Punchless Drawing of Magnesium Alloy Sheet Under Cold Condition and its Computation
Minoru Yamashita and Koji Kuwabara
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Gifu University
1-1 Yanagido Gifu city, Gifu, Japan
-  S. Sezek, V. Savas, and B. Aksakal, “Effect of Die Radius on Blank Holder Force and Drawing Ratio: A Model and Experimental Investigation,” Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Vol.25, No.7, pp. 557-564, 2010.
-  C. Chen, J. Gau, and R. Lee, “An Experimental and Analytical Study on the Limit Drawing Ratio of Stainless Steel 304 Foils for Microsheet Forming,” Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Vol.24, No.12, pp. 1256-1265, 2009.
-  L. Hu, Y. Peng, D. Li, and S. Zhang, “Influence of Dynamic Recrystallization on Tensile Properties of AZ31B Magnesium Alloy Sheet,” Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Vol.25, No.8, pp. 880-887, 2010.
-  G. Palumbo, D. Sorgente, L. Tricarico, S.H. Zhang, and W. T. Zheng, “Numerical and Experimental Investigations on the Effect of the Heating Strategy and the Punch Speed on the Warm Deep Drawing of Magnesium Alloy AZ31,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.191, Nos.1-3, pp. 342-346, 2007.
-  G. Palumbo, D. Sorgente, and L. Tricarico, “A Numerical and Experimental Investigation of AZ31 Formability at Elevated Temperatures Using a Constant Strain Rate Test,” Materials and Design, Vol.31, No.3, pp. 1308-1316, 2010.
-  Z. He, S. Yuan, G. Liu, J. Wu, and W. Cha, “Formability Testing of AZ31B Magnesium Alloy Tube at Elevated Temperature,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.210, Nos.6-7, pp. 877-884, 2010.
-  S. Kayaa, T. Altana, P. Grocheb, and C. Klopschb, “Determination of the Flow Stress of Magnesium AZ31-O Sheet at Elevated Temperatures Using the Hydraulic Bulge Test,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.48, No.5, pp. 550-557, 2008.
-  D. Tari, M. Worswick, J. Mckinley, and R. Bagheriasl, “AZ31 Magnesium Deep Drawing Experiments and Finite Element Simulation,” Int. J. of Material Forming, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 159-162, 2010.
-  C. Sun, S. Zhang, W. Tang, and Z. Wang, “Press Forging of Magnesium-Alloy Notebook Frame with Complex Geometry,” Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Vol.25, No.7, pp. 534-538, 2010.
-  S. Kondoh, N. Mishima, Y. Hotta, K. Watari, T. Kurita, and K. Masui, “Total Performance Analysis of Manufacturing Processes,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 56-62, 2009.
-  N. A. Maslennikov, “Russian Developed Punchless Drawing,” Metalworking Production, Vol.16, pp. 1417-1420, 1957.
-  M. Ramezani, and Z. M. Ripin, “A Study on High Ratio Cup Drawing by Maslennikov’s Process,” Int. J. of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.58, Nos.5-8, pp. 503-520, 2012.
-  Y. Chino, K. Sassa, and M. Mabuchi, “Texture and Stretch Formability of Mg-1.5 mass % Zn-0.2 mass % Ce Alloy Rolled at Different Rolling Temperatures,” Materials Transactions, Vol.49, No.12, pp. 2916-2918, 2008.
-  M. Yamashita, T. Hattori, and N., Nishimura, “Numerical Simulation of Sheet Metal Drawing by Maslennikov’s Technique,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vols.187-188, pp. 192-196, 2007.
-  N. Ogawa, M. Shiomi, and K. Osakada, “Forming Limit of Magnesium Alloy at Elevated Temperature for Precision Forging,” Int. J. of Machine and Tools Manufacture, Vol.42, No.5, pp. 607-614, 2002.
-  R. Matsumoto, T. Kubo, and K. Osakada, “Fracture of Magnesium Alloy in Cold Forging,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.56, No.1, pp. 293-296, 2007.
-  J. O. Hallquist, “DYNA3D User’s manual Rev.5,” 1989.
-  M. Yamashita, T. Hattori, K. Yamada, and N. Nishimura, “Frictional Effect on Deformation Behavior in Incremental Sheet Forming,” Steel Research Int., Vol.81, No.9, pp. 926-29, 2010.
-  P. Mitsomwang, S. Nagasawa, H. Kuroiwa, and Y. Fukushima, “Deformation Analysis of Silicone Rubber Sheet Subjected to Keen WC Blade Indentation,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.5, pp. 761-762, 2014.
-  P. J. Blatz, and W. L. Ko, “Application of Finite Elastic Theory to the Deformation of Rubbery Materials,” Trans. of the Society of Rheology, Vol.6, pp. 223-251, 1962.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.