Development of Tool Collision Avoidance Method Adapted to Uncut Workpiece Shape
Kento Watanabe*,†, Jun’ichi Kaneko**, and Kenichiro Horio**
*Division of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University
255 Shimo-Ohkubo, Sakura-Ku, Saitama City, Saitama 338-8570, Japan
**Saitama University, Saitama, Japan
-  X. Zhao, D. Ge, and M. Tsutsumi, “Study on CAM System for 5-Axis Controlled Machining Center – Efficient Collision Check and Collision Avoidance –,” J. of the Japan Soc. for Precision Eng., Vol.61, No.12, pp. 1745-1749, 1995 (in Japanese).
-  K. Morishige, K. Kase, and Y. Takeuchi, “The Method of Collision Avoidance for 5-Axis Control Machining Using 2-Dimensional Configuration Space,” J. of the Japan Soc. for Precision Eng., Vol.62, No.1, pp. 80-84, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  K. Konishi, Y. Fukuda, and K. Iwata, “Study on a Method of Collision Check and Collision Avoidance for 5-Axis Control Machining,” J. of the Japan Soc. for Precision Eng., Vol.63, No.9, pp. 1258-1262, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  K. Morishige and H. Wakayama, “Optimum Tool Path Generation for 5-Axis Control Machining Considering Change in Tool Attitude for whole of Machining Surface,” J. of the Japan Soc. for Precision Eng., Vol.72, No.5, pp. 652-656, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  J. Kaneko and K. Horio, “Fast Determination Method of Tool Posture for 5-Axis Control Machining Using Graphics Hardware – Estimation of machinable posture on 2D C-Space based on intersection between offset surface and lines of view –,” J. of the Japan Soc. for Precision Eng., Vol.72, No.8, pp. 1012-1017, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  T. Umehara, T. Ishida, K. Teramoto, and Y. Takeuchi, “Effective Tool Pass Generation Method for Roughing in Multi-axis Control Machining,” Trans. of the JSME, Series C, Vol.73, No.732, pp. 213-219, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  T. Kanda and K. Morishige, “Tool Path Generation for Five-Axis Controlled Machining with Consideration of Tool and Structure Interference,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.6, pp. 710-716, 2012.
-  J. Kaneko, Y. Yamauchi, and K. Horio, “Fast Estimation Method of Machinable Area of Workpiece Surface for 3+2-Axis Control Machining Using Graphics Device – Visualization Algorithm of Machinable Area and Minimum Shank Length with Texture Projection Technique-,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 420-427, 2014.
-  R. Sato, Y. Sato, K. Shirase, G. Campatelli, and A. Scippa, “Finished Surface Simulation Method to Predicting the Effects of Machine Tool Motion Errors,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.6, pp. 801-810, 2014.
-  T. Kishinami, S. Kanai, H. Shinjyo, H. Nakahara, and K. Saito, “An Application of Voxel Representation to Machining Simulator,” J. of the Japan Soc. for Precision Eng., Vol.55, No.1, pp. 105-110, 1989 (in Japanese).
-  T. Nakamura, K. Funamashi, H. Fujimoto, F. Yamazaki, and I. Hasegawa, “Tool Offset Calculation by Crosscorrelation Function and Machining Test for Relief Map,” J. of the Japan Soc. for Precision Eng., Vol.59, No.11, pp. 59-64, 1993 (in Japanese).
-  K. Nakamoto, T. Kouno, T. Koyama, T, Sakaguchi, and K. Shirase, “Development of Virtual Machining Simulator by Using Voxel Model,” J. of the Japan Soc. for Precision Eng., Vol.74, No.12, pp. 1308-1312, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  T. Kobayashi, T. Hirooka, A. Hakotani, R. Sato, and K. Shirase, “Tool Motion Control Referring to Voxel Information of Removal Volume Voxel Model to Achieve Autonomous Milling Operation,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.6, pp. 792-800, 2014.
-  Y. Tsuchitana, J. Kaneko, and K. Horio, “Fast Simulation Algorithm of Voxel Representation Method for Multi Axis Control Machining – Geometric Representation and Collision Detection Considering the Architecture of Graphic Hardware –,” J. of the Japan Soc. for Precision Eng., Vol.79, No.5, pp. 467-472, 2013 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.