Analysis of Energy Consumption Patterns and Climate Effects Using Panel Data
Michinori Uwasu, Keishiro Hara, and Hideki Kobayashi
Center for Environmental Innovation Design for Sustainability (CEIDS), Osaka University, 2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita 565-0871, Japan
-  IEA, World Energy Outlook 2012, 2012.
-  Y. Chang, J. Lee, and H. Yoon, “Alternative Projection of the World Energy Consumption – In Comparison with the 2010 International Energy Outlook,” Energy Policy, Vol.50, pp. 154-160, 2012.
-  F. Kern and A. Smith, “Restructuring Energy Systems for Sustainability? Energy Transition Policy in the Netherlands,” Energy Policy, Vol.36, pp. 4093- 4103, 2008.
-  N. Apergis and C. F. Tang, “Is the Energy-led Growth Hypothesis Valid? New Evidence from a Sample of 85 Countries,” Energy Economics, Vol.38, pp. 24-31, 2013.
-  K. B. Medlock III, “Energy Demand Theory,” J. Evans and L. Hunt (Eds.), Edward Elgar, London, Int. Handbook of the Economics of Energy, 2009.
-  L. Pérez-Lombard, J. Ortiz, and C. Pout, “A Review on Buildings Energy Consumption Information,” Energy and Buildings, Vol.40, pp. 394-398, 2008.
-  A. D. Amato, M. Ruth, P. Kirshen, and J. Horwitz, “Regional Energy Demand Responses To Climate Change: Methodology And Application To The Commonwealth Of Massachusetts,” Climatic Change, Vol.71, pp. 175-201, 2005.
-  T. Frank, “Climate Change Impacts on Building Heating and Cooling Energy Demand in Switzerland,” Energy and Buildings, Vol.37, pp. 1175-1185, 2005.
-  IEA Int. Energy Agency, Key World Energy Statistics, 2012,
www.iea.org/publications/freepublications/publication/kwes.pdf [accessed on August 5, 2013].
-  World Bank, 2013,
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator?display=default [accessed on December 28, 2012].
-  E. Holden, “Three Challenges for the Compact City as a Sustainable Urban Form: Household Consumption of Energy and Transport in Eight Residential Areas in the Greater Oslo Region,” Urban Studies, Vol.42, pp. 2145-2166, 2005.
-  Y. Ko, “Urban Form and Residential Energy Use – A Review of Design Principles and Research Findings,” J. of Planning Literature, Vol.28, pp. 327-351, 2013.
-  E. O’Driscoll, D. Óg Cusack, and G. E. O’Donnell, “The Characterisation of Energy Consumption in Manufacturing Facilities – A Hierarchical Approach,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.6, pp. 727-734, 2013.
-  M. Kottek, J. Griser, C. Beck, B. Rudolf, and F. Rubel, “World Map of the Koppen-Geiger Climate Classification,” Meteorologische Zeitschrift, Vol.15, pp. 259-263, 2000.
-  A. Summers and R. Heston, “Penn World Data,” 2013,
https://pwt.sas.upenn.edu/php_site/pwt index.php [accessed on March 15, 2014].
-  T. Luzzati and M. Orsini, “Investigating the energy-environmental Kuznets curve,” Energy, Vol.34, pp. 291-300, 2009.
-  J. Goldemberg and L. T. Siqueira Prado, “The Decline of the World’s Energy Intensity Original Research Article,” Energy Policy, Vol.39, pp. 1802-1805, 2011.
-  R. D. Cook and S.Weisberg, “Residuals and influence in regression,” Chapman & Hall, New York, NY, 1982.
-  W. Greene, “Econometric Analysis,” 6th (Ed.), Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2008.
-  H. Hibino, T. Sakuma, and M. Yamaguchi, “Evaluation System for Energy Consumption and Productivity in Manufacturing System Simulation,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 279-288, 2012.
-  C. Park, K. Kwon, W. Kim, B. Min, S. Park, I. Sung, Y. Yoon, K. Lee, J. Lee, and J. Seok, “Energy Consumption Reduction Technology in Manufacturing – A Selective Review of Policies, Standards, and Research,” Int. J. of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol.10, No.5, pp. 151-173, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.