Quick On-Machine Measurement of Ground Surface Finish Available for Mass Production Cylindrical Grinding Processes
Kazuhito Ohashi, Kazuya Tan, Tomoya Ashida, and Shinya Tsukamoto
3-1-1 Tsushima-Naka, Kita-ku, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
-  T. Nakajima and N. Narutaki, “Machining Technology,” Corona Publishing Co., Ltd., Tokyo, p. 7, 1983. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Takaya, “In-Process and On-Machine Measurement of Machining Accuracy for Process and Product Quality Management: A Review,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 4-19, 2014.
-  T. Hirose, Y. Kami, T. Shimizu, M. Yabuya, and Y. Morimoto, “Development of On-Machine Measurement Unit for Correction Processing of Aspheric Lens Mold with High Numerical Aperture,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 34-42, 2014.
-  S. A. Coker, S. J. Oh, and Y. C. Shin, “In-Process Monitoring of Surface Roughness Utilizing Ultrasound,” Trans. ASME J. Manuf. Sci. Eng., Vol.120, No.1, pp. 197-200, 1998.
-  Y. C. Shin, S. J. Oh, and S. A. Coker, “Surface Roughness Measurement by Ultrasonic Sensing for In-Process Monitoring,” Trans. ASME J. Eng. Ind., Vol.117, No.3, pp. 439-447, 1995.
-  B. Bridge and G. J. Bollini, “The effect of surface roughness on ultrasonic backscatter monitoring of intrinsic (subsurface) structure,” Br. J. Non-Destr. Test, Vol.29, No.4, pp. 228-237, 1987.
-  M. Adach, T. Inari, and M. Kamei, “Monitoring of Roughness Profile of Metal Surface Using Diffuse Reflection of Laser Light,” J. Soc. Instrum. Control. Eng., Vol.20, No.2, pp. 536-541, 1984. (in Japanese)
-  T. Yoshimura, E. Miyazaki, and K. Nakanishi, “Monitoring surface roughness by means of doubly scattered image speckle,” Opt. Eng., Vol.32, No.6, pp. 1354-1359, 1993.
-  T. S. Reddy, “On-line monitoring of tool wear and surface roughness by acoustic emission in CNC turning,” Int. J. Robot Autom., Vol.26, No.3, pp. 305-312, 2011.
-  S. Tangjitsitcharoen, “Intelligent Monitoring and Estimation of Surface Roughness on CNC Turning,” Key Eng. Mater., Vol.443, pp. 376-381, 2010.
-  M. Shiraishi and H. Sumiya, “Surface Roughness Monitoring and Dimensional Error Control in Turning by Quasi-Sensor Fusion,” Proc. Am. Control Conf., Vol.1995, No.3, pp. 1727-1731, 1995.
-  W. Lin, B. Lee, and H. Chen, “Monitoring Surface Roughness of Turning by Using Image Processing Technology,” Mater. Sci. Forum, Vol.532/533, pp. 1164-1167, 2006.
-  S. Varghese and V. Radhakriahnan, “A multi sensor approach to in-process monitoring of surface roughness,” J. Mater. Process Technol., Vol.44, No.3/4, pp. 353-362, 1994.
-  C. S. Lee, S. W. Kim, and D. Y. Yim, “An in-process measurement technique using laser for non-contact monitoring of surface roughness and form accuracy of ground surfaces,” CIRP Ann. (Int. Inst. Prod. Eng. Res.), Vol.36, No.1, pp. 425-428, 1987.
-  J. G. Valliant, M. P. Foley, and J. M. Bennett, “Instrument for on-line monitoring of surface roughness of machined surfaces,” Opt. Eng., Vol.39, No.12, pp. 3247-3254, 2000.
-  M. S. Sodhi and K. Tiliouine, “Surface roughness monitoring using computer vision,” Int. J. Mach. Tools Manuf., Vol.36, No.7, pp. 817-828, 1996.
-  J. A. Leather, “On-line monitoring of surface roughness,” Int. Conf. Adv. Surf. Coating Technol., No.1, pp. 81-86, 1978.
-  F. Kobayashi, F. Arai, and T. Fukuda, “Intelligent Monitoring System for Grinding Process by Recurrent Fuzzy Inference. Evaluation of Inferred Surface Roughness Using Degree of Fuzziness,” J. Robot Mechatron, Vol.11, No.5, pp. 423-430, 1999.
-  E. Saljé, “Rauheitsmessung Beim Schleifen verbessert Steuermöglichke,” Maschinenmarkt iten, Vol.84, No.58, pp. 1156-1157, 1978.
-  Y. Ito and T. Moriwaki, “Machine Tool Engineering,” Corona Publishing Co., Ltd., Tokyo, p. 161, 1989. (in Japanese)
-  K. Ohashi, R. Nagata, S. Tsukamoto, and H. Hasegawa, “Novel On-Machine Measurement of Surface Finish with Thermoelectric Effect for Rotating Ground Workpiece,” Advance in Abrasive Technology, Vol.X, pp. 519-526, 2007.
-  T. Nanajima, S. Tsukamoto, and M. Yoshikawa, “Effects of Water Soluble Type Grinding Fluids (3rd Report) – Relations between Cooling and Lubricant Actions of Surface Active Agents and Grinding Results –,” J. Jpn. Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol.54, No.2, pp. 414-419, 1988. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.