Thermally Caused Location Errors of Rotary Axes of 5-Axis Machine Tools
Michael Gebhardt*, Alexander Schneeberger*, Sascha Weikert**,
Wolfgang Knapp*, and Konrad Wegener*
*Institute of Machine Tools and Manufacturing (IWF), ETH Zurich, CLA G6, Tannenstrasse 3, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
**Inspire, Transfer Institute for Mechatronic Systems and Manufacturing Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
-  J. Bryan, “International Status of Thermal Error Research,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.39, Issue 2, pp. 645-656, 1990.
-  M. Weck, P. McKeown, R. Bonse, and U. Herbst, “Reduction and Compensation of thermal Errors in machine Tools,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.44, Issue 2, pp. 589-598, 1995.
-  J. Mayr, J. Jedrzejewski, E. Uhlmann, M. Donmez, W. Knapp, F. Härtig, K. Wendt, T.Moriwaki, P. Shore, R. Schmitt, Ch. Brecher, T. Würz, and K. Wegener, “Thermal issues in machine tools,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.61, Issue 2, pp. 771-791, 2012.
-  ISO 230-3:2007, “Test code for machine tools – Part 3: Determination of thermal effects,” Geneva, Switzerland.
-  ISO 10791-10:2006, “Test code for machining centers – Part 10: Evaluation of thermal distortions,” Geneva, Switzerland.
-  S. Nestmann, R. Neugebauer, and R. Langer, “Thermozelle zur Untersuchung des thermischen Verhaltens von Maschinen,” Maschinenmarkt MM das Industriemagazin, 104, 40, 34-37, 1998.
-  T.Moriwaki, “Analysis of thermal Deformation of an Ultraprecision Air Spindle System,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.47, No.1, pp. 315-319, 1998.
-  J. Mayr, et al, “Thermal Behavior Improvement of linear axes,” Proc. of 11th euspen Int. Conf., V1, 291-294, 2011.
-  T. Moriwaki, “Thermal Deformation and Its On-Line Compensation of hydrostatically Supported Precision Spindles,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.37, Issue 1, pp. 393-396, 1988.
-  P. Turek, J. Jedrzejewsky, andW.Modrzycki, “Methods of Machine Tool Error Compensation,” J. of Machine Engineering, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 5-26, 2010.
-  ISO-230-7:2007, “Test code for machine tools – Part 7: Geometric accuracy of axes of rotation,” Geneva, Switzerland
-  M. Ess, T. Liebrich,W. Knapp, and K.Wegener, “Thermal displacements of rotary axes,” MTTRF, 2011.
-  S. Ibaraki and C. Hong, “Thermal Test for Error Maps of Rotary Axes by R-Test,” Key Engineering Materials, Vols.523-524, pp. 809-814, 2012.
-  M. Gebhardt, P. von Cube, W. Knapp, and K. Wegener, Proc. of the 12th euspen Int. Conf., Stockholm 2012, 2012.
-  M. Ess, “Simulation and Compensation of Thermal Errors of Machine Tools,” Dissertation No.20300, ETH Zurich, 2012.
-  ISO/DIS 10791-1.2:2013-07-12, “Test conditions for machining centres – part 1: Geometric Tests for machines with horizontal spindle (horizontal Z-axis),” Genua, Switzerland, 2007.
-  M. Gebhardt, M. Ess, S. Weikert, W. Knapp, and K. Wegener, “Phenomenological Compensation of Thermally caused Position and Orientation Errors of Rotary Axes,” J. of Manufacturing Processes, ISSN 1526-6125, 2013.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmapro.2013.05.007. [Available online 9 July 2013]
-  M. Gebhardt, “Thermal Behaviour and Compensation of Rotary Axes in 5-Axis Machine Tools,” Dissertation No.21733, ETH Zurich, 2014.
-  ISO-230-1:2012, “Test code for machine tools – Part 1: Geometric accuracy of machines operating under no-load or quasi-static conditions,” Geneva, Switzerland
-  S. Weikert, “R-Test, a New Device for Accuracy Measurements on Five Axis Machine Tools,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.53, Issue 1, pp. 429-432, 2004.
-  K. Millsaps and K. Pohlhausen, “Heat Transfer by Laminar Flow from a Rotating Plate,” J. of Aeronautical Science, Vol.19, pp. 120-126, 1952.
-  G. Cardone, T. Astarita, and G. M. Carlomagno, “Heat Transfer Measurements on a Rotating Disk,” Int. J. of Rotating Machinery, Vol.3, No1, pp. 1-7, 1997.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.