Fabrication of High Aspect Ratio Silicon Nanostructure with Sphere Lithography and Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching and its Wettability
Nobuyuki Moronuki*, Nguyen Phan*,†, and Norito Keyaki**
*Tokyo Metropolitan University
6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
**Mitsubishi Plastics, Inc.
5-8 Mitsuya, Nagahama, Shiga 526-8660, Japan
-  T. Liu, and C.-J. Kim, “Turning a surface superrepellent even to completely wetting liquids,” Science, Vol.346, pp. 1096-1100, 2014.
-  N. Moronuki, A. Takayama, and A. Kaneko, “Design of surface texture for the control of wettability,” Trans. JSME, Vol.70, pp. 1244-1249, 2004.
-  W. Chern et al., “Nonlithographic Patterning and Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching for Manufacturing of Tunable Light-Emitting Silicon Nanowire Arrays,” Nano Letters, Vol.10, pp. 1582-1588, 2010.
-  K. Q. Peng et al., “Silicon nanowires for advanced energy conversion and storage,” Nanotoday, Vol.8, pp. 75-79, 2013.
-  N. Moronuki, “Functional texture design and texturing processes,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.10, pp. 4-15, 2016.
-  S. A. McAuley, H. Ashraf, L. Atabo, A. Chambers, S. Hall, J. Hopkins, and G. Nicholls, “Silicon micromachining using a high density plasma source,” J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., Vol.34, pp. 2769-2774, 2001.
-  Y. Xiu, S. Zhang, V. Yelundur, A. Rohatgi, D. W. Hess, and C. P. Wong, “Superhydrophobic and low light reflectivity silicon surfaces fabricated by hierarchical etching,” Langmuir, Vol.24, pp. 10421-10426, 2008.
-  Z. Zhang, T. Shimizu, S. Senz, and U. Gosele, “Ordered high-density Si nanowires arrays epitaxially grown by bottom imprint method,” Adv. Mater., Vol.21, pp. 2824-2828, 2009.
-  M. Nishio, N. Moronuki, and M. Abasaki, “Fabrication of patterned Ag and Au inverse opal structures through repeated self-assembly of fine particles,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.8, pp. 755-760, 2014.
-  Z. Huang, H. Fang, and J. Zhu, “Fabrication of silicon nanowire arrays with controlled diameter, length and density,” Adv. Mater., Vol.19, pp. 744-748, 2007.
-  K. Peng, M. Zhang, A. Lu, N.-B. Wong, R. Zhang, and S.-T. Lee, “Ordered silicon nanowire arrays via nanosphere lithography and metal induced etching,” App. Phys. Lett., Vol.90, pp. 163123-163123-3, 2007.
-  D. Qi, N. Lu, H. Xu, B. Yang, C. Huang, M. Xu, L. Gao, Z. Wang, and L. Chi, “Simple approach to wafer-scale self-cleaning antireflective silicon surfaces,” Langmuir, Vol.25, pp. 7769-7772, 2009.
-  N. Geyer, B. Fuhrmann, Z. Huang, J. Boor, H. S. Leipner, and P. Werner, “Model for mass transport during metal-assisted chemical etching with contiguous metal films as catalyst,” J. Phys. Chem. C, Vol.116, pp. 13446-13451, 2012.
-  N. Hussing and U. Schubert, “Aerogel – airy material: chemistry, structure, and properties,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Vol.37, pp. 22-45, 1998.
-  H. Jin, M. Kettunen, A. Laiho, H. Pynnonen, J. Paltakari, A. Marmur, O. Ikkala, and R. H. A. Ras, “Superhydrophobic nanocellulose aerogel membranes as bioinspired cargo carriers on water and oil,” Langmuir, Vol.27, pp. 1930-1934, 2011.
-  S-W. Chang, V. P. Chuang, S. T. Boles, C. A. Ross, and C. V. Thompson, “Densely packed arrays of ultra-high-aspect-ratio silicon nanowires fabricated using block-copolymer lithography and metal-assisted chemical etching,” Adv. Funct. Mater., Vol.19, pp. 2495-2500, 2009.
-  K. Balasundaram et al., “Porosity control in metal-assisted chemical etching of degenerately doped silicon nanowires,” Nanotechnology, Vol.23, pp. 305304-305310, 2012.
-  R. N. Wenzel, “Resistance of solid surfaces to wetting by water,” Ind. Eng. Chem., Vol.28, pp. 988-994, 1936.
-  A. B. D. Cassie, and S. Baxter, “Large contact angles of plant and animal surfaces,” Nature, Vol.155, pp. 21-22, 1945.
-  B. S. Kim, S. Shin, S. J. Shin, K. M. Kim, and H. H. Cho, “Control of superhydrophilicity/superhydrophobicity using silicon nanowires via electroless etching method and fluorine carbon coatings,” Langmuir, Vol.27, pp. 10148-10156, 2011.
-  H. Hu et al., “Hierachically structured re-entrant microstructures for superhydrophobic surfaces with extremely low hysteresis,” J. Micromech. Microeng, Vol.24, pp. 095023-095030, 2014.
-  S. R. Wasserman, Y. T. Tao, and G. M. Whitesides, “Structure and reactivity of alkylsiloxane monolayers formed by reaction of alkyltrichlorosilanes on silicon substrate,” Langmuir, Vol.5, pp. 1074-1087, 1989.
-  C. Lee and C. Kim, “Maximizing the giant liquid slip on superhydrophobic microstructures by nanostructuring their sidewalls,” Langmuir, Vol.25, pp. 12812-12818, 2009.
-  A. Kaneko and I. Takeda, “Textured surface of self-assembled particles as a scaffold for selective cell adhesion and growth,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.10, pp. 62-68, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.