Dynamic Optimization Production System Based on Simulation Integrated Manufacturing and its Application to Mass Production
Masahiro Nakamura*1,†, Sei Makihara*2, Jun-ichi Sugiura*3, and Yosuke Kamioka*4
*1LEXER RESEARCH Inc.
2-3-3-6F Higashikanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0031, Japan
*2Panasonic Corporation, Osaka, Japan
*3Yokogawa Manufacturing Corporation, Tokyo, Japan
*4CKD Corporation, Aichi, Japan
A system concept that can guide the management method of a production system is important in the deployment of the Internet of Things (IoT) concept in manufacturing. This paper describes the concept of SIM (Simulation Integrated Manufacturing), the objective of which is to dynamically optimize production planning. The concept is based on the integration of engineering and supply chains in the preparatory stage of production, centering on the production model. Also described is the effect demonstrated in a verification experiment, in which this concept was applied to an actual manufacturing operation.
-  H. Komoto and N. Mishima, “A Simulation System to Analyze Effects of Relocation of Machine Tools on Supply Chain Robustness” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, pp. 304, 2012.
-  A. Hugo and E. N. Pistikopoulos, “Environmentally conscious longrange planning and design of supply chain networks,” J. of Cleaner Production, Vol.13, pp. 1471-1491, 2005.
-  J. Y. Chai, T. Sakaguchi, and K. Shirase, “Dynamic Controls of Genetic Algorithm Scheduling in Supply Chain,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 169-177, 2010.
-  J. Bretschneider and T. Menzel, “Virtual Optimization of Machine Tools and Production Processes,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.1, pp. 136, 2007.
-  N. Sugimura, K. Iwamura, and T. Maeda, “Special Issue on Production Planning and Scheduling,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, p. 209, 2015.
-  K. Tanaka, S-M. Gu, and J. Zhang, “Designing Multi-Agent Simulation with Big Time Series Data for a Global Supply Chain System,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.10, pp. 632, 2016.
-  S. Fan and X. Wang, “A Simulation Research on Inventory Cost of Custom Product Under E-commerce Circumstances,” J. in Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Automatics, Vol.19, No.3, 2015.
-  M. Sugi, M. Cheng, M. Yamamoto, H. Ito, K. Inoue, and J. Ota, “Online Rescheduling in Semiconductor Manufacturing,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 184-197, 2010.
-  R. L. Daniels and P. Kouvelis, “Robust Scheduling to Hedge Against Processing Time Uncertainty in Single-stage Production,” Management Science, Vol.41, No.2, pp. 363-376, 1995.
-  Y. Tanimizu, K. Amano, and K. Harada, “Multi-Objective Production and Transportation Scheduling Considering Carbon Dioxide Emissions Reductions in Dynamic Supply Chains,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 322-330, 2012.
-  D. Morita and H. Suwa, “An Optimization Method for Critical Chain Scheduling Toward Project Greenality,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 331–337, 2012.
-  S. Kondoh, N. Mishima, Y. Hotta, K. Watari, T. Kurita and K. Masui, “Total Performance Analysis of Manufacturing Processes,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 56-62, 2009.
-  N. A. J. Hastings, P. Marshall, and R. J. Willis, “Schedule Based M.R.P.: An Integrated Approach to Production Scheduling and Material Requirements Planning,” The J. of the Operational Research Society, Vol.33, No.11, pp. 1021-1029, 1982.
-  D. Morita and H. Suwa, “An Exact Method for Robust Capacity Requirements Planning,” Vol.9, No.2 pp. 216-221, 2015, IJAT.
-  M. Nakamura, “The Supreme Scheme for Global Manufacturing,” Nikkei-BP, 2011.
-  M. Nakamura, “Super Manufacturing Mangement,” Nikkei-BP, 2012.
-  M. Nakamura, “The Ground Design with Simultion as Manufacturing Strategy,” Nikkei-Monodukuri, May. 2014.
-  M. Nakamura, “The Persuit of Establishment of Ideal Production Model as the Key to Success for Global Manufacturing,” Nikkei-Monodukuri, Dec. 2014.
-  M. Nakamura, “The Development of New Method for Production System Design,” Nikkei-Monodukuri, Dec. 2014.
-  M. Nakamura, “Study on ICT system today and future for engineering chain connection in manufacturing from product design to production,” Japan Society of Presice Engineering, Vol.81 No.3, pp. 220-224, 2015.
-  M. Nakamura, “Beyond industrie4.0 / The impact of Simulation Integrated Manufcturing,” Nikkei-BP, 2015.