Evaluation Method for Behavior of Rotary Axis Around Motion Direction Changing
Tadahiro Nishiguchi*,†, Shogo Hasegawa**, Ryuta Sato**, and Keiichi Shirase**
*Nagano Prefectural Institute of Technology
813-8 Shimonogo, Ueda, Nagano 386-1211, Japan
**Department of Industrial Engineering, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
-  M. Tsutsumi and A. Saito, “Identification and Compensation of Systematic Deviations Particular to 5-axis Machining Centers,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.43, pp. 771-780, 2003.
-  B. Bringmann and W. Knapp, “Model-Based ‘Chace-the-ball’ Calibration of a 5-axis Machining Center,” CIRP annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.55-1, pp. 531-534, 2006.
-  M. Tsutsumi, S. Tone, N. Kato, and R. Sato, “Enhancement of Geometric Accuracy of Five-axis Machining Centers Based on Identification and Compensation of Geometric Deviations,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.68, pp. 11-20, 2011.
-  C. Hong, S. Ibaraki, and A. Matsubara, “Influence of Position-dependent Geometric Errors of Rotary Axes on a Machining Test of the Cone Frustum by Five-axis Machine Tools,” Precision Engineering, Vol.35, No.1, 2011.
-  S. Ibaraki and Y. Ota, “A Machining Test to Calibrate Rotary Axis Error Motions of Five-Axis Machine Tools and its Application to Thermal Deformation Test,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.86, pp. 81-88, 2014.
-  M. Tsutsumi, D. Yumiza, K. Utsumi, and R. Sato, “Evaluation of Synchronous Motion in Five-Axis Machining Centers with a Tilting Rotary Table,” Journal of Advanced Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 24-35, 2007.
-  R. Sato and M. Tsutsumi, “High Performance Motion Control of Rotary Table for 5-axis Machining Centers,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 113-119, 2007.
-  NAS979 Uniform Cutting Tests – NAS series, Metal Cutting Equipment Specifications, 1969.
-  S. Weikert and W. Knapp, “R-test, a New Device for Accuracy Measurements on Five Axis Machine Tools,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.53-1, pp. 429-432, 2004.
-  Y. Ota and S. Ibaraki, “Evaluation of dynamic errors of rotary axis in five-axis machining centers at the reversing point,” Proceedings of the JSME Mechanical Engineering Congress, S131023, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  N. Kato, M. Tsutsumi, Y. Tsuchihasshi, R. Sato, and Y. Ihara, “Sensitivity Analysis in Ball Bar Measurement of Three-dimensional Circular Movement Equivalent to Cone-Frustum Cutting in Five-Axis Machining Centers,” Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 317-332, 2013.
-  M. Yamaji, N. Hamabata, and Y. Ihara, “Design of Motion Accuracy Measurement Device with Three Displacement Sensors for Machine Tool and Comparison of Its Setting Method,” Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems and Manufacturing, Vol.8, No.4, 14-00094, 2014.
-  ISO 10791-6:2014, “Test conditions for machining centres – Part 6: Accuracy of speeds and interpolations.”
-  N. Kato, M. Tsutsumi, Y. Tsuchihashi, D. Yumiza, C. Cui, and Y. Ihara, “Analysis of NC data for machining test of cone-frustum under simultaneous five-axis control,” Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Series C 77, No.780, pp. 197-208, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  R. Sato and M. Tsutsumi, “Motion Control Techniques for Synchronous Motions of Translational and Rotary Axes,” Proceedings of the 5th CIRP International Conference on High Performance Cutting, Vol.1, pp. 265-270, 2012.
-  K. Nishio, R. Sato, and K. Shirase, “Finished Surface Analysis of Cone Frustum Generated by Simultaneous 5-axis Controlled Motion,” Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Series C 79, No.808, pp. 4613-4623, 2013 (in Japanese).
-  T. Nishiguchi, R. Sato, and K. Shirase, “Evaluation of Dynamic Behavior of Rotary Axis in 5-axis Machining Center, – Behavior around Motion Direction Changes –,” Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century, A24, 2015.
-  R. Sato and M. Tsutsumi, “Dynamic Synchronous Accuracy of Translational and Rotary Axes,” International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems, Vol.4, No.3-4, pp. 201-219, 2011.
-  R. Sato, K. Nishio, K. Shirase, G. Campatelli, and A. Scippa, “Influence of Motion Error of Translational and Rotary Axes onto Machined Surface Generated by Simultaneous Five-axis Motion,” Proceedings of the 6th CIRP International Conference on High Performance Cutting, pp. 269-274, 2014.
-  R. Sato and M. Tsutsumi, “Friction Compensator for Feed Drive Systems Consisting of Ball Screw and Linear Ball Guide,” Proceedings of the 35th International MATADOR Conference, pp. 311-314, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.