Toward a Pattern Language for Eco-Business Design
Shinsuke Kondoh*, Hitoshi Komoto*, Yusuke Kishita**,
and Nobuo Nakamura***
*National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-2-1 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8564, Japan
**Osaka University, 2-1 Yamada-oka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
***a-Socca, Inc., 5-2 Higasyi-ashiya, Ashiya, Hyogo 659-0095, Japan
-  L. Alting and J. Jorgensen, “The Life Cycle Concept as a Basis of Sustainable Production,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.42, No.1, pp. 163-166, 1993.
-  UNEP, “ECODESIGN: a promising approach to sustainable product and consump-tion,” UNITED NATIONS PUBLICATION, 1997.
-  W. Wimmer, R. Zust, and K. Lee, “ECODESIGN IMPLEMENTATUION,” Springer, 2004.
-  Y. Umeda, A. Nonomura, and T. Tomiyama, “Study on life-cycle design for the post mass production paradigm,” AIEDAM, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 149-161, 2000.
-  K. Kobayashi and T. Kumazawa, “A Simulation-based Decision Support Methodology for Reuse Business,” Proc. of Eco-Design 2005, 3A-1-2F (CD-ROM), 2005.
-  Y. Umeda, T. Nishiyama, Y. Yamasaki, Y. Kishita, and S. Fukushige, “Proposal of sustainable society scenario simulator,” CIRP J. of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Vol.1, Issue 4, pp. 272-278, 2009.
-  E. Kunii, T. Matsuura, S. Fukushige, and Y. Umeda, “Proposal of Consistency Management Method Between Product and its Life Cycle for Supporting Life Cycle Design,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 264-271, 2012.
-  M. Lindahl and G. Olundh, “The Meaning of Functional Sales,” Proc. of the 8th CIRP Int. Seminar on Life Cycle Engineering, pp. 211-220, 2001.
-  M. J. Goedkoop, C. J. G. van Halen, H. R. M. te Riele, and P. J. M. Rommens, “Product service systems, ecological and economic basis,” PricewaterCoopers, 1999.
-  N. Morelli, “Developing new product service systems (PSS): methodologies and operational tools,” J. of Cleaner Production, Vol.14, pp. 1495-1501, 2006.
-  H. Meier, R. Roy, and G. Seliger, “Industrial Product-Service Systems IPS2,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.59, No.2, pp. 607-627, 2010.
-  E. Sundin and B. Bras, “Making Functional Sales Environmentally and Economically Beneficial through Product Remanufacturing,” J. of Cleaner Production, Vol.13, No.9, pp. 913-925, 2005.
-  M. Lindahl, E. Sundin, and T. Sakao, “Environmental and Economic Benefits of Integrated Product Service Offerings Quantified with Real Business Cases,” J. of Cleaner Production, Vol.64, pp. 288-296, 2014.
-  E. Sundin, M. Lindahl, and W. Ijomah, “Product design for product/ service systems – design experiences from Swedish industry,” J. of Manufacturing Technology Management, Vol.20, Issue 5, pp. 723-753, 2009.
-  J. C. Brezet, A. S. Bijima, J. Ehrenfeld, and S. Silvester, “The Design of Eco-efficient services-Method, tools and review of the case study based ‘Designing Eco-efficient Services’ project,” Delft University of Technology, 2001.
-  S. Kondoh, K. Kurakawa, S. Kato, Y. Umeda, and S. Takata, “Analysis of Key Success Factors for Eco-Business through Case Studies in Japan,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 252-263, 2012.
-  S. Kondoh and N. Mishima, “Proposal of cause-effect pattern library for realizing sustainable businesses,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.60, No.1, pp. 33-36, 2011.
-  N. Nakamura, K. Mandai, S. Fukushige, and Y. Umeda, “Proposal of a Methodology for Supporting Eco-Business Planning,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 272-278, 2012.
-  C. Alexander, S. Ishikawa, and M. Silverstein, “A Pattern Language: Towns, Buildings, Construction,” Oxford University Press, 1977.
-  C. Alexander, M. Silverstein, S. Angel, S. Ishikawa, and D. Abrams, “The Oregon Experiment,” Oxford University Press, 1975.
-  E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, and J. Vlissides, “Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software,” Addison-Wesley, 1994.
-  J. D. Sterman, “Business Dynamics,” McGraw-Hill, 2000.
-  Press release of Green Power Certification Council,
http://eneken.ieej.or.jp/greenpower/eng/temp/04/01.pdf [accessed on April 7, 2014].
-  S. Kodoh, H. Komoto, Y. Kishita, and S. Fukushige, “Toward a Sustainable Business Design: A Survey,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.15, pp. 367-372, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.