MDPRE Solution for Drilling Rig Sticking
Dongmin Li*,**,† and Dejie Huang*
*Department of Mechanical and Electronic Engineering, Shandong University of Science and Technology
Tai’an 271019, China
**State Key Laboratory of Fluid Power and Mechatronic System, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Drilling rig sticking, which poses great danger for operators in coal mine production, occurs frequently owing to various factors during the process of drilling in underground coal mines. To solve the sticking problem, the hydraulic power of the drilling rig, which has a significant influence on sticking, is studied. The relation between the torque provided by the hydraulic power unit and the torque required is determined. A model of the hydraulic system based on the multi-way valve applied in a typical drilling rig is built using the hydraulic component design of AMESim; then, the hydraulic system model is simulated under similar working condition with actual condition. Subsequently, a theoretical expression is deduced according to hydraulic and mechanical theorems, and a control method based on dynamic performance curves and relation expression (MDPRE) combining system simulation with theoretical expression is proposed. Finally, experiments are conducted 10 times/shifts to validate the MDPRE. The ultimate results show that the solution is viable and effective.
-  H. Liu, I. P. Girsang, and J. S. Dhupia, “Identification and control of stick-slip vibrations using Kalman estimator in oil-well drill strings,” J. of Petroleum Science & Engineering, Vol.140, pp. 119-127, 2016.
-  H. Rostami and A. K. Manshad, “A New Support Vector Machine and Artificial Neural Networks for Prediction of Stuck Pipe in Drilling of Oil Fields,” J. of Energy Resources Technology, Vol.136, No.2, pp. 86-91, 2014.
-  S. Hao, “The research on The Drilling Technology and The Gas Discharging Effect of The Large Diameter Directional Borehole in Coal Mine,” PhD thesis, China Coal Research Institute, Xi’an, China, 2007 (in Chinese).
-  J. Eduardo and J. M. Gonzalez, “Application of Pattern Recognition Techniques to Monitoring-while-drilling on a Rotary Electric Blasthole Drill at an Open-pit Coal Mine,” Master D. Thesis, Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, 2007.
-  Z. Mingzhu, D. Yong, and G. Bo, “Development of a new type of hydraulic drilling car used in coal mine,” Key Engineering Materials, Vol.522, pp. 556-559, 2012.
-  Y. Wang, Y. Sun, X. Zhai, and Z. Wang, “Study on New Drilling Technology in Soft and Outburst Seam,” J. of Mining & Safety Engineering, Vol.29, No.2, pp. 289-294, 2012 (in Chinese).
-  N. Yao, J. Zhang, X. Jin, and H. Huang, “Status and Development of Directional Drilling Technology in Coal Mine,” Geological Engineering Drilling Technology Conference (IGEDTC), Chengdu, China, 2014.
-  W. Peng, “Stick-slip vibration motion simulation of depth well drilling,” Metallurgical and Mining Industry, Vol.7, No.7, pp. 201-206, 2015.
-  Y. Wang, W. Song, Y. Sun, X. Zhai, and Z. Wang, “Analysis of Pipe-sticking Torque Mechanical Model for Gas Extraction Borehole Clogging Segment,” China Safety Science J., Vol.24, No.6, pp. 92-98, 2014 (in Chinese).
-  X. Jie, Y. Keiji, S. Katsuhiko, T. Ryutaro, and Y. Yasuo, “A basic study on the relations between machining conditions and the static and dynamic components of forces in drilling,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 345-352, 2013.
-  P. Zhang, Y. Liu, D. Fu, and Q. Xia, “Computer Simulation of The Foot Braking Valve Based on AMESim,” Information Technology J., Vol.12, No.17, pp. 4040-4045, 2013.
-  M. Hao and W. Jiang, “AMEsim Based Simulation on Hydraulic Experiment rig for Assembly of Stator Components,” J. of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Science), Vol.18, No.5, pp. 570-576, 2013.
-  N. C. Dev, “Role of Drill Machine and Fleet of SDL on Underground Coal Mine Operating System-a Simulated Approach,” Institution of Engineers J. (India): Mining Engineering Division, Vol.86, No.8, pp. 13-19, 2005.
-  L. ZhiChao, Y. MingGao, Z. LiGang, and P. RongKun, “Study on temperature field of the drilling machine during the course of drilling in coal mine,” J. of Coal Science and Engineering, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 60-63, 2006.
-  W. Chen and H. Kato, “Drilling Machine Simulator Considering Deflection of Drill,” Int. J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.33, No.3, pp. 203-208, 1999.
-  L. E. Chiang and D. A. Elias, “A 3D FEM Methodology for Simulating The Impact in Rock-drilling Hammers,” Int. J. of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, Vol.45, pp. 701-711, 2008.
-  K. Takafumi and K. Yasuhiro, “Development of an intelligent stage with sensor-less cutting force and torque monitoring function,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.6, pp. 736-741, 2012.
-  Y. Wang, X. Zhai, and Y. Sun, “Reasonable Parameters Study on Grooved Drill Pipe Used in Drilling Outburst Coal Seam,” J. of China Coal Society, Vol.36, No.2, pp. 304-307, 2011 (in Chinese).
-  J. Marck, E. Detournay, A. Kuesters, and J. Wingate, “Analysis of Spiraled-borehole Data by Use of a Novel Directional-drilling Model,” SPE Drilling and Completion, No.9, pp. 267-278, 2014.
-  M. Saadati, P. Forquin, K. Weddfelt, P.-L. Larsson, and F. Hild, “Granite Rock Fragmentation at Percussive Drilling-experimental and Numerical Investigation,” Int. J. for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Vol.38, No.8, pp. 828-843, 2014.
-  M. A. Saliu and J. M. Akande, “Improvement of Drilling and Blasting in Underground Mine/tunnel: a Case Study of Cominak mine Niger republic,” J. of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol.2, No.10, pp. 1546-1552, 2007.
-  S. Hiroaki, A. Hodaka, K. Yoshitsugu, and H. Masatoshi, “Development of hydraulic drive drilling robot with 4-DOF tool for in-pipe repair – mechanical design of new tool,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 221-227, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.