Dynamic Thermoelastic Behavior in Sheet Glass Generated by Pulsed Laser Irradiation Using a One-Dimensional Model
Akira Chiba, Hirofumi Hidai, Souta Matsusaka,
and Noboru Morita
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
-  T. Okiyama, “Cleavage-cutting of brittle materials by laser heating (Special Issue on High-efficiency and High-accuracy Slicing Technology of Hard and Brittle Materials),” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.60, No.2, pp. 196-199, 1994. (in Japanese)
-  T. Ueda, “Laser cleaving of brittle materials,” The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.110, No.106, pp. 859-861, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  K. Yamamoto, N. Hasaka, H. Morita, and E. Ohmura, “Thermal Stress Analysis on Laser Scribing of Glass,” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.71, No.9, pp. 1157-1162, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  M. Tsuruki, T. Machida, K. Imoto, and A. Sawada, “Analytical study on crack initiation position in laser beam cleaving of ceramics,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series A, Vol.68, No.667, pp. 448-455, 2002. (in Japanese)
-  F. Motomura, Y. Imai, and A. Saimoto, “Influence of thickness in the thermal stress cleaving of sheet glasss,” Proc. of M&M2008 Solid Mechanics Conf. GS0605, Sep. 2008. (in Japanese)
-  J. Liu, J. Lu, X. Ni, G. Dai, and L. Zhang, “Thermal stress cleaving of silion wafer by pulsed Nd:YAG laser,” Chinese Optics Letters, Vol.8, No.8, pp. 1000-1003, 2010.
-  K. Yamada, K. Oiso, A. Hosokawa, and T. Ueda, “Studies on Cleaving Mechanism of Silicon Wafer with Pulsed YAG Laser,” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.67, No.11, pp. 1861-1865, 2011.
-  K. Yamada, S. Nishioka, A. Hosokawa, and T. Ueda, “Cleaving Process of Brittle Materials with Pulsed YAG Laser,” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.69, No.1, pp. 120-124, 2003.
-  K. Yahata, E. Ohmura, S. Shimizu, K. Yamamoto, and M. Murakami, “Thermal Stress Analysis in Laser Scribing of Glass with Pulsed Laser,” Proc. of the 8th the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, No.10-11, pp. 65-66, 2010.
-  T. Yamamoto, A. Hagiya L. Zhou, H. Ojima, and H. Eda, “Study on Cleavage-Cutting of Silicon Wafer with Ultra-Short Pulsed Laser,” Proc. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Ibaraki meeting, pp. 209-210, 2005.
-  T. Mizoguchi, A. Hagiya, T. Yamamoto, L. Zhou, J. Shimizu, and H. Eda, “Fundamental Study on Cleavage-Cutting of Silicon Wafer by Ultra-Short Pulsed Laser,” Proc. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Ibaraki meeting, pp. 67-68, 2007.
-  N. Sumi, “Propagation of Thermal and Thermal Stress Waves in Finite medium under Laser-Pulse Heating,” the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vo.64, No.97, pp. 2257-2262, 1998.
-  J. Montoya and A. Goncharov, “Finite element calculations of the time dependent thermal fluxes in the laser-heated diamond anvil cell,” J. Appl. Phys., Vol.111, 112617, 2012.
-  X. Elmer and T. DebRoy, “Heat transfer and fluid in laser microwelding,” J. Appl. Phys., Vol.97, 084909, 2005.
-  A. Helebrant, C. Buerhop, and R. Weibmann, “Mathematical modeling of temperature distribution during CO2 laser irradiation of glass,” Glass Technology, Vol.34, No.4, pp. 154-158, 1993.
-  T. Wee, Y. Lu, and W. Chim, “Numerical prediction of the etched profile in pyrolytic laser etching of Silicon and Gallium arsenide,” Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Vol.36, pp. 5116-5124, 1997.
-  Y. Shanjani and E. Toyserkani, “Selective laser sintering of calcium polyphosphate: Finite element modeling and experiments,” J. of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 28-34, 2009.
-  E. Rainey, J. Hemlund, and A. Kavner, “Temperature distribution in the laser-heated diamond anvil cell from 3-D numerical modeling,” J. Appl. Phys., Vol.114, 204905, 2013.
-  K. Yamamoto, N. Hasaka, H. Morita, and E. Ohmura, “Threedimensional thermal stress analysis on laser scribing of glass,” Precicion Engineering, Vol.32, pp. 301-308, 2008.
-  A. Chiba, S. Matsusaka, H. Hidai, and N. Morita, “Study of thermal stress begaviour of sheet glass during laser irradiation using one-dimensional elastic wave model,” J. of advanced Mechanical Design, System, and Manufacturing, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 1-11, 2014.
-  K. Mori, “Two-fliud simulations of shock wave propagation and shock-bubble interaction in collisionless plasma,” Phys. Plasmas, Vol.19, 032311, 2012.
-  S. Ko, S. Ryu, N. Misra, H. Pan, C. Grigoropoulos, N. Kladias, E. Panides, and G. Domoto, “Laser induced plane acoustic wave generation, propagation, and interaction with rigid structure in water,” J. Appl. Phys., Vol.104, 073104, 2008.
-  S. Theppakuttai and S. Chen, “Nanoscale surface modification of glass using 1 1064 nm pulsed laser,” Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol.83, No.4, 28, pp. 758-760, 2003.
-  K. Kim, J. Kim, D. Farson, H. Choi, and K. Kim, “Hybrid laser cutting for flat panel display glass,” Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Vol.47, No.8, pp. 6978-6981, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.