Development of a Surface Roughness Measurement System in a Narrow Borehole
Eiki Okuyama*,†, Yuichi Suzuki*, Masahiro Morikawa*, Yuma Suzuki*, and Ichiro Yoshida**
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Akita University
Akita 010-8502, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hosei University, Tokyo, Japan
-  ISO 4287: 1997, Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS) – Surface texture: Profile method – Terms, definitions and surface texture parameters.
-  D. J Whitehouse, “Surfaces and Their Measurement,” Hermes Penton Science, 2002.
-  K. Yanagi, et al., “Surface Topography Assessment of High-Precision Coated Abrasive Tape and Estimation of Its Machining Performance,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 41, Issue 1, pp. 377-380, 1992.
-  I. Yoshida, “Surface Roughness Part 1,” J. of JSPE, Vol.78, No.4, pp. 301-304, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  A. Sato, “Non-contact Measurering Methods for Areal Surface Texture,” J. of JSPE, Vol.81, No.10, pp. 922-925, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  K. Yanagi, et al., “A practical method of optical measurement for the minute surface roughness of cylindrical machined parts,” Wear, Vol.109, pp. 57-67, 1986.
-  K. Yanagi and N. Kobayashi, “Surface Texture Assessment of Magnetic Rigid Disk and Head Slider for Analyzing Their Contact Mechanics in Nanometer Scale,” Int. Progress in Precision Engineering, pp. 964-967, 1993.
-  M. Numada, et al., “High-order spline filter and ideal low-pass filter at the limit of its order,” Precision Engineering, Vol.31, Issue 3, pp. 234-242, 2007.
-  H. Hanada, et al., “Sophisticated filtration technique for 3D surface topography data of rectangular area,” Wear, Vol.264, pp. 422-427, 2008.
-  H. Fukatsu, “Optical Prifiling Techniques for Engineered Surfece Topography,” J. of JSPE, Vol.76, No.9, pp. 995-998, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hayashi, et.al., “Surface Inspection of Micro Glass Lens Mold Based on Total Angle Resolved Scattering Characterization,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 432-438, 2010.
-  K. Shimada, et al., “Statistical Analysis for Evaluating Surface Roughness of Plane Honing,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.4, pp. 576-583, 2014.
-  K. Ohashi, et al., “Quick On-Machine Measurement of Ground Surface Finish Available for Mass Production Cylindrical Grinding Processes,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 176-183, 2015.
-  M. Shimizu, et al., “On-Machine Surface Texture Measuring System Using Laser Speckle Pattern Analysis,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 69-77, 2016.
-  H. H. Shahabi and M. M. Ratnam, “Simulation and measurement of surface roughness via grey scale image of tool in finish turning,” Precision Engineering, Vol.43, pp. 146-153, 2016.
-  Y. Kondo, et al., “The filtering method to calculate the transmission characteristicsof the low-pass filters using actual measurement data,” Precision Engineering, Vol.44, pp. 55-61, 2016.
-  R. Jablonski and P. Orzechowski, “Shape measurement of long microbores applying photon counting method,” Precision Engineering, Vol.30, No.2, pp. 180-184, 2006.
-  E. Okuyama, et.al., “Surface Roughness Measurements of a Narrow Borehole – Development of Stylus with Cylindrical Mirror and Lensed Fiber –,” Advanced Materials Research, Vol.939, pp 491-498, 2014.
-  ISO 5436-1:2000, Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS) – Surface texture: Profile method; Measurement standards – Part 1: Material measures.
-  S. T Smith and D. G. Chetwynd, “Foundations of Ultraprecision Mechanism Design,” Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.