Diamond Machining of Holograms Using Fine Rectangular Shaped Cutting Tools
Axel Meier, Oltmann Riemer, and Ekkard Brinksmeier
Laboratory for Precision Machining
Badgasteiner Str. 2, 28359 Bremen, Germany
-  R. Brunner, “Transferring diffractive optics from research to commercial applications: Part II – size estimations for selected markets,” Advanced Optical Technologies, Vol.3/2, pp. 121-128, 2014.
-  R. Brunner, “Transferring diffractive optics from research to commercial applications: Part I – progress in the patent landscape,” Advanced Optical Technologies, Vol.2, No.5-6, pp. 351-359, 2013.
-  F. Z. Fang, X. D. Zhang, A. Weckenmann, G. X. Zhang, and C. Evans, “Manufacturing and measurement of freeform optics,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.62, No.2, pp. 823-846, 2013.
-  X. Q. Zhang, K. Liu, V. Sunappan, and X. Shan, “Diamond micro engraving of gravure roller mould for roll-to-roll printing of fine line electronics,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.225, pp. 337-346, 2015.
-  E. Brinksmeier and L. Schöonemann, “Generation of discontinuous microstructures by Diamond Micro Chiseling,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.63, No.1, pp. 49-52, 2014.
-  M. A. Davies, B. S. Dutterer, T. J. Suleski, J. F. Silny, and E. D. Kim, “Diamond machining of diffraction gratings for imaging spectrometers,” Precision Engineering, Vol.36, pp. 334-338, 2012.
-  Y. Wang, Q. Zhao, Y. Shang, P. Lv, B. Guo, and L. Zhao, “Ultra-precision machining of Fresnel microstructure on die steel using single crystal diamond tool,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.211, pp. 2152-2159, 2011.
-  J. Yan, K. Watanabe, and Y. Nakagawa, “Fabrication of Thin-Film Fresnel Optics by Combining Diamond Turning and Photolithographic Processes,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 385-390, 2013.
-  C. Lee and S. K. Lee, “Fabrication and molding testing of the blazed gratings for microoptics applications,” Key Engineering Materials, Vol.447-448, pp. 396-400, 2010.
-  Y. Takeuchi, S. Maeda, T. Kawai, and K. Sawada, “Manufacture of Multiple-focus Micro Fresnel Lenses by Means of Nonrotational Diamond Grooving,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.51, No.1, pp. 343-346, 2002.
-  Y. Yamagata and S. Morita, “Fabrication of blazed holographic optical element by ultrahigh-precision cutting,” RIKEN Review: Focused on Advances on Micromechanical Fabrication Techniques, Vol.34, pp. 6-8, 2001.
-  Y. J. Noh, M. Nagashima, Y. Arai, and W. Gao, “Fast Positioning of Cutting Tool by a Voice Coil Actuator for Micro-Lens Fabrication,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 257-262, 2009.
-  D. P. Yu, G. S. Hong, and Y. S. Wong, “Integral Sliding Mode Control for Fast Tool Servo Diamond Turning of Micro-Structured Surfaces,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 4-10, 2011.
-  L. Li, A. Y. Yi, C. Huang, D. A. Grewell, A. Benatar, and Y. Chen, “Fabrication of diffractive optics by use of slow tool servo diamond turning process,” Optical Engineering, Vol.45, No.11, pp. 113401-1-113401-9, 2006.
-  J. Zhou, L. Li, N. Naples, T. Sun, and A. Y. Yi, “Fabrication of continuous diffractive optical elements using a fast tool servo diamond turning process,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol.23, No.7, doi: 10.1088/0960 – 1317/23/7/075010, 2013.
-  E. Brinksmeier, O. Riemer, R. Gl”abe, B. Lüunemann, C. von Kopylow, C. Dankwart, and A. Meier, “Submicron functional surfaces generated by diamond machining,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.59, No.1, pp. 535-538, 2010.
-  M. Okano, H. Kikuta, Y. Hirai, K. Yamamoto, and T. Yotsuya, “Optimization of diffraction grating profiles in fabrication by electron-beam lithography,” Applied Optics, Vol.43, No.24, pp. 5137-5142, 2004.
-  C. Dankwart, C. Falldorf, and R. B. Bergmann, “Design of Diamond turned holograms for multiple wavelength image formation,” 12th Workshop on Information Optics (WIO), 2013.
-  L. Olejnik, M. Kulczyk, W. Pachla, and A. Rosochowski, “Hydrostatic extrusion of UFG aluminium,” International Journal of Material Forming, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 621-624, 2009.
-  J. Osmer, O. Riemer, E. Brinksmeier, A. Rosochowski, L. Olejnik, and M. Richert, “Diamond turning of ultrafine grained aluminium alloys,” Proceedings of the 7th euspen International Conference, Bremen, pp. 316-319, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.