Robust Design of System of Systems Using Uncertainty Assessment Based on Lattice Point Approach: Case Study of Distributed Generation System Design in a Japanese Dormitory Town
Yutaka Nomaguchi*,†, Kazune Kawakami*, Kikuo Fujita*, Yusuke Kishita**, Keishiro Hara***, and Michinori Uwasu***
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
**Department of Precision Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering,
The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
***Center for Open Innovation Research and Education, Graduate School of Engineering,
Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
-  M. Jamshidi, “Systems of Systems Engineering : Innovations for the Twenty-First Century,” Wiley, 2008.
-  A. Sousa-Poza, S. Kovacic, and C. Keating, “System of systems engineering: An emerging multidiscipline,” International Journal of System of Systems Engineering, Vol.1, No.1-2, pp. 1–17, 2008.
-  INCOSE, “Systems Engineering Handbook: A guide for System Life Cycle Processes and Activities,” Wiley, 2015.
-  A. Parkinson, “Robust mechanical design using engineering models,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME, Vol.117, pp. B:48–54, 1995.
-  Y. Matsuoka and T. Kato, “Robust design,” Morikita Publishing, Tokyo, 2013 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Nomaguchi, H. Tanaka, A. Sakakibara, K. Fujita, K. Y., K. Hara, and M. Uwasu, “Design and evaluation of scenarios on cooperative planning of subsidy systems and power grids toward building distributed energy system – case study of Mishima area, Osaka –,” In Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Meeting of Japan Society of Energy and Resources, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  F. R. Abate, “The pocket oxford dictionary and thesaurus, American Edition,” Oxford University Press, New York, 1997.
-  T. Kato, M. Muramatsu, S. Kimura, and Y. Matsuoka, “Robust design method using adjustable control factors,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 333–343, 2014.
-  D. Morita and H. Suwa, “An exact method for robust capacity requirements planning,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 216–221, 2015.
-  J.-C. Yu and K. Ishii, “Design for robustness based on manufacturing variation patterns,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME, Vol.120, No.2, pp. 196–202, 1998.
-  G. Taguchi, “Taguchi On Robust Technology Development,” ASME Press, New York, 1993.
-  D. Talley and D. Mavris, “Robust Design Method for a Battlespace System of Systems,” In Collection of Technical Papers – AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference, 2008.
-  S. Fritz, R. Scholes, M. Obersteiner, J. Bouma, and B. Reyers, “A conceptual framework for assessing the benefits of a global earth observation system of systems,” IEEE Systems Journal, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 338–348, 2008.
-  D. Neubersch, H. Held, and A. Otto, “Operationalizing climate targets under learning: An application of cost-risk analysis,” Climatic Change, Vol.126, No.3-4, pp. 305–318, 2014.
-  D. Chattopadhyay, A. Ross, and D. Rhodes, “A practical method for tradespace exploration of systems of systems,” In AIAA Space 2009 Conference and Exposition, 2009.
-  N. Davendralingam and D. Delaurentis, “A robust portfolio optimization approach to system of system architectures,” Systems Engineering, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 269–283, 2015.
-  E. Zivi, “Design of robust shipboard power automation systems,” Annual Reviews in Control, Vol.29, No.2, pp. 261–272, 2005.
-  J. Carrasco, L. Franquelo, J. Bialasiewicz, E. Galvan, R. Guisado, M. Prats, J. Leon, and N. Moreno-Alfonso, “Power-Electronic Systems for the Grid Integration of Renewable Energy Sources: A Survey,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol.53, No.4, pp. 1002–1016, 2006.
-  W. S. Ho, H. Hashim, M. H. Hassim, Z. A. Muis, and S. N. L. M., “Design of distributed energy system through electric system cascade analysis (ESCA),” Applied Energy, Vol.99, pp. 309–315, 2012.
-  Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan, “Settlement of FY2015 Purchase Prices for Newcomers and FY2015 Surcharge Rates under the Feed-in Tariff Scheme for Renewable Energy,” 2015, http://www.meti.go.jp/english/press/2015/0319_01.html [updated 2015 March 24; cited 2015 May 28].
-  S. Kaewniyompanit, H. Sugihara, K. Tsuji, T. Funabashi, Y. Okuno, and T. Hayashi, “Maximum potential of PV installation based on an energy system planning model considering a distribution voltage constraint,” IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 257–268, 2009.
-  T. Hirai and N. Fujiwara, “Technical issues concerning interconnection due to increase of distributed generators,” The Journal of the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, Vol.125, No.3, pp. 149–152, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), “Distributed solar PV for electricity system resiliency: policy and regulatory considerations,” 2015, http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy15osti/62631.pdf [accessed February 17, 2016]
-  European Commission, “Energy and environment,” 2012, http://ec.europa.eu/competition/sectors/energy/overview_en.html [accessed February 17, 2016]
-  Consumer Co-operative Institute of Japan, “Report on Lifestyle and Energy Consumption of Japanese People,” Japanese Consumer Co-operative Union, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  NEDO (New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization), “For Effective Performance of Photovoltaic Generation,” 2010 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.