Development of an Innovative Power-Assist Omni-Directional Mobile Bed Considering Operator’s Characteristics
Yuki Ueno*1, Hideo Kitagawa*2, Kiyoaki Kakihara*3,
Toshio Sakakibara*4, and Kazuhiko Terashima*1
*1Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
*2Gifu National College of Technology, 2236-2 Kamimakuwa, Motosu, Gifu 501-0495, Japan
*3KER CO., LTD., 215 Yutakagaoka, Toyokawa, Aichi 442-0808, Japan
*4Fukushimura Hospital, 19-14 Yamanaka, Noyori, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8124, Japan
-  T. Miyoshi, A. Niinuma, K. Terashima, and Y. Miyashita, “Development of Industry Oriented Power-Assisted System and Comparison with Conventional Machine,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.6, pp. 692-699, 2009.
-  Y. Yamada, H. Konosu, T. Morizono, and Y. Umetani, “Proposal of Skill-Assist: a system of assisting human workers by reflecting their skills in positioning tasks,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.4, pp. 11-16, 1999.
-  N. Takesue, H.Murayama, K. Fujiwara, K. Matsumoto, H. Konosu, and H. Fujimoto, “Kinesthetic Assistance for Improving Task Performance – The Case of Window Installation Assist –,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.6, pp. 663-670, 2009.
-  K. Tomita, K. Sakae, and J. Yasuda, “Low Back Load Reduction Using Mechanical Lift during Transfer of Patients: A Validation Study Designed to the Acquired Skill for Caregivers,” J. of Occupational Health, Vol.50, No.4, pp. 103-110, 2008. (in Japanese)
-  K. Iwakiri, M. Takahashi, M. Sotoyama, M. Hirata, and N. Hisanaga, “Usage Survey of Care Equipment in Care Service Facilities for the Elderly,” J. of Occupational Health, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 12-20, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  T. Mukai, S. Hirano, M. Yoshida, H. Nakashima, Y. Kato, Y. Sakaida, S. Guo, and S. Hosoe, “Generation of Human Care Behaviors by Human-Interactive Robot RI-MAN,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3128-3129, 2007.
-  T. Mukai, S. Hirano, M. Yoshida, H. Nakashima, Y. Kato, Y. Sakaida, S. Guo, and S. Hosoe, “Development of a Nursing-Care Assistant Robot RIBA That Can Lift a Human in Its Arms,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 5996-6001, 2010.
-  S. Mascaro and H. H. Asada, “Docking Control of Holonomic Omnidirectional Vehicles With Applications to a Hybrid Wheelchair/Bed System,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 399-405, 1998.
-  Y. Kume, T. Shimoda, A. Ohta, S. Tsukada, H. Kawakami, M. Nakamura, J. Suzurikawa, and T. Inoue, “Development of Transfer Assist Robot System Supporting Self-Reliant Life,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.25, No.2, pp. 417-424, 2013.
-  Burke Inc., Impulse Drive,http://www.burkebariatric.com/BB3ImpulseDrive.html/ [accessed Apr. 18, 2014]
-  U. Borgolte, H. Hoyer, C. Buhler, and H. Heck, “Architectural Concepts of a Semi-autonomous Wheelchair,” J. of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol.22, pp. 233-253, 1998.
-  M. West and H. Asada, “Design and Control of Ball Wheel Omnidirectional Vehicles,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp. 1931-1938, 1995.
-  M. Wada, Y. Tominaga, and S. Mori, “Omnidirectional Holonomic Mobile Robot Using Nonholonomic Wheels,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.3, pp. 446-453, 1995.
-  C. Zhu, M. Oda, M. Yoshioka, T. Nishikawa, S. Shimazu, and X. Luo, “Admittance control based walking support and power assistance of an omnidirectional wheelchair typed robot,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), pp. 381-386, 2010.
-  H. Maeda, S. Fujiwara, H. Kitano, H. Yamashita, and H. Fukunaga, “Control of an Omni-directional Power-assisted Cart,” JSME Int. J. Series C Mechanical Systems, Machine Elements and Manufacturing, Vol.46, No.3, pp. 931-937, 2003.
-  T. Takubo, H. Arai, K. Tanie, and T. Arai, “Human-Robot Cooperative Handling Using Variable Virtual Nonholonomic Constraint,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.6, pp. 653-662, 2009.
-  Y. Kondo, T. Miyoshi, K. Terashima, and H. Kitagawa, “Navigation Guidance Control Using Haptic Feedback for Obstacle Avoidance of Omni-directional Wheelchair,” Symp. on Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environments and Teleoperator Systems, pp. 374-444, 2008.
-  H. Kitagawa, K. Terashima, T. Miyoshi, S. Kitamura, and J. Urbano, “Neuro-Fuzzy Control of Power-Assist Omnidirectional Wheelchair Using Human-Friendly Touch Panel,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 427-434, 2009.
-  Y. Ueno, T. Ohno, K. Terashima, and H. Kitagawa, “The Development of Driving Steering System with Differential Drive Steering System for Omni-Directional Mobile Robot,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.78, No.789, pp. 1872-1885, 2012.
-  H. Seki, T. Sugimoto, and S. Tadakuma, “Novel Straight Road Driving Control of Power Assisted Wheelchair Based on Disturbance Estimation and Minimum Jerk Control,” IAS Annual Meeting Industry Applications Conf., Vol.3, pp. 1711-1717, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.