Vision-Based Execution Monitoring of State Transition in Disassembly Automation
Supachai Vongbunyong*,†, Maurice Pagnucco**, and Sami Kara**
*Institute of Field Robotics, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi
126 Pracha u-tid Road, Bangmod Thungkru, Bangkok, Thailand
**The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
-  H. Komoto, S. Kondoh, and K. Masui, “Simulating the formation of urban minesconsidering the rational decisions of distributed end-of-life stakeholders,” Int. J. Automation Tech., Vol.8, No.5, pp. 653-663, 2014.
-  E. Kunii, T. Matsuura, S. Fukushige, and Y. Umeda, “Proposal of consistency management method between product and its life cycle for supporting life cycle design,” Int. J. Automation Tech., Vol.6, No.3, pp. 272-278, 2012.
-  S. Fukushige, Y. Inoue, K. Tonoike, and Y. Umeda, “Design methodology for modularity based on life cycle scenario,” Int. J. Automation Tech., Vol.3, No.1, pp. 40-48, 2009.
-  U. Büker, S. Drüe, N. Götze, G. Hartmann, B. Kalkreuter, R. Stemmer, et al., “Vision-based control of an autonomous disassembly station,” Robot Auton Syst., Vol.35, No.3-4, pp. 179-189, 2001.
-  M. Tonko and H.-H. Nagel, “Model-based stereo-tracking of non-polyhedral objects for automatic disassembly experiments,” Int. J. Comput Vis., Vol.37, No.1, pp. 99-118, 2000.
-  U. Büker, S. Drüe, N. Götze, G. Hartmann, B. Kalkreuter, R. Stemmer, et al., “Active object recognition system for disassembly tasks,” IEEE Symposium on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, ETFA., Vol.1, pp. 79-88, 1999.
-  M. Merda, W. Lepuschitz, T. Meurer, and M. Vincze (Eds.), “Towards ontology-based automated disassembly systems,” Industrial Electronics Conference (IECON), 2010.
-  A. J. D. Lambert and M. Gupta, “Disassembly modeling for assembly, maintenance, reuse, and recycling,” Boca Raton, Fla., CRC Press, 2005.
-  K. Wegener, W. H. Chen, F. Dietrich, K. Dröder, and S. Kara, “Robot assisted disassembly for the recycling of electric vehicle batteries,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.29, pp. 716-721, 2015.
-  B. Van and M. Kuren, “Automated demanufacturing studies in detecting and destroying threaded connections for processing electronic waste,” IEEE Int. Symposium on Electronics and the Environment, pp. 295-298, 2002.
-  K. Hohm, H. M. Hofstede, and H. Tolle, “Robot assisted disassembly of electronic devices,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1273-1278, 2000.
-  B. Karlsson and J.-O. Järrhed, “Recycling of electrical motors by automatic disassembly,” Meas Sci Technol., Vol.11, No.4, pp. 350-357, 2000.
-  P. Kopacek and B. Kopacek, “Intelligent, flexible disassembly,” Int. J. Adv Manuf Technol., Vol.30, Nos.5-6, pp. 554-560, 2006.
-  S. R. Cruz-Ramirez, Y. Mae, T. Takubo, and T. Arai, “Detection of screws on metal-ceiling structures for dismantling tasks in buildings,” 2008 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 4123-4129, 2008.
-  P. Gil, J. Pomares, S. V. T. Puente, C. Diaz, F. Candelas, and F. Torres, “Flexible multi-sensorial system for automatic disassembly using cooperative robots,” Int. J. Comput Integr Manuf., Vol.20, No.8, pp. 757-772, 2007.
-  S. Vongbunyong, S. Kara, and M. Pagnucco, “Basic behaviour control of the vision-based cognitive robotic disassembly automation,” Assem Autom., Vol.33, No.1, pp. 38-56, 2013.
-  W. H. Chen (Ed.), “Line detection by centre and width estimation,” The Int. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence and Pattern Recognition (AIPR2014), Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2014.
-  F. Torres, P. Gil, S. T. Puente, J. Pomares, and R. Aracil, “Automatic PC disassembly for component recovery,” Int. J. Adv Manuf Technol., Vol.23, Nos.1-2, pp. 39-46, 2004.
-  T. M. Jorgensen, A. W. Andersen, and S. S. Christensen (Eds.), “Shape recognition system for automatic disassembly of TV-sets,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Proc., 1996.
-  S. Vongbunyong, S. Kara, and M. Pagnucco, “Application of cognitive robotics in disassembly of products,” CIRP Ann – Manuf Technol., Vol.62, No.1, pp. 31-34, 2013.
-  J. R. Duflou, G. Seliger, S. Kara, Y. Umeda, A. Ometto, and B. Willems, “Efficiency and feasibility of product disassembly: A case-based study,” CIRP Ann – Manuf Technol., Vol.57, No.2, pp. 583-600, 2008.
-  S. Vongbunyong, S. Kara, and M. Pagnucco, “A framework for using cognitive robotics in disassembly of products,” Leveraging Technology for a Sustainable World – Proc. of the 19th CIRP Conf. on Life Cycle Engineering, pp. 173-178, 2012.
-  R. Y. Tang, Z. M. Zeng, C. K. Sun, and P. Wang, “3-step-calibration of 3D vision measurement system based-on structured light,” Int. J. Autom Tech., Vol.8, No.3, pp. 484-489, 2014.
-  M. Tanaka, H. Matsubara, and T. Morie, “Human detection and face recognition using 3d structure of head and face surfaces detected by rgb-d sensor,” J. Robotic Mech., Vol.27, No.6, pp. 691-697, 2015.
-  Microsoft Corporation, XBox 360 – Kinect 2011, Available from: www.xbox.com/Kinect [accessed December 1, 2011]
-  OpenKinect, libfreenect 2010, Available from: https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect [accessed December 1, 2011]
-  G. Bradski and A. Kaebler, “Learning OpenCV – Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library,” Affine transform, 1st ed, O’ Reilly Media, Inc., pp. 164-169, 2008.
-  B. Siciliano, L. Sciavicco, L. Villani, and G. Oriolo, “Vision Sensors. Robotics: modelling, planning and control,” Springer, London, pp. 255-330, 2009.
-  OpenKinect, Imaging Information 2011. Available from: http://openkinect.org/wiki/Imaging_Information [accessed December 1, 2011]
-  OpenCV, OpenCV v2.1 documentation, Histogram 2010, March 10, 2011, Available from: http://opencv.willowgarage.com/documentation/cpp/histograms.html [accessed March 10, 2011]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.