Study on Machining Vibration Suppression with Multiple Tuned Mass Dampers: Vibration Control for Long Fin Machining
Ippei Kono*1,†, Takayuki Miyamoto*2, Koji Utsumi*1, Kenji Nishikawa*1, Hideaki Onozuka*3, Junichi Hirai*4, and Naohiko Sugita*5
292 Yoshida-cho, Totsuka-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
*2Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd., Ibaraki, Japan
*3Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd., Kanagawa, Japan
*4Hitachi, Ltd., Ibaraki, Japan
*5The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
-  H. Sato, “On Machine Tool Vibration,” Monthly J. of the Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Vol.24, No.8, pp. 349-357, 1972.
-  Y. Kondo et al., “Behaviour of the Self-Excited Vibration Considering Multiple Regenerative Effect,” Trans. JSME C, Vol.46, No.409, pp. 1024-1032, 1980.
-  S. A. Tobias, et al., “The chatter of the lathe tool orthogonal cutting condition,” Trans. ASME J. Eng. Ind., Vol.80, No.5, pp. 1079-1088, 1958.
-  J. Tlusty, “Dynamics of High-Speed Milling,” Trans. ASME J. Eng. Ind., Vol.108, No.2, pp. 59-67, 1986.
-  Y. Altintas, et al., “Analytical prediction of stability lobes in milling,” Annals CIRP, Vol.44, No.1, pp. 357-362, 1998.
-  S. Alan, et al., “Analytical Prediction of Part Dynamics for Machining Stability Analysis,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 259-267, 2010.
-  M. F. Zaeh and O. Roesch, “Improvement of the Static and Dynamic Behavior of a Milling Robot,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 129-133, 2015.
-  A. Ito and E. Shamoto, “An Innovative Machining Strategy for Efficient Peripheral Finishing of Hard Materials with Highly-Varied-Helix End Mill,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 153-160, 2015.
-  N. D. Sims, et al., “Analytical prediction of chatter stability for variable pitch and variable helix milling tools,” J. of Sound and Vibration, Vol.317, pp. 664-686, 2008.
-  S. Smith, et al., “Stabilizing Chatter by Automatic Spindle Speed Regulation,” Annals CIRP, Vol.41, No.1, pp. 433-436, 1992.
-  M. Zatarain, et al., “Stability of milling processes with continuous spindle speed variation: Analysis in the frequency and time domains, and experimental correlation,” Annals CIRP, Vol.57, No.1, pp. 379-384, 2008.
-  A. Ertürk, et al., “Selection of design and operational parameters in spindle–holder–tool assemblies for maximum chatter stability by using a new analytical model,” Annals CIRP, Vol.47, No.9, pp. 1401-1409, 2007.
-  H. Onozuka, et al., “Optimal Design of a Damped Arbor for Heavy-Duty Machining of Giant Parts,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 171-186, 2013.
-  H. Onozuka, et al., “Analysis of Dynamic Behavior of Damped Tool Arbor by Finite Element Method,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.8, No.3 pp. 1401-1409, 2014.
-  Y. Yang, et al., “Optimization of multiple tuned mass dampers to suppress machine tool chatter,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.50, No.9, pp. 834-842, 2010.
-  S. Ema, et al., “Suppression of chatter vibration of boring tools using impact dampers,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.40, No.8, pp. 1141-1156, 2000.
-  K. Utsumi, et al., “Study on Design Method of Absorber for Controlling Chatter Vibration in Thin Plate Machining,” J. JSPE, Vol.81, No.2, pp. 187-192, 2015.
-  K. Kolluru, et al., “A solution for minimising vibrations in milling of thin walled casings by applying dampers to workpiece surface,” Annals CIRP, Vol.62, No.1, pp. 415-418, 2013.
-  S. Bolsunovsky, et al., “Reduction of Flexible Workpiece Vibrations with Dynamic Support Realized as Tuned Mass Damper,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.8, pp. 230-234, 2013.
-  K. Seto, “Vibration Control of Multi-Degree of Freedom Systems by Dynamic Absorbers : 2nd Report, On the Design of the Dynamic Absorber by the Transfer Matrix Method,” Trans. JSME C, Vol.50, No.458, pp. 1970-1977, 1984.
-  K. Seto and S. Yamashita, “Vibration Control of Multi-Degree of Freedom Systems by Dynamic Absorbers : 3rd Report, On the Vibration Control of Γ-Shaped Structure,” Vol.52, No.481, pp. 2318-2325, 1986.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.