Evaluation of Additive Manufacturing Processes in Fabrication of Personalized Robot
Shushu Wang†, Rakshith Badarinath, El-Amine Lehtihet, and Vittaldas Prabhu
The Harold and Inge Marcus Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering,
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802, USA
-  S. M. Davis, “From “future perfect”: Mass customizing,” Planning review, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 16-21, 1989.
-  A. M. Fiore, L. Seung-Eun, and G. Kunz, “Psychographic variables affecting willingness to use body-scanning,” J. of Business and Management, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 271, 2003.
-  F. Salvador , P. M. De Holan, and F. T. Piller, “Cracking the code of mass customization,” MIT Sloan management review, Vol.50, No.3, pp. 71, 2009.
-  K. Jiang, H. L. Lee, and R. W. Seifert, “Satisfying customer preferences via mass customization and mass production,” IIE Trans., Vol.38, No.1, pp. 25-38, 2006.
-  A. M. Kaplan and M. Haenlein, “Toward a parsimonious definition of traditional and electronic mass customization,” J. of product innovation management, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 168-182, 2006.
-  F. Salvador, P. M. De Holan, and F. T. Piller, “Cracking the code of mass customization,” MIT Sloan management review, Vol.50, No.3, pp. 71, 2009.
-  P. McIntosh, “White privilege and male privilege,” The Teacher in American Society: A Critical Anthology, p. 121, 2010.
-  A. Kumar, “Mass customization: manufacturing issues and taxonomic analyses.” Int. J. of Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Vol.19, No.4, pp. 625-629, 2007.
-  A. T. Sidambe, “Biocompatibility of advanced manufactured titanium implants – A review,” Materials, Vol.7, No.12, pp. 8168-8188, 2014.
-  http://www.stratasys.com/ [accessed Mar. 15, 2016]
-  U. I. Chung and Y. Tei, “Manufacturing of artificial bones using 3D inkjet printing technology,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.5, pp. 509-513, 2009.
-  S. H. Ahn, M. Montero, D. Odell, S. Roundy, and P. K. Wright, “Anisotropic material properties of fused deposition modeling ABS,” Rapid Prototyping J., Vol.8, No.4, pp. 248-257, 2002.
-  I. Ainsworth, M. Ristic, and D. Brujic, “CAD-based measurement path planning for free-form shapes using contact probes,” The Int. J. of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 23-31, 2000.
-  M. Mahesh, Y. S. Wong, J. Y. H. Fuh, and H. T. Loh, “Benchmarking for comparative evaluation of RP systems and processes,” Rapid Prototyping J., Vol.10, No.2, pp. 123-135, 2004.
-  O. M. F. Marwah, S. Sharif, and M. Ibrahim, “Direct Fabrication of IC Sacrificial Patterns via Rapid Prototyping Approaches,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 570-575, 2012.
-  G. D. Kim and J. H. Sung, “Bench mark test on rapid prototyping processes and machines for functional prototypes,” J. of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 187-195, 2006.
-  G. D. Kim and Y. T. Oh, “A benchmark study on rapid prototyping processes and machines: quantitative comparisons of mechanical properties, accuracy, roughness, speed, and material cost,” Proc. of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: J. of Engineering Manufacture, Vol.222, No.2, pp. 201-215, 2008.
-  L. Baich, G. Manogharan, and H. Marie, “Study of infill print design on production cost-time of 3D printed ABS parts,” Int. J. of Rapid Manufacturing, Vol.5, No.3-4, pp. 308-319, 2015.
-  http://my3dmatter.com/influence-infill-layer-height-pattern/ [accessed Mar. 15, 2016]
-  P. Corke, “Robotics, vision and control: fundamental algorithms in MATLAB,” Springer, Vol.73, 2011.
-  G. W. Melenka, J. S. Schofield, M. R. Dawson, and J. P. Carey, “Evaluation of dimensional accuracy and material properties of the MakerBot 3D desktop printer,” Rapid Prototyping J., Vol.21, No.5, pp. 618-627, 2015.
-  http://www.stratasys.com/˜/media/Main/Files/SDS/Rigid-Opaque-Materials/SDS-Objet-VeroBlue-RGD840-US.pdf [accessed Mar. 15, 2016]
-  S, Wang, R. Badarinath, V. V. Prabhu, E. A. Lehtihet, “Evaluation of additive manufacturing processes in fabrication of a personalized robot,” Paper presented at the Advances in Production Management Systems, APMS International Conference 2016, Brazil, South America, September, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.