Stereo Camera System with Digital Image Correlation Method for Accurate Measurement of Position and Orientation of Positioning Stage
Yusuke Horikawa, Akio Mizutani, Tomoaki Noda, and Hisao Kikuta
Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University
1-1, Gakuen-cho, Naka-ku, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
A stereo camera system with digital image correlation (DIC) was developed for accurate measurement of the position and orientation of a precision positioning stage. Stereo correspondence was carefully calculated by sub-image matching based on the DIC method. Camera parameters for the triangulation were determined from the measurement results of x, y, and z translation of an accurate positioning stage. The measured root mean square random errors were 0.6 μm in the in-plane direction and 1.7 μm in the out-of-plane direction. The proportional errors in the in-plane and out-of-plane directions were 0.2 μm/10 mm and 0.5μm/10 mm, respectively.
-  T. Oiwa, “Precision mechanism based on parallel kinematics,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 326-337, 2010.
-  P. Vischer and R. Clavel, “Kinematic calibration of parallel Delta robot,” Robotica, Vol.16, pp. 207-218, 1998.
-  J. Zhang, T. Yamaguchi, K. Iwata, H. Kikuta, and C. S. Park, “Measurement by multidirectional interferometers of the position and orientation of a positioning stage,” APPLIED OPTICS, Vol.42, No.28, pp. 5661-5669, 2003.
-  T. Takatsuji, M. Goto, T. Kurokawa, T. Tanimura, and Y. Koseki, “The first measurement of a three-dimensional coordinate by use of a laser tracking interferometer system based on trilateration,” Measurement Science and technology, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 38-41, 1998.
-  R. Hartley and A. Zisserman, “Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision,” 2nd Ed., Cambridge University Press, 2004.
-  H. Bruck, S. McNeill, M. Sutton, and W. Peters III, “Digital image correlation using Newton-Raphson method of partial differential correction,” Experimental Mechanics, Vol.29, No.3, pp. 261-268, 1988.
-  M. Sutton, “Digital image correlation for shape and deformation measurements,” in Springer Handbook of Experimental Solid Mechanics, W. N. Sharpe Jr. (Ed.), pp. 565-600, Springer US, 2008.
-  Z. Zhang, “A flexible new technique for camera calibration,” IEEE transactions on pattern analysis and machine intelligence, Vol.22, No.11, pp. 1330-1334, 2000.
-  C. Harris and M. Stephnes, “A combined corner and edge detector,” Proceeding of 4th Alvey Vision Conference, pp. 147-151, 1988.
-  Y. Cui, F. Zhou, Y. Wang, L. Liu, and H. Gao “Precise calibration of binocular vision system used for vision measurement,” Optics Express, Vol.22, No.8, pp. 9134-9149, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.