229-239, 2008.
-  J. Arata and H. Fujimoto, “Redundant parallel mechanism for haptic applications,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 338-345, 2010.
-  C. Ferraresi, S. Pastorelli, and F. Pescarmona, “Workspace analysis and design criteria of 6 d.o.f. wire parallel structures,” Proc. of 10th Int. Workshop on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region RAAD ’01, 2001.
-  C. Ferraresi, M. Paoloni, S. Pastorelli, and F. Pescarmona, “A new 6-DOF parallel robotic structure actuated by wires: The WiRo-6.3,” J. Robot Syst., Vol.21, No.11, pp. 581-595, 2004.
-  C. Ferraresi, M. Paoloni, and F. Pescarmona, “A new methodology for the determination of the workspace of six-DOF redundant parallel structures actuated by nine wires,” Robotica, Vol.25, No.1, pp. 113-120, 2007.
-  C. M. Gosselin, “Dexterity indices for planar and spatial robotic manipulators,” Proc., IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp. 650-655, 1990.
-  C. C. Gosselin and J. J. Angeles, “A Global Performance Index for the Kinematic Optimization of Robotic Manipulators,” ASME J. Mech. Des., Vol.113, No.3, pp. 220-226, 1991.
-  G. Carbone and M. Ceccarelli, “Comparison of indices for stiffness performance evaluation,” Front Mech. Eng., Vol.5, No.3, pp. 270-278, 2010.
-  A. Gupta, M. K. O’Malley, V. Patoglu, and C. Burgar, “Design, control and performance of RiceWrist: A force feedback wrist exoskeleton for rehabilitation and training,” Int. J. Robot Res., Vol.27, No.2, pp. 233-251, 2008.
-  C. Ferraresi, M. Carello, F. Pescarmona, and R. Grassi, “Wire-driven pneumatic actuation of a new 6-dof haptic master,” Proc. of ESDA2006 8th Biennial ASME Conf. on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, 2006.
-  L. F. E. Hoppe, “Performance improvement of Dyneema® in ropes,” Proc. of OCEANS ’97 MTS/IEEE Conf., pp. 314-318, 1997.
-  M. Takaiwa and T. Noritsugu, “Positioning control of pneumatic parallel manipulator,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 49-55, 2008.
-  T. Kosaki, Y. Morinaga, and M. Sano, “Prototype development of a parallel link robot actuate by pneumatic linear drives with variable inclination mechanism,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 169-176, 2014.
-  G. Belforte, A. Manuello Bertetto, and L. Mazza, “Test rig for friction force measurements in pneumatic components and seals,” Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. J., Vol.227, No.1, pp. 43-59, 2013.
-  C. Ferraresi, A. Manuello Bertetto, and H. R. Ziarati Niasar, “Development of an electropneumatic device for remotely sensed manipulation,” UK Mechatronics Forum Int. Conf., pp. 811-816, 1998.
-  C. Ferraresi, M. Carello, F. Pescarmona, and R. Grassi, “Pneumatic actuation of a 6-DOF haptic device,” The Ninth Scandinavian Int. Conf. on Fluid Power, SICFP’05, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.