A Novel Method of Improving Non-Sinusoidal Periodic Waveform in Force Excitation Control System
Yong Sang†, Jianlong Zhao, Yu Zhu, and Lilai Shao
School of Mechanical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology
Dalian, 116024, China
†Corresponding author, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A non-sinusoidal periodic waveform, such as a triangle wave, is often used as the testing input signal in force excitation control systems. Limited by the bandwidth of the system, the output waveform is often distorted, and the dynamic tracking accuracy is reduced. As an alternative to a hardware upgrade, a novel method of improving the tracking precision of the non-sinusoidal periodic waveform in the force excitation control system is presented. A key technique of the method is the adjustment of the spectrum of the non-sinusoidal periodic waveform in advance according to the frequency response characteristic of the control system. The working principle of the frequency-box regulator, the formula derivation, and the operation steps are explained. Simulations and tests are conducted to confirm the effectiveness of the method. The results show that the novel method (frequency-box regulation) works well in the force excitation control system.
-  H. Kuwano and S. Yokota, “Application of electro-hydraulic servo system to hot strip downcoiler,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 445-449, 2012.
-  W. S. Yu and T. S. Kuo, “Robust indirect adaptive control of the electro-hydraulic velocity control systems,” IEE Proc. Control Theory Appl., Vol.143, No.5, pp. 448-454, 1996.
-  W. M. Bessa, M. S. Dutra, and E. Kreuzer, “Sliding mode control with adaptive fuzzy dead-zone compensation of an electro-hydraulic servosystem,” J. Intell. Robot. Syst.: Theory Appl., Vol.58, No.1, pp. 3-16, 2009.
-  D. Garagic and K. Srinivasan, “Application of nonlinear adaptive control techniques to an electro-hydraulic velocity servomechanism,” IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Technol., Vol.12, No.2, pp. 303-314, 2004.
-  H.-M. Chen, J.-C. Renn, and J.-P. Su, “Sliding mode control with varying boundary layers for an electro-hydraulic position servo system,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol.26, Nos.1-2, pp. 117-123, 2005.
-  C. Guan and S. Pan, “Adaptive sliding mode control of electro-hydraulic system with nonlinear unknown parameters,” Control Eng. Pract., Vol.16, No.11, pp. 1275-12841, 2008.
-  X. W. S. Wang and B. Yao, “Adaptive robust torque control of electric load simulator with strong position coupling disturbance,” Int. J. of Control, Automation and Systems, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 325-332, 2013.
-  C. Guan and S. Pan, “Nonlinear adaptive robust control of single-rod electro-hydraulic actuator with unknown nonlinear parameters,” IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Technol., Vol.16, No.3, pp. 434-445, 2008.
-  C. Kaddissi, J.-P. Kenné, and M. Saad, “Identification and real-time control of an electro-hydraulic servo system based on nonlinear backstepping,” Asme Trans. On Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 12-22, 2007.
-  J. Yao, Z. Jiao, and D. Ma, “Extended-State-Observer-Based output feedback nonlinear robust control of hydraulic systems with backstepping,” IEEE Trans. On Industrial Electronics, Vol.61, No.11, pp. 6285-6293, 2014.
-  J. Yao, Z. Jiao, D. Ma, and L. Yan, “High-accuracy tracking control of hydraulic rotary actuators with modeling uncertainties,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 633-641, 2014.
-  C. Kaddissi, J.-P. Kenne, and M. Saad, “Identification and real-time control of an electro-hydraulic servo system based on nonlinear backstepping,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatron., Vol.12, No.1, pp. 12-22, 2007.
-  B. Ayalew and B. T. Kulakowski, “Nonlinear decentralized position control of electro-hydraulic actuators in road simulation,” ASME 2005 Int. Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. Design Engineering, Parts A and B, pp. 3-72, 2005.
-  H. A. Mintsa, R. Venugopal, J.-P. Kenné, and C. Belleau, “Feedback linearization-based position control of an electro-hydraulic servo system with supply pressure uncertainty,” IEEE Trans. On Control Systems Technology, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 1092-10994, 2012.
-  B. Ayalew, and K. W. Jablokow, “Partial feedback linearising force tracking control: Implementation and testing in electro-hydraulic actuation,” IET Control Theory Appl., Vol.1, No.3, pp. 689-698, 2007.
-  A. Alleyne and R. Liu “A simplified approach to force control for electro-hydraulic systems,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.8, No.12, pp. 1347-1356, 2000.
-  X. Su, W. Li, L. Zhang, Y. Wang, Q. Fan, C. Sun, and L. Yu, “Application of RBF hierarchical neural network in automatic horizon control system of memory-cutting shearer,” 2010 Chinese Control and Decision Conf., pp. 015-2018, 2010.
-  B. Wang, Y. Dong, and K. Zhao, “Compound control for hydraulic flight motion simulator,” Chin. J. Aeronaut., Vol.23, No.2, pp. 240-2451, 2010.
-  K. Seki, M. Iwasaki, M. Kawafuku, H. Hirai, and K. Kishida, “Practical controller design of hybrid experimental system for seismic tests,” IEEE Trans. On Industrial Electronics, Vol.56, No.3, pp. 628-634, 2009.
-  J. Yao, D. Di, G. Jiang, S. Gao, and H. Yan, “Real-time acceleration harmonics estimation for an electro-hydraulic servo shaking table using Kalman filter with a linear model,” IEEE Trans. On Control Systems Technology, Vol. 22, No.2, pp. 794-800, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.