Deformation Analysis of Silicone Rubber Sheet Subjected to Keen WC Blade Indentation
Pusit Mitsomwang*, Shigeru Nagasawa*, Hiroki Kuroiwa**,
and Yoshio Fukushima**
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, 1603-1 Kamitomioka, Nagaoka, Niigata 940-2188, Japan
**Gunma Industrial Technology Center, 884 Kamesato-machi, Maebashi, Gunma 379-2147, Japan
-  L. Meunier, G. Chagnon, D. Favier, L. Orgeas, and P. Vacher, “Mechanical experimental characterization and numerical modelling of an unfilled silicone rubber,” Polymer Testing, Vol.27, pp. 765-777, Sep. 2008.
-  www.siliconerubber.com/shyuseit.asp [accessed on Feb. 12, 2014].
-  P. Liu, Q. Chen, B. Yuan, M. Chen, S. Wu, S. Lin, and J. Shen, “Facile surface modification of silicone rubber with zwitterionic polymers for improving blood compatibility,” Materials Science and Engineering C, Vol.33, pp. 3865-3874, May 2013.
-  S. Nagasawa, Y. Masaki, M. Fujikura, N. Lukkanasirikul, and Y. Fukuzawa, “Analysis of cutting characterisitc of polycarbonate sheet subjected to wedge indentation by knife edge and grooved plate,” Machining Science and Technology, Vol.15, pp. 110-133, Mar. 2011.
-  S. Chaijit, S. Nagasawa, Y. Fukuzawa, M. Murayama, and A. Hine, “Effect of underlay rigidity on cutting characteristic of aluminum foil during wedge shearing process,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 800-811, Apr. 2008.
-  S. Nagasawa, T. Takahashi, and M. Fujikura, “Contact stability on cutting characteristics of polycarbonate sheets subjected to two-line wedge indentation,” J. of Solid Mechanics and Materials Engineering, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 578-589, 2010.
-  C. T. McCarthy, M. Hussey, and M. D. Gilchrist, “On the sharpness of straingth edge blades in cutting soft solids: Part I – Indentation experiments,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol.74, pp. 2205-224, Dec. 2006.
-  P. H. Tsai, Y. Z. Lin, J. B. Li, S. R. Jian, J. S. C. Jang, C. Li, J. P. Chu, and J. C. Huang, “Sharpness improvement of surgical blade by means of ZrCuAlAgSi mitallic glass and metallic glass thin film coating,” Intermetallics, Vol.31, pp. 127-131, Jul. 2012.
-  www.mscsoftware.com/Submitted-Content/Resources/WP_Non linear_FEA-Elastomers.pdf [accessed on April 7, 2014].
-  P. Mitsomwang, S. Nagasawa, S. Chaijit, M. Fujikura, and Y. Mutoh, “Effect of underlay stiffness on cutting profile of polycarbonate sheet during wedge indentation process,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.6, No.7, pp. 1168-1179, May 2012.
-  http://albright1.com/types-and-properties/ [accessed on April 12, 2014].
-  MSC Software Corporation, Volume B: Element library, pp. 13-15, 2010.
-  MSC, Software, User’s guide, pp. 1124-1131, 2010.
-  Y. Tawan, C. Raksiri, and C. Aramphongphun, “A study of the dimensional effect on dynamic mechanical behavior of engine mounts,” Kasetsart engineering j., Vol.14, pp. 61-74, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.