Influence of Tool Run-Out on Machining Accuracy with Multi-Tooth Endmill
Daisuke Goto*, Yukio Maeda*,†, Hideaki Tanaka**, Kazuya Kato**, and Takanori Yazawa***
*Toyama Prefectural University
5180 Kurokawa, Imizu-shi, Toyama 939-0398, Japan
**Shonan Institute of Technology, Kanagawa, Japan
***Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
-  N.-T. Nguyen and S. T. Wereley, “Fundamentals and Applications of Microfluidics,” Artech House, 2nd edition (Book).
-  T. Kitamori, “Microchip Analysis and Synthesis Systems,” Trends in Academic, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 42-45, 2009.
-  M. Esashi, “Micromachine/MEMS,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.75, No1, pp. 78-79, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc., “By promoting science and technology, qualitative assessment and analysis of contribution to economy, society,people’s lives,” pp. 326, 2005 (Book).
-  A. Manz, J. C. Fettinger, E. Verpoorte, H. Ludi, H. M. Widmer, and D. J. Harrison, “Micromachining of monocrystalline silicon and glass for chemical analysis systems A look into next century’s technology or just a fashionable craze?,” TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry, Vol.10, pp. 144-149, 1991.
-  M. Tokeshi, “Glass chip manufacturing method using a semiconductor microfabrication technology,” Electronic materials, pp. 26-28, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  J. H. Parka, N.-E. Leea, J. SParkb, and H. D. PArkb, “Deep dry etching of borosilicate glass using SF 6/Ar inductively coupled plasma,” Microelectronic Engineering, Vol.82, pp. 119-128, 2005.
-  J. Yoshida, “Present state of micro reactor-innovative changes of chemical synthesis and manufacturers,” Chemistry & Chemical Industry, Vol.59, No.3, pp. 244-247, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  J. Kobayashi, Y. Mori, and S. Kobayashi, “Multiphase organic synthesis using micro space,” Chemistry & Chemical Industry, Vol.59, No.3, pp. 248-251, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  Science and Technology Foresight Center, “High-efficiency pharmaceutical synthesis technology using micro-chemical chip,” Science and Technology Foresight, pp. 10, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  A. Aramcharosen, S. K. C. Sean, and L. Kui “Micro milling for polymer materials used in prototyping of microfluidic chip application,” Advanced Materials Resarch, Vol.565, pp. 552-557, 2012.
-  H. Maibara, “Method of manufacturing a metal microreactor according to the metal photo-etching technology,” Electronic materials, pp. 29-32, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  T. Waida and K. Okano, “Micro-grinding of Micro-machine Component,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.61, No10, pp. 71-74, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  M. Jin, T. Goto, and T. Watanabe, “Relationship between cutting accuracy and main spindle imbalance in micro-endmilling (1st report) – Using two-flute square end mill with a diameter of 30 μm –,” J. of the Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.54, No.9, pp. 22-26, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  H. Shibahara, Y. Inada, M. Nunobiki, and K. Okuda, “Cutting Phenomena in Micro End Milling of Metal Mold Steel,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (Series C), Vol.75, No.757, pp. 21-27, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  M. Nomura, T. Kawashima, T. Shibata, Y. Murakami, M. Masuda, and O. Horiuchi, “Unique cutting phenomena in micro-end-milling –Mechanism and possibility of occurrence –,” J. of the Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.54, No.10, pp. 27-31, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  K. Iwatsuka, Y. Maeda, H. Tanaka, T. Yazawa, and S. Suzuki, “Study, on micro-groove milling of a micro-channel die – Selection guidelines for cutting conditions with micro-endmills –,” Proc. of the 6th Int. Conf. on Leading Edge Manufacturing in the 21st century (LEM21), pp. 32-73, 2011.
-  Y. Maeda, K. Iwatsuka, Y. Isokawa, T. Yazawa, Y. Fukuda, and S. Suzuki, “Study on fine groove milling of micro-channel die – Surface roughness and form accuracy of fine groove –,” The 8th Manufacturing & Machine Tool Conference, pp. 249-250, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Maeda, K. Iwatsuka, Y. Isokawa, T. Yazawa, Y. Fukuda, and S. Suzuki, “Study on Micro-groove Milling of a Microchannel Die – Cutting performance of micro endmill –,” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering Hokuriku Shinetsu Brunch congress, pp. 3-4, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Maeda, K. Iwatsuka, Y. Isokawa, T. Yazawa, Y. Fukuda, and S. Suzuki, “Effect of Tool Run-Out on Micro-Groove Milling for a Microchannel Die,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 275-281, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.