A Collector of Dissolved Air Using Centrifugal Separation for Underwater Breathing
Jung-Ho Park*, In-Seob Park*, So-Nam Yun*,
Young-Bog Ham*, Pil-Woo Heo*, and Sung-Cheol Jang**
*Extreme Mechanical Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials, 156 Gajeongbuk-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-343, Republic of Korea
**Department of Aviation Mechatronics, Korea Aviation Polytechnic College, 46 Dahakgil, Sacheon 664-708, Republic of Korea
-  C. Acott, “A brief history of diving and decompression illness,” SPUMS J., Vo.29, No.2, pp. 98-109, 1999.
-  R. Klos, “Principles of work of different types of underwater breathing apparatus,” Polish Maritime Research, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 72-84, 2008.
-  K. Nagase, F. Kohori, and K. Sakai, “Development of a compact gill using concentrated hemoglobin solution as the oxygen carrier,” J. of Membrane Science, Vol.215, pp. 281-292, 2003.
-  K. Nagase, U. Hasegawa, and F. Kohori, “The photoresponse of a molybdenum porphyrin makes an artificial gill feasible,” J. of Membrane Science, Vol.249, pp. 235-243, 2005.
-  N. J. Shirtcliffe, G. McHale, M. I. Newton, C. C. Perry, and F. B. Pyatt, “Plastron properties of a superhydrophobic surface,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.89, pp. 104106-104107, 2006.
-  M. R. Flynn and J. W. M. Bush, “Underwater breathing: the mechanics of plastron respiration,” J. Fluid Mech., Vol.608, pp. 275-296, 2008.
-  S. Atherton, J. C. Brennan, R. H. Morris, and J. D. E. Smith, “Plastron Respiration Using Commercial Fabrics,” Materials, Vol.7, pp. 484-495, 2014.
-  P.-W. Heo and I.-S. Park, “Separation of dissolved gas for breathing of a human against sudden waves using hollow fiber membranes,” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol.6, pp. 1085-1088, 2012.
-  http://www.likeafish.biz/ [accessed on February 11, 2014]
-  R. Suzuki, et al, “Bubble elimination in oil for fluid power systems,” SAE Technical Paper Series, Paper Number 982037, 1998.
-  R. Suzuki and Y. Tanaka, “Downsizing of oil reservoir by bubble eliminator,” Proc. of the 6th JFPS Int. Symp. on Fluid Power, pp. 291-296, 2005.
-  Y. Tanaka, R. Suzuki, K. Arai, K. Iwamoto, and K. Kawazura, “Visualization of flow fields in a bubble eliminator,” J. of Visualization, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 81-90, 2001.
-  S. Sakama, Y. Tanaka, and R. Suzuki, “Optimization of bubble eliminator through numerical and experimental investigation,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 418-425, 2012.
-  G. E. Totten, Y. H. Sun, and R. J. Bishop, “Hydraulic fluids: foaming, air entrainment, and air release-a review,” SAE Technical Paper Series, Paper Number 972789, 1997.
-  J.-H. Park, et al, “A study on collector of dissolved air using centrifugal separation,” Proc. of the KSPSE Autumn Conf., pp. 94-97, 2012. (in Korean)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.