Solving Slug Pulling Problem Using High-Pressure Air Generated by a Compression Unit Installed Inside a Die Set
Nishinippon Institute of Technology, 1-11 Aratsu, Kanda-Cho, Fukuoka-Ken 800-0394, Japan
-  T. Nakagawa and I. Aoki, “Slug Pulling in Metal Stamping and Its Prevention,” Japan Metal Stamping Association, 2001.
-  T. Viktor and B. Lubos, “Comparison of methods controlling slug pulling by using an indirect method in automotive industry,” ISSN:2277-7059, Int. J. of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.2, Issue 10, 2012,
on line: http://www.ijmejournal.com/ [accessed on September 30, 2014]
-  M. Elynuik, “Slug pulling preventing tooling die,” U.S. Patent, US7210384 B2, Jan. 1991.
-  J. C. W. Bakermans, J. F. Dubbs, and L. R. Holbrook, “Prevention of slug pulling in stamping presses,” U.S. Patent, US 5136907 A, May, 1991.
-  F. Gao, “Stamping Die with the mean of Slug Removal,” Japan Patent, No.5046048, Jul. 2012.
-  F. Gao, H. Shimada, Y. Wang, and S. Kanaya, “Development of A High Pressure Air Generation Unit Inside A Press Die And Its Confirmation Test For Slug Removal,” Die and Mould Technology, Vol.28, No.7, pp. 030-031, Jul. 2013.
-  T. Viktor and B. Lubos, “A Review of Methods and Precautions against Slug Pulling,” Int. J. of Pure and Applied Sciences and Technology, ISSN 2229-6107, pp. 7-15, Vol.12, Issue 1, 2012.
-  I. Aoki and M. Sasada, “Factors of causing slug pulling,” Press Working, pp. 23-35, Vol.48, No.10, 2010.
-  M. Ochiai, “Die for Prevetion of Slug Pulling and Slug Clogging in Matel Punching Process,” Japan Patent, Publication No.: P2012-110962A, Nov. 2011.
-  W. J. Cubides, “Controlling slug pulling with hole lapping,” Stamping J., January/February, 2008,
on line: http://www.thefabricator.com/publication/sj/issue/216 [accessed on September 30, 2014]
-  Shin-Nihon Tech.INC, “Divice for Prevetion of Slug Pulling in Press Punching,” Japan Patent, Publication No.: P2008-68317A, May 2007.
-  A. Hedrick, “Eliminating slug pulling during piercing operations,” Stamping J., May 2004,
on line: http://www.thefabricator.com/publication/sj/issue/104 [accessed on September 30, 2014]
-  H. Yoshida, “Practical Examples for Prevention of slug pulling,” Press Working, pp. 18-22, Vol.48, No.10, 2010.
-  MisumiWeb Order System, “Jector Straight Punchese, Code: SJC,” Catalog for Press Die, p. 229, V2014,
URL: http://jp.misumi-ec.com/ [accessed on September 30, 2014]
-  Y. Endou, K. Kishino, N. Hasegawa, and R. Suzuki, “Measuring of Friction Between Scrap and Inner Surface of Die,” Proc. of the 1999 Japanese Spring Conf. for the Technology of Plasticity, pp. 375-376, 1999.
-  H. Shimada, “Development of A High-Presure Air Generationg Unit Used Inside A Press Die and Its Verification Test for Slug Pulling Prevention,” Thesis for Master Degree, Graduate School, Nishinippon Institute of Technology, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.