Characteristics of a Pneumatic Bellows Actuator for Colonoscopy
Shuichi Wakimoto and Hidehiro Kametani
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University
3-1-1 Tsushima-naka, Kita-ku, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
-  National Cancer Center and Information Services, http://ganjoho.jp/public/index.html [accessed Jan. 14, 2016]
-  T. Echigo, “Capsule endoscopy,” J. of The Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers, Vol.62, No.6, pp. 860-862, 2009.
-  K. Nakajima, “Large intestine endoscopic evaluation for young doctors,” Medical Review Co., Ltd., 2009 (in Japanese).
-  H. Kita and H. Yamamoto, “Double-balloon endoscopy for the diagnosis and treatment of small intestinal disease,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Gastroenterology, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 179-194, 2006.
-  J. Abadie, N. Chaillet, and C. Lexcellent, “Modeling of a new SMA micro-actuator for active endoscopy applications,” Mechatronics, Vol.19, pp. 437-442, 2009.
-  B. Kim, H. Lim, K. Kim, Y. Jeong, and J. Park, “A locomotive mechanism for a robotic colonoscope,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1373-1378, 2002.
-  K. Ozaki, S. Wakimoto, K. Suzumori, and Y. Yamamoto, “Novel design of rubber tube actuator improving mountability and drivability for assisting colonoscope insertion,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3263-326, 2011.
-  S. Wakimoto, I. Kumagai, and K. Suzumori, “Development of variable stiffness colonoscope consisting of pneumatic drive devices,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.4, 2011.
-  T. Yanagida, K. Adachi, and T. Nakamura, “Development of bellows-type artificial rubber muscle and application to peristaltic crawling endoscopic robot,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.25, No.4, 2013.
-  D. Glozman, N. Hassidov, M. Senesh, and M. Shoham, “A self-propelled inflatable earthworm-like endoscope actuated by single supply line,” IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol.57, pp. 1264-1272, 2010.
-  J. Zuo, G. Yan, and Z Gao, “A micro creeping robot for colonoscopy based on the earthworm,” J. of Medical Engineering and Technology, Vol.29, pp. 1-7, 2005.
-  I. Kassim, L. Phee, W. Ng, F. Gong, P. Dario, and C. Mosse, “Locomotion techniques for robotic colonoscopy,” IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, pp. 49-56, 2006.
-  P. Valdastri, M. Simi, and R. J. Webster, “Advanced technologies for gastrointestinal endoscopy,” Ann. Rev. of Biomedical Engineering, Vol.14, pp. 397-429, 2012.
-  G. Pan and L. Wang, “Swallowable wireless capsule endoscopy: progress and technical challenges,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, pp. 1-9, 2012.
-  K. Kong, J. Cha, D. Jeon, and D. D. Cho, “A rotation micro biopsy device for the capsule endoscope,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1839-1843, 2005.
-  F. Schnoll-Sussman, and K. Kulkarni, “Risks of capsule endoscopy,” Techniques in Gastrointestinal Endoscope, Vol.10, pp. 25-30, 2008.
-  H. Kametani, S. Wakimoto, and Y. Nishioka, “Proposal and fundamental experiments of a novel pneumatic film actuator for assisting colonoscope Insertion,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 2157-2162, 2015.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.